ADVERTISEMENT

Sorry Purdue but it's over

The former admins on GBI banned people for all sorts of stupid reasons, including Purdue fans. I am on my third handle because of lifetime bans for pointing out deficiencies in former women's coaches. Never have gotten a ban from the IU site. One other thing about Des, while he is a Purdue fan, he is a DePauw grad and has an interesting take as an outsider looking in for the most part, especially with his career in sports administration.
I have never had an issue with Des and have supported him here several times. I don't always agree, but that doesn't matter.

With me, it is simple, and has been this way for 35 years...you get what you give.

Treat me with respect and you shall get it right back. Act the fool and you get the hose.

Other's persepectives make these boards more interesting and useful.

And yet here you and your not yet banned mates are trolling and sobbing for validation on the IU board even as your own team steamrolls

Bitter 101

But please… don’t ever change It defines you. Rent free Bubba

I'm not looking for validation; I'm just looking to talk hoops. You and Jimbo get some enjoyment out of trolling Purdue fans; I get it. It's IU's board, so I don't mind taking it. I usually choose to ignore it or take it in stride.

Every once in a while, though, you or he tee me up for an easy swing over the fences that I can't resist.

But I don't mind just chatting, either. I can multitask by posting on more than one board at a time. Shocking, I'm sure.

• Haha
Reactions: kkott
I took a glance over there. I don't see any thread titles about IU on the front page.

I see at least 5 on this site about Purdue, pretty much all of them started by IU posters.

If you want to keep Purdue posters off this board, stop making threads about them.
How many IU fans are posting on their board? That's the issue. Maybe there are some, I don't know as I don't read their board. But they are having one of their best years ever and still so insecure they need validation from here.

I'm not looking for validation; I'm just looking to talk hoops. You and Jimbo get some enjoyment out of trolling Purdue fans; I get it. It's IU's board, so I don't mind taking it. I usually choose to ignore it or take it in stride.

Every once in a while, though, you or he tee me up for an easy swing over the fences that I can't resist.

But I don't mind just chatting, either. I can multitask by posting on more than one board at a time. Shocking, I'm sure.
Read and Heed Post #41 just above you. Pretty simple

Reactions: BleedinGold
Read and Heed Post #41 just above you. Pretty simple

I only have gone tit for tat with you when you have come out with one of your standard responses at me that you give to all Boilers. Ven then I ignore the vast majority of them.

I have no bones or I'll will with any poster. And even the pot shot banter can be fun at times. But talking ball is why we all (okay most of us) are here

I only have gone tit for tat with you when you have come out with one of your standard responses at me that you give to all Boilers. Ven then I ignore the vast majority of them.

I have no bones or I'll will with any poster. And even the pot shot banter can be fun at times. But talking ball is why we all (okay most of us) are here
I am not sure my post 28 was completely off base with you post #27 BUT...If my response was not applicable to you, my apologies. I have a lot of you guys that focus on me, create new accounts just to follow me etc. Hell, I am a major topic on your board. If, I missed...my bad.

I have had good cyber relationships with several PU guys like Des, have even met up with a couple at IU games in Mackey and Ross Ade tailgates. People are usually less asshole-y over a beer.

Slate is clear on my side...but the rest of those ****s....

BleedinGold... please put that on your gravestone. Either Purdue wins the damn tourney or they don't. Nobody as a power 5 school, especially one that claims to be a basketball school, cares about anything else. If it makes you feel better I have placed money on Purdue to win it. Not as a guy trying to hedge the thought of Purdue winning, but because I think they have a hell of a team. All that other stuff is meaningless on a national level.

Reactions: kkott
35 straight non-con wins, 3 straight MTE titles, 4 B1G regular-season championships, 1 BTT championship, five S16, and 1 E8.
35 straight non-con wins? Was I asleep when the B10 added Fairleigh Dickinson? And, what the heck is an MTE title? Do the players get rings for that; maybe we'll see them sporting those at the next B10 media day too!

Eye I only have gone tit for tat with you when you have come out with one of your standard responses at me that you give to all Boilers. Ven then I ignore the vast majority of them.

should have done it sooner. just bet 400 to win 2400 there done. hell a 200 future bet took UK out in the 1st round.
You and Cav should stop making predictions. You both suck at it
Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
I am not sure my post 28 was completely off base with you post #27 BUT...If my response was not applicable to you, my apologies. I have a lot of you guys that focus on me, create new accounts just to follow me etc. Hell, I am a major topic on your board. If, I missed...my bad.

I have had good cyber relationships with several PU guys like Des, have even met up with a couple at IU games in Mackey and Ross Ade tailgates. People are usually less asshole-y over a beer.

Slate is clear on my side...but the rest of those ****s....
Self- agrandize much?

My goodness are you focused on being the voice and alleged participant wallet behind a failing program. And being recognized for it. Good for you.

But the passion.
The hate.
I get it.
I’m old enough.

Even though you didn’t have the stones to keep your kid out of there.
That’s a you problem. It grates you but they are likely STEM and wildly successful.

Liberal arts are dead. Mitch got them off campus in three years to free up space for what matters.
Hope you found a way to balance your emotional books.

It just doesn’t reconcile with the “pay for play/buy it back” strategy we are all stuck with currently doses it?
And I think you’re old enough to feel the same way although you
hold the company line that they bad/we good despite all evidence to the contrary from the ground up. And a bleak future.

Rinse and spit when we win in the future right? All the pro gals do that while they pocket the coin and take the walk.
Admit what we are. And will be for the foreseeable future.

Adjust my brother.

New world.

Bitter about what?

Yes, it's been a terrible stretch for me as a fan for the last ten years. Averaging over 25 wins a year is boring, especially with 35 straight non-con wins, 3 straight MTE titles, 4 B1G regular-season championships, 1 BTT championship, five S16, and 1 E8.

It's been a slog of bad basketball, and I'm not sure how I've made it through this long without apathy setting in.
It seems pathetic that a fan of any team other than IU would post here. Is it an inferiority complex kind of thing?

Reactions: bbafficionado
They can do it on their own board but what really matters to them is what we think.

I haven’t posted on a Purdue board for nine years. I finally went over there after their blowout win to lurk their take.

Amazing number of posts about IU still but the best entertainment, and I highly recommend it, is our old buddy Ordfan who was finally permabanned here is a stitch to watch melt down about us. Check out his current name there Kern County. Thank me later.
I’ve never been to the PU or UK basketball boards. Why would any IU fan?

Reactions: bbafficionado
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT