ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue is improving. Impressive

If making a FF is a lark, then why haven't Painter or Keady been able to do it
even one time? Mike Davis did it! Crean did it! Loyola Chicago did it! Why can't Keady or Painter do it? Why can't Keady or Painter recruit? That is the definition of sour grapes. FF's and recruiting stink because Keady and Painter can't achieve them.

When you accept NCAA failure, then the Big 10 and rivalry games become more important. It is called accepting mediocrity. Cool, you've kept Painter around for 16 years and he is 14-10 this year. To each man his own.
Now you’re just getting emotional.

bringing up Loyola shows how getting hot in the tournament against the right draw can get you to the final 4. That actually brings your argument down.

On recruiting if you aren’t a 1 and done factory then recruiting to fit makes more sense. Painter recruits to fit instead of star chasing and he’s had good success while doing that. With that said 4 of the top 6 highest ranked guards that he’s gotten to commit will be on his team next season (3 of them freshman) so his recruiting is picking up.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
You are the one who was comparing Painter and PU to Ohio St., Wisky, and Sparty. You don't get to substitute NCAA success for head to head matchups. That is was PU fans do whenever Bob Knight and Keady are compared. Bob Knight won 3 championships, went undefeated, and coached MJ to an Olympic gold medal. But, remember when PU beat IU at Mackey that one time? Remember what I said about accepting mediocrity?

Wow, Painter has beat Izzo before. That is just as awesome as going to 7 FF's, winning an NCAA championship, and recruiting well. Take off the gold and black glasses, you are being ridiculous.
I included the stat of what the schools had done and you switched it to coaches. You even added a coach in Beilein that I didn’t bring up lol! You’ve found 4 better coaches in the conference since 2000 though so good for you.

Now you’re just getting emotional.

bringing up Loyola shows how getting hot in the tournament against the right draw can get you to the final 4. That actually brings your argument down.

On recruiting if you aren’t a 1 and done factory then recruiting to fit makes more sense. Painter recruits to fit instead of star chasing and he’s had good success while doing that. With that said 4 of the top 6 highest ranked guards that he’s gotten to commit will be on his team next season (3 of them freshman) so his recruiting is picking up.
You never answered the question. If Mike Davis, Tom Crean, and Loyola Chicago can make it to a FF, why can't Painter or Keady? If Mike Davis and Tom Crean can recruit, why can't Painter or Keady?

Crean has recruited circles around Painter: ain't even close.

Crean recruited well for three seasons but didn't have the chops to make them successful. Painter recruits kids he wants in his system and you saw them shoot lights out to beat IU badly yesterday.

If making a FF is a lark, then why haven't Painter or Keady been able to do it
even one time? Mike Davis did it! Crean did it! Loyola Chicago did it! Why can't Keady or Painter do it? Why can't Keady or Painter recruit? That is the definition of sour grapes. FF's and recruiting stink because Keady and Painter can't achieve them.

When you accept NCAA failure, then the Big 10 and rivalry games become more important. It is called accepting mediocrity. Cool, you've kept Painter around for 16 years and he is 14-10 this year. To each man his own.
I’m just pushing back against the assertion that IU would’ve pushed out Painter based on the results he’s achieved at Purdue. That’s nonsense.

Reactions: Radio Zero
Here’s a guy who thinks bragging on Tom Crean is a smart move!
Here's a guy who thinks that keeping a coach with Tom Crean's success, minus the FF appearance and recruiting ability, around for 16 years is a good thing. 14-10 in year 16: nice!

I know why you are dodging my questions: if I were a PU fan, I would ignore them and accept mediocrity as well.

You never answered the question. If Mike Davis, Tom Crean, and Loyola Chicago can make it to a FF, why can't Painter or Keady? If Mike Davis and Tom Crean can recruit, why can't Painter or Keady?
Your definition of success over a career is wrong. Nothing I can do to help you there.

When you say certain coaches can recruit, what exactly is it you mean? Recruit high school kids ranked higher by the places that run these message boards?

Your definition of success over a career is wrong. Nothing I can do to help you there.

When you say certain coaches can recruit, what exactly is it you mean? Recruit high school kids ranked higher by the places that run these message boards?
NCAA failure is not success.

Blue chip recruits: you know what I mean. The best of the best. Highly ranked kids.

NCAA failure is not success.

Blue chip recruits: you know what I mean. The best of the best. Highly ranked kids.
1A6PbhB.gif

LMAO!

yea we have different definitions of success. I’m 100% with not agreeing with you here.

last thing before I leave this conversation and this is apples to oranges but where do you stand on Mike trout? Is he good or not? Ridiculous talent with the numbers to back it up but never won a playoff game.

Then why were Crean and Davis fired?
Because I’m guessing more of the IU fan base defined success the same way you do when Davis was let go and Dwayne Wade decoded he wanted an NBA career instead of playing college an illigal amount of years. Just a theory

Why do MJ and Kenny always tease Barkley? Because they have rings and he doesn't.

Why does the NFL have the Super Bowl? Why does the NBA have the NBA Fiinals? So on and so forth? Because the goal is to win a championship.

Because both failed to build programs with long term success at IU. Painter, on the other hand, has unquestionably done that at Purdue.
Success means something different at IU than PU. You really think not making a FF, not recruiting well, and going 14-10 in year 16 would fly at IU?

There’s a poster here who says IU would’ve fired Painter for the performance he’s turned in as Purdue’s coach. Of course, that same poster has been all in on Miller.
The pretend-attorney guy is wrong again, you say? The guy doesn't even realize Davis wasn't fired at IU. He's completely lost any credibility, assuming he had any to begin with. Totally cringeworthy in this thread. He should just log off and try again another day.

In that same period, IU has done considerably worse so, yes, that would easily fly at IU.
Considering Crean and Davis were fired, I would strongly disagree. While Sampson is a moron, he's a better coach than anybody that has ever coached at PU. PU would name their court after Mike Davis.

The pretend-attorney guy is wrong again, you say? The guy doesn't even realize Davis wasn't fired at IU. He's completely lost any credibility, assuming he had any to begin with. Totally cringeworthy in this thread. He should just log off and try again another day.
How do you know about the past when you just joined a couple of weeks ago and this is your 2nd post? Show yourself, coward.

Because both failed to build programs with long term success at IU. Painter, on the other hand, has unquestionably done that at Purdue.

That’s a stupid statement. He’s never been to a F4. He’s not winning the Big regularly. He’s not getting top level recruits. He’s in his 16th year and the last time he threatened to leave, he used Missouri as the program that was going to poach him. You’re unquestionably wrong with this hot take.

What was it Knight did to sabotage the program after he left? I must have stepped out to the restroom at that time.

The very easy, off the top of my head reply, is Sean May. He was a lock to IU and Knight made sure he didn’t go there. He also got a lot of big money donors to stop donating.

Considering Crean and Davis were fired, I would strongly disagree. While Sampson is a moron, he's a better coach than anybody that has ever coached at PU. PU would name their court after Mike Davis.
Purdue never would’ve hired Mike Davis, and IU shouldn’t have, either. He wasn’t qualified. And yes, IU would’ve locked up Painter with a long term deal if he had PU results as the Indiana coach.

That’s a stupid statement. He’s never been to a F4. He’s not winning the Big regularly. He’s not getting top level recruits. He’s in his 16th year and the last time he threatened to leave, he used Missouri as the program that was going to poach him. You’re unquestionably wrong with this hot take.
He’s won two of the last three BiG championships. He’d be at IU as long as he wanted with that level of performance. You don’t have a clue.

Purdue never would’ve hired Mike Davis, and IU shouldn’t have, either. He wasn’t qualified. And yes, IU would’ve locked up Painter with a long term deal if he had PU results as the Indiana coach.

IU didn’t “hire” Davis. He was the assistant on staff that benefited from the Peter principle. Stop making shit up

Lots of programs hired Knight assistants. Coach K was a Knight assistant. Spin it however you want, Mike Davis has been to a FF and Keady and Painter have not.

Painter's results wouldn't fly at IU: would have been fired a long, long time ago. Strongly disagree.

Lots of programs hired Knight assistants. Coach K was a Knight assistant. Spin it however you want, Mike Davis has been to a FF and Keady and Painter have not.

Painter's results wouldn't fly at IU: would have been fired a long, long time ago. Strongly disagree.
His results would’ve given him a long tenure at IU. I’m afraid you’re not familiar with the program or the University.

Hey Moran. Do you ever know what the Peter principle means?
You claimed IU didn’t hire Davis. That’s factually untrue. Whether he’s an example of the Peter Principle or something a bit more complex, your posts make clear your inability to comprehend what happened, and why, with him. You’re not doing much better with your football views, which are equally facile.

I wouldn’t agree with that based on Painter’s tenure. They might not make it this year but it’s easy to place their odds of being invited as well above IU’s. Based on your logic, that would mean IU cares even less. And maybe that’s true.

And next year the redshirting of 6-4Newman and 6-6 Gillis will make MP look even better as he adds Top 100 recruits 6-5Morton and 6-3 Ivey plus a 7-3, 285 project in Canadian Edey who is ahead of where Haas was when he arrived at Purdue. The only losses from this year’s team will be Proctor and Boudreaux.

You claimed IU didn’t hire Davis. That’s factually untrue. Whether he’s an example of the Peter Principle or something a bit more complex, your posts make clear your inability to comprehend what happened, and why, with him. You’re not doing much better with your football views, which are equally facile.

Again, you wildly miss the point. He was appointed HC. Not hired. Hiring assumes that there were multiple candidates and they all went through the process and he got hired. That’s not what happened. He was appointed as the interim HC, and then he was made the actual HC. He never went through the interview or hiring process.

Again, you wildly miss the point. He was appointed HC. Not hired. Hiring assumes that there were multiple candidates and they all went through the process and he got hired. That’s not what happened. He was appointed as the interim HC, and then he was made the actual HC. He never went through the interview or hiring process.
It assumes nothing of the sort. IU had every opportunity to consider others and they very likely did, but they chose to hire him on both an interim and permanent basis. You simply don’t have any facts to support your position, which is why you now look so incredibly ignorant. You’re doing no better in the football discussion, by the way. But I’m sure you had good parties when you were at IU. Lol

His results would’ve given him a long tenure at IU. I’m afraid you’re not familiar with the program or the University.
I'm very familiar, and I've provided evidence of two IU coaches that were fired and had better or similar results. Both of said coaches were also better at recruiting.

Bottom line: Painter would have been fired years ago at IU.

It assumes nothing of the sort. IU had every opportunity to consider others and they very likely did, but they chose to hire him on both an interim and permanent basis. You simply don’t have any facts to support your position, which is why you now look so incredibly ignorant. You’re doing no better in the football discussion, by the way. But I’m sure you had good parties when you were at IU. Lol

None of that is true. He had the players on his side and they scared the admin into giving him the job. He was never interviewed and hired through a normal process. He flourished with Knight’s players and then flamed out just as quickly. Being in tow with Cavanaugh is perfect for you. He hopes Romeo fails in the NBA. Do you hope that as well?

You are the one who was comparing Painter and PU to Ohio St., Wisky, and Sparty. You don't get to substitute NCAA success for head to head matchups. That is was PU fans do whenever Bob Knight and Keady are compared. Bob Knight won 3 championships, went undefeated, and coached MJ to an Olympic gold medal. But, remember when PU beat IU at Mackey that one time? Remember what I said about accepting mediocrity?

Wow, Painter has beat Izzo before. That is just as awesome as going to 7 FF's, winning an NCAA championship, and recruiting well. Take off the gold and black glasses, you are being ridiculous.

Malarkey. Your life must really suck. No. argument. needed. /thread

I'm very familiar, and I've provided evidence of two IU coaches that were fired and had better or similar results. Both of said coaches were also better at recruiting.

Bottom line: Painter would have been fired years ago at IU.
You’ve used one and only one metric to gauge results, absent any context, and people in positions of authority would have a far broader, more thoughtful and nuanced perspective than your simplified view. IU would take Painter’s results, and reward him handsomely, in a heartbeat.

He was the guy puking and shitting his pants at the same time :eek:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT