Aaron Steinfdt TE

Reactions: vesuvius13
24-7 list of IU players in the Portal with no home yet

Anthony Jones Edge
Jaquez Smith WR
Julian Kameristy DL
Jared Casey LB
Aaron Steinfdt TE
Kameristy (Preferred Walk On) was listed on the updated Roster (I believe) so he must have decided to stay (and been allowed to).. Jones was headed to Oregon State at one point (don't know what happened there)... The other two may be trapped in the Portal Vortex, never to be seen again... (that DrPepper commercial is one of my favorites...).

Last edited:
Jones committed and then decommitted to Oregon State citing “mental health and personal reasons.”

Oregon State was nearly going to be his 4th school in 4 years.
He was committed to Texas as a hard commit in 2021 then flipped to Oregon just a couple days in December 2021 before signing day for the 2022 class Then IU. The Oregon State. Now 100% open.
My guess is he ends up out West, maybe UNLV as that is close to home.

Jones committed and then decommitted to Oregon State citing “mental health and personal reasons.”

Oregon State was nearly going to be his 4th school in 4 years.
He was committed to Texas as a hard commit in 2021 then flipped to Oregon just a couple days in December 2021 before signing day for the 2022 class Then IU. The Oregon State. Now 100% open.
My guess is he ends up out West, maybe UNLV as that is close to home.
I’d think showing up on a new campus every fall probably is tough on your mental health. Unintended consequences of the new age in college sports.

There is something to be said about sticking with your decision instead of looking for greener grass on every time things don't go your way.

He was “100% committed to Sarkisian and Texas” for 6 months and said his recruitment was shut down and “to respect my decision.”
Then he flipped a mere few days before signing with Oregon. Didn’t play much there. Transferred to IU. Sat behind others and played in spots. Seems like expectations that may not have aligned with reality for the kid.

Reactions: red hornet
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT