ADVERTISEMENT

An NIL What If ....

iubhounds

All-American
Feb 15, 2002
I mentioned this earlier this morning and didn't think it would work but the more I think about it ... makes me wonder. Here is a WILD NIL strategy.

Screw the NIL .... recruit HS players year after year and develop those players who decide to stay all 4 years ie: Casey. Know that your best players playing as Freshmen will be gone to the highest $$ bidder after one year, keep recruiting HS players and JC transfers like the old days.

I know ... crazy as hell in todays CFB environment ... but can IU do much worse?

Last year their Portal Transfer class was ranked #15 and they win one game less than 2022. Colorado did the massive portal transfers this year and won a total of 4 games. Let's say the FB gods really do hate IUFB and IU will never be more than what they have been for a 100 years ... 3-4 wins per year, an occasional meteor where they win 7-8 games. Still no money spent on NIL.

Fundraise for facility improvements and recruiting budget, coaching staff salaries instead of paying players.

I KNOW ... Wild as hell ... but what if ... ????

Reactions: vesuvius13
I mentioned this earlier this morning and didn't think it would work but the more I think about it ... makes me wonder. Here is a WILD NIL strategy.

Screw the NIL .... recruit HS players year after year and develop those players who decide to stay all 4 years ie: Casey. Know that your best players playing as Freshmen will be gone to the highest $$ bidder after one year, keep recruiting HS players and JC transfers like the old days.

I know ... crazy as hell in todays CFB environment ... but can IU do much worse?

Last year their Portal Transfer class was ranked #15 and they win one game less than 2022. Colorado did the massive portal transfers this year and won a total of 4 games. Let's say the FB gods really do hate IUFB and IU will never be more than what they have been for a 100 years ... 3-4 wins per year, an occasional meteor where they win 7-8 games. Still no money spent on NIL.

Fundraise for facility improvements and recruiting budget, coaching staff salaries instead of paying players.

I really don't see how that would work. We will already be getting lower end hs recruits compared to other big ten programs. And then if we lose any diamonds in the rough that we are lucky enough to land and start over with another hs recruit, we are just asking to pile up losses.

Might as well ask other colleges to pay us to be their feeder program and whipping boy.

I'd rather just go with the fill the entire team with transfers strategy and let other schools feed us players. You play well in the MAC, then you can transfer to IU would likely work better.

Reactions: vesuvius13

We need a dislike option

And if your Aunt had a dick, she'd be your Uncle...

Reactions: iubhounds
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT