ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana Hoosiers Carry a Lot of Optimism In Early Big Ten Rankings:

red hornet

Junior
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2019
By Ryan Roberts College Sports Wire

"Former JMU HC Curt Cignetti took over this offseason, igniting a lot of optimism with the Hoosiers. It might take some time for the offense to mesh but they brought in some very talented players, including QB Kurtis Burke, WR Elijah Sarrett. TE Zach Horton, OT Trey Wedig, OG Nick Kidwell. The staff was also able to convince WR Donaven McCulley & OT Carter Smith to remain with the team & not transfer.
On defense, there are some additions thru the portal as well but there is less optimism over a quick turnaround. It's unclear just how good Indiana will be this season but there is more optimism in Bloomington than there has been for several years"

He has IU ranked 12th out of 18 Big Ten teams, with OSU, Oregon, Michigan & PSU at 1-2-3-4.

Not surprised for some optimism. IU lost a lot of close games the past few years and most can probably be attributed to coaching vs talent. I always felt IU had the talent but questionable coaching decisions hurt. CCC has a reputation of winning those close games so just simply doing that should give IU fans some hope.

With QB play being critical to success, Indiana should be in good shape with the transfer, Rourke!! There's obviously big play people at WR and a good QB to get them the ball.

There's actually a bunch of reasons to feel optimistic; the schedule appears to help, too!

With QB play being critical to success, Indiana should be in good shape with the transfer, Rourke!! There's obviously big play people at WR and a good QB to get them the ball.

There's actually a bunch of reasons to feel optimistic; the schedule appears to help, too!

I'm curious on if Tayvon makes a jump forward under Coach T and Coach Shanahan.

People are hard on him for good reason, but let's remember that he has basically had three offenses in his two college seasons, with his only year in a consistent offense being his true freshman year.

Stability should be a good thing for him.

People are hard on him for good reason, but let's remember that he has basically had three offenses in his two college seasons, with his only year in a consistent offense being his true freshman year.

Every one of our QBs will improve and we will see who rises to the top this year.

By Ryan Roberts College Sports Wire

"Former JMU HC Curt Cignetti took over this offseason, igniting a lot of optimism with the Hoosiers. It might take some time for the offense to mesh but they brought in some very talented players, including QB Kurtis Burke, WR Elijah Sarrett. TE Zach Horton, OT Trey Wedig, OG Nick Kidwell. The staff was also able to convince WR Donaven McCulley & OT Carter Smith to remain with the team & not transfer.
On defense, there are some additions thru the portal as well but there is less optimism over a quick turnaround. It's unclear just how good Indiana will be this season but there is more optimism in Bloomington than there has been for several years"

He has IU ranked 12th out of 18 Big Ten teams, with OSU, Oregon, Michigan & PSU at 1-2-3-4.
So who does he have ranked 13-18?

I agree. NFL guys are always talking about landing in the perfect spot for a player.

I've always liked tayvon. The kids got talent. Just needs better coaching. Looks like he going to get it now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT