ADVERTISEMENT

Plain and Simple

Kyser123

Sophomore
Feb 16, 2019
Either IU wants to be a top program again or it doesn’t. All the back and forth is useless. Look at the results over the past 15 years. Our administration and fans allow for it to continually happen. And all the “rebuild” talk is ridiculous. People like to act like we’ve been through the death penalty or something. This isn’t only a CAM problem. But he’s showing no signs of bringing Indiana back to prominence. There are people on here who actually think finishing in the middle of the B10 is acceptable , which tells me they know little about IU basketball ball.

Reactions: NoVertical
If we want to be a top program we should start acting like it. As I’ve stated before , real top programs would not put up with what IU has for the last 15 years. And if we’re not, then we need to stop acting like we’re something special , because we’re not. Butler is a better program than us now.

Big problem is ..Folks like us on message boards dont have the power to do anything about it.
It's all about the people in powerful positions who run the athletic department .Who they hire and fire.
How close are they willing to push the envelope of recruiting violations..And so forth..
Not to make this long..I guess you should be a fan of another team ..It is what it is..
I've been a fan since 1975..
I'll be rooting for them Tuesday in New York City.

I agree - but my point is that we need to stop acting like we’re still the top tier IU because we’re not. If we are ok with the Crean and Miller results , fine , but accept it and be happy. I choose not to and will probably stop watching. Because it just doesn’t resemble the IU hoops I use to know.

Reactions: debtslave
I agree - but my point is that we need to stop acting like we’re still the top tier IU because we’re not. If we are ok with the Crean and Miller results , fine , but accept it and be happy. I choose not to and will probably stop watching. Because it just doesn’t resemble the IU hoops I use to know.
No sure anybody was OK with the Crean results. He had a few promising moments, but was shown the door to the joy of most everybody here. CAM is still TBD. He is doing the right thing recruiting Indiana hard and is bringing in some great young recruits. Can he build a team execute consistently at a very high level? TBD... And he better hurry, because there is no guarantee he will get another season, though I think he will as long as this season doesn’t turn to disaster.

All entertainment is controlled. The firing of Bob Knight and the downfall of IU hoops has been by their design. A controlled demolition. IU will never be what it was. Its time to move on.

Reactions: Deli owl
After Knight IU has been a comedy of errors.
The coach is the program.

All entertainment is controlled. The firing of Bob Knight and the downfall of IU hoops has been by their design. A controlled demolition. IU will never be what it was. Its time to move on.
I agree we will never be What we once were. We likely are a middle of the pack big ten team forever. I just hope we can make the tourney 75% of the time.

I agree we will never be What we once were. We likely are a middle of the pack big ten team forever. I just hope we can make the tourney 75% of the time.
We are not top tier and likely never will be again. The admins and their terrible decisions have made that possible. And even if we fired Miller I guarantee they would mess it up again. Fred would find the next up and comes not a big name

Top players. Or a top staff. One or the other. Top players with decent coaching can give you a opportunity to win regularly. A top notch staff can create a culture and system decent players can be successful in.

Good luck with that.

You know how many IU posters went out of their way to talk shyt about purdue losing to a good nationally ranked fsu team at basically fsu's home, closely in overtime... after IU beat them?

But then we travel to Wisconsin and get blown out of the gym, who is probably a school in the 125+ range.

So cringe

Good luck with that.

You know how many IU posters went out of their way to talk shyt about purdue losing to a good nationally ranked fsu team at basically fsu's home, closely in overtime... after IU beat them?

But then we travel to Wisconsin and get blown out of the gym, who is probably a school in the 125+ range.

So cringe
Wisconsin 125+ range? What does that mean? Kenpom has them #48.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
Doom and gloom are all I have been reading on this board.
Is there a solution to the problem? One option is out; I am afraid. RMK is not coming back. How old is he anyway?

No sure anybody was OK with the Crean results. He had a few promising moments, but was shown the door to the joy of most everybody here. CAM is still TBD. He is doing the right thing recruiting Indiana hard and is bringing in some great young recruits. Can he build a team execute consistently at a very high level? TBD... And he better hurry, because there is no guarantee he will get another season, though I think he will as long as this season doesn’t turn to disaster.

This is such a bunch of malarkey. Take off your tin foil hat. They have poorly handled the last 15 years but to think anyone set out to sabotage it is rediculous.

Doom and gloom are all I have been reading on this board.
Is there a solution to the problem? One option is out; I am afraid. RMK is not coming back. How old is he anyway?
Not an enlightened solution. Just ride out the rest of this year and hope we have a good season and recruiting goes well. The worst to me is mediocrity: a guy who does just well enough to not be able to justify firing him but you know he’ll never be capable of winning it all.

Reactions: meridian
IU is satisfied with the return on investment on the program that they don’t see the need to spend more money. McRobby is pleased w the $$ rolling in from the big ten network.

McRobbie is an Aussie, he does not share Hoosier Basketball culture. Money means more than wins and losses to him.
Yeah he sucks. his little pet projects do little to advance the school as a whole. the entire university continues to slip in rankings under his leadership, including the law school, for which i'm an alum. the iu administration leaves a lot to be desired over the last 20 plus years. and i know the us news rankings and all that are arbitrary but sadly they matter, and they matter as to perception and perception causes kids with higher credentials to look elsewhere. iu today is very different than what iu was in the 80s and 90s and prior.

Last edited:
Yeah he sucks. his little pet projects do little to advance the school as a whole. the entire university continues to slip in rankings under his leadership, including the law school, for which i'm an alum. the iu administration leaves a lot to be desired over the last 20 plus years. and i know the us news rankings and all that are arbitrary but sadly they matter, and they matter as to perception and perception causes kids with higher credentials to look elsewhere. iu today is very different than what iu was in the 80s and prior.

The B-School has 10X the reputation now compared to the 80’s, and since we don’t have an engineering school that’s really the only school that matters. The rest is filler.

The B-School has 10X the reputation now compared to the 80’s, and since we don’t have an engineering school that’s really the only school that matters. The rest is filler.
I would take issue with "that's really the only school that matters" but i do know spea and many other programs like music blah blah blah are very highly regarded still, which is a great thing. And I'm happy to hear that kelley is doing well in the rankings. unfortunately under his stewardship the university as a whole has dipped to at or near the bottom of the big ten in rankings. sucks that the rankings matter but they do.

Reactions: JIMSHAM
After Knight IU has been a comedy of errors.
The coach is the program.
The problem is hiring a new coach is not an exact science. Each job is unique and what made a coach successful at a prior job does not ensure success at a new one. Also, much has changed in the game since Knight beyond just the coach. The final few years under Knight would not satisfy many on this board.

The problem is hiring a new coach is not an exact science. Each job is unique and what made a coach successful at a prior job does not ensure success at a new one. Also, much has changed in the game since Knight beyond just the coach. The final few years under Knight would not satisfy many on this board.
For sure re coaches. I think miller has been awful, but it's not like there's some coach waiting in the wings that's a sure thing. that's why it would obviously be so great if miller found his wings this season and found success at iu.

Reactions: cryano

We are not top tier and likely never will be again. The admins and their terrible decisions have made that possible. And even if we fired Miller I guarantee they would mess it up again. Fred would find the next up and comes not a big name

Oh the irony. IU beat Wisconsin 31 times in a row. I can just imagine their frustration. Low and behold, 24 years later IU fans wonder if IU will ever beat Wisconsin again.

Oh, right, you didn't say that, because I'm sure you would have been upset about a 9-0 start too.

For sure re coaches. I think miller has been awful, but it's not like there's some coach waiting in the wings that's a sure thing. that's why it would obviously be so great if miller found his wings this season and found success at iu.

I heard John Beilein is looking for a job

Harharharhahahaa...

Like I said I wasn't shocked we lost to Wisconsin but by 20 that's not acceptable. If we can't win 20 and get to the tournament Archie should be out and we should hire a proven coach spend the money glass.

Like I said I wasn't shocked we lost to Wisconsin but by 20 that's not acceptable. If we can't win 20 and get to the tournament Archie should be out and we should hire a proven coach spend the money glass.

Glass needs to let Archie know what the new acceptable score parameters are going to be ASAP. you'll forget all about THE WORST DAY EVAR if IU makes the tourney.

Reactions: JIMSHAM
McRobbie is an Aussie, he does not share Hoosier Basketball culture. Money means more than wins and losses to him.

eh -- most university presidents didn't go to the schools they run. they are bureaucrats and dorks.

we ponied up good $ for an OC and maybe hired the right HC in FB. we pay good salaries in basketball and put money into it. we've got a year to two to figure out Archie or then we'll pay good money to the next guy.

it just seems like we're creating bogeymen here. one 20-point turd loss @ wisconsin and now we want to burn down the university. yikes.

Glass needs to let Archie know what the new acceptable score parameters are going to be ASAP. you'll forget all about THE WORST DAY EVAR if IU makes the tourney.

If you read my "stat of the day_9" you would see that losing by 20 to an unranked team is actually quite concerning. Other than with Crean, it doesn't happen at IU very often, and Miller certainly doesn't want to keep company with Crean in the record books.

The simple point: complete lack of preparation and motivation to play. Bad sign.

Our best hire coaching wise since knight was sampson period. Obviously the other stuff sunk him but as a coach with x and o's it was him. Looking back we could of had beilein instead and we all would probably be mostly happy now. But iu just cant seem to make the right hires. Now we have a wildcard coach. A mid major guy whom so far hasn't been impressive imo. But we have put ourselves in a situation where likely all we would get again is another mid major coach if we fired him. It is what it is.

Reactions: cryano
Losing by 20 should be such a rarity at Indiana its both mind boggling and frustrating that we have IU followers these days who fail to see the severity of problem in that
Just wait til last game of B1G. IU will return the favor to Wiscy. First game on road was expected. The season isn’t over yet Lordy. Not like we’ve lost 12/13 lol. IU will be fine. 11-9 Big, 5th place 22-11 goto NCAA. Lose in 2nd RD. Next year get 24+ wins.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
It's not just that we lost it's how we lost, we didn't even compete. We'll see how they respond in New York, that is now a must win.
I don't see many road wins in the B1G.
.500 B1G record should get IU to the postseason, NIT or NCAA.
Us the IU Football model now.
Schedule wins in the pre-B1G season so that you can play in the postseason.
Too many losses on the road in the B1G

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT