ADVERTISEMENT

POTUS says "open the economy back up on Easter"...

The herd immunity strategy has had a thinning the herd effect. Seems to me that POTUS' use of Easter as the timing for "opening up the economy" is designed to appeal to his base with evangelical Christians . . .

. . . here in Georgia the densest clusters of corona virus outbreaks are in rural counties and centered around church worship services. He might lose a good part of his base, either directly to corona virus or to a dislike of the results, with this strategy . . . .

Last edited:
Like he has any idea when it’s going to get better. I’m sure Dr. Fauci is face palming once again.

I’m not sure how many are actually taking Trump seriously at this point. I mean, the daily press conferences are basically a joke to see if those on the stage who are experts can get thru them without displaying over the top “Trump is insane” body language. He can’t golf, he can’t go to rallies, he can’t tweet his way out of this and it’s killing him.

Reactions: MaxCoke

Almost as bad as this...

There are some interesting studies and data points (see the French one I posted earlier), but who is this primary care physician to be prescribing this stuff and then spouting off like this saved the lives of all 350 people he used the product on? It's complete insanity and the right wing news outlets are running with it.

Reactions: MaxCoke
I think it's pure conjecture as we can't predict what this thing will look like in a month. that said, he will do everything within his power to force people back to work: wash your hands, wear a facemask, wear gloves, if you're over 60 stay home, if you have a diagnosed pre-existing condition that places you at greater risk stay home, close the office cafeterias, etc.

The herd immunity strategy has had a thinning the herd effect. Seems to me that POTUS' use of Easter as the timing for "opening up the economy" is designed to appeal to his base with evangelical Christians . . .

. . . here in Georgia the densest clusters of corona virus outbreaks are in rural counties and centered around church worship strategies. He might lose a good part of his base, either directly to corona virus or to dislike of the results, with this strategy . . . .
Ultimate irony?

Almost as bad as this...

There are some interesting studies and data points (see the French one I posted earlier), but who is this primary care physician to be prescribing this stuff and then spouting off like this saved the lives of all 350 people he used the product on? It's complete insanity and the right wing news outlets are running with it.
I’m guessing he practices medicine from a Russian troll farm.

Almost as bad as this...

What the hell is Trump's hang up with guys named Vladimir?

I’m guessing he practices medicine from a Russian troll farm.

Um... pretty sure he practices at Hogwarts if we are being honest

220px-RubeusHagrid.jpg

Almost as bad as this...

Dirtbag doctors are hoarding the stuff.

Katherine Rowland, a pharmacist in Oregon, wrote Sunday that a dentist tried to call in prescriptions for hydroxychloroquine "for himself, his wife & another couple (friends.). NOPE. I have patients with lupus that have been on HCQ for YEARS and now can't get it because it's on backorder."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/23/health/states-drug-stockpile-coronavirus/index.html

Dirtbag doctors are hoarding the stuff.

Katherine Rowland, a pharmacist in Oregon, wrote Sunday that a dentist tried to call in prescriptions for hydroxychloroquine "for himself, his wife & another couple (friends.). NOPE. I have patients with lupus that have been on HCQ for YEARS and now can't get it because it's on backorder."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/23/health/states-drug-stockpile-coronavirus/index.html
Like 400 dollar grocery runs leading to no tomato sauce, etc.. Some people only care about themselves.

Not a deadline but a goal. At some point you need to pivot toward getting this country back to work. Otherwise - a depression could take hold and misery will abound for years.

I think there is some logic to isolating the elderly and immunocompromised.

Not a deadline but a goal. At some point you need to pivot toward getting this country back to work. Otherwise - a depression could take hold and misery will abound for years.

In New York, people 18-44 make up 40% of the cases, the highest percent of any age bracket.

How is isolating the elderly and at risk people going to help when the young people are catching this too?

In New York, people 18-44 make up 40% of the cases, the highest percent of any age bracket.

How is isolating the elderly and at risk people going to help when the young people are catching this too?

But they aren't dying or nearly as likely to have severe hospitalization.

But they aren't dying or nearly as likely to have severe hospitalization.

They might not need to go to the hospital or are dying, but they are sick and will be home for a minimum or two weeks regardless.

My 35 year old sister, who is in perfect health and is a nurse, has had a 101 degree fever, has the dry cough and says her lungs feel like they are caving in, is waiting for her test results to come back after being tested on Monday for the virus. It will take 5-6 days she says to get the results back. If she's positive, she'll have to be in quarantine even after she feels better.

How many people did she come in contact before she was showing symptoms? She feels pretty strongly she got this at the hospital as she only worked, got off her shift, worked the coronavirus hotline and went home. Just because someone young abd arent showing symptoms early on doesn't mean they aren't carrying the virus.

Reactions: mainway_toys
They might not need to go to the hospital or are dying, but they are sick and will be home for a minimum or two weeks regardless.

My 35 year old sister, who is in perfect health and is a nurse, has had a 101 degree fever, has the dry cough and says her lungs feel like they are caving in, is waiting for her test results to come back after being tested on Monday for the virus. It will take 5-6 days she says to get the results back. If she's positive, she'll have to be in quarantine even after she feels better.

How many people did she come in contact before she was showing symptoms? She feels pretty strongly she got this at the hospital as she only worked, got off her shift, worked the coronavirus hotline and went home. Just because someone young abd arent showing symptoms early on doesn't mean they aren't carrying the virus.
That’s scary and still frustrating we have to wait so long. Keep us posted on her health.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
That’s scary and still frustrating we have to wait so long. Keep us posted on her health.

What's even more frustrating is she lives in Fort Wayne and had to drive to Roanoke to get tested. Why doesn't Fort Wayne have tests? That's just absolutely crazy to me.

Is she going to feel any better after she gets her test results?

What's even more frustrating is she lives in Fort Wayne and had to drive to Roanoke to get tested. Why doesn't Fort Wayne have tests? That's just absolutely crazy to me.

Is is odd that Allen County hasn’t registered a positive test yet.

The guy is walking a frigging tightrope, and frankly, is in a no-win situation. The Democrats will attack him if he opens it up too soon, or vice versa, will attack him if he shuts it down too long...It's a true no-win situation...

Trump knows his very best chance to win reelection, is to crank the economy up again and hope for the best.

Many people believe something is very fishy with this Wuhan Virus...........

The guy is walking a frigging tightrope, and frankly, is in a no-win situation. The Democrats will attack him if he opens it up too soon, or vice versa, will attack him if he shuts it down too long...It's a true no-win situation...

Trump knows his very best chance to win reelection, is to crank the economy up again and hope for the best.

Many people believe something is very fishy with this Wuhan Virus...........

You could also argue Trump is in a no-lose situation. If things do dramatically improve by Easter he will be able to say “told you so”, the Dems tried to make it look worse to harm me, I knew it wasn’t as dangerous as others were saying because of the genes I inherited from my MIT uncle, etc.
If things don’t improve he will claim he never said what he said on live tv, Fox will back his denial and the Fox machinery will say that the Dems are disgustingly politicizing the situation.

Listening to the advice of a politician on a virtually previously unknown virus attack is about like going to your stock broker for medical advice.

Reactions: DCDAVID

It can't be a "goal" to arbitrarily pick a day and say this is the date that I'd like to see the restrictions start to be lifted, without first knowing things like (1) who actually has the corona virus right now (2) all the ways it can be spread, (3) how long will the virus thrive in the air and on various types of surfaces and under a variety of other conditions, (4)
the incubation period, (5) how long it takes corona survivors to recover to the point that they are definitely no longer capable of spreading it and how to tell for sure that they are no longer infectious, (6) whether or not those who recover from it have permanent immunity (like measles) to prevent their catching it again, and probably a lot of other questions presently unanswered. We just don't have a track record with this virus to know exactly how to deal with it.

So, Trump's Easter comment is just an arbitrary date, not a true goal capable of being pursued ... unless of course you just abandon any idea of helping the populace get healthy again in order to point to the economy as a campaign platform. #MAHA.

I wish a reporter would have asked him why we need a 2 trillion dollar stimulus package if things are going to be up and running in 2 1/2 weeks.
Now that's a nasty question and you would be a horrible reporter to ask it (just like Trump said the other day).

Reactions: Bill4411

I hope your sister is ok. The medical community could obviously use her.

Nothing you said disagrees with my statement that NONE of NY's deaths have been in the 18-44 age range. I'm sure there will be some, based on principles of statistics, but the large majority of people in that age range are not required to be hospitalized. To your point, many are asymptomatic or have such mild symptoms they wouldn't have thought to get tested.

That's why we were talking about the concept of needing to particularly protect those susceptible to corona vs. those less so.

I wish a reporter would have asked him why we need a 2 trillion dollar stimulus package if things are going to be up and running in 2 1/2 weeks.
I'd also like someone to ask Republicans how they intend to pay for it... If only to hear one of them say "By cutting taxes" out loud.

Come to think of it, I'd also like to hear someone ask Trump if he remembers the phrase "Government Motors".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT