ADVERTISEMENT

Perfect example why Trump won't win...

I think most blacks of a certain age know pretty well what discrimination looks like, no matter where they live.

I agree all situations aren't alike, but being black in America is not the same as being white, at least at the time these people were growing up.
Is it discrimination or is it someone being a dick to person with black skin? Because those things can be easily conflated and often are.

Is it discrimination or is it someone being a dick to person with black skin? Because those things can be easily conflated and often are.
A rose by any other name.....

If someone is being a dick to someone because they're black, it's discrimination.

Reactions: BradStevens
Danc, I get what you are trying to say, but your post is literally the equivalent of Biden's "If you don't vote for me you ain't Black!" which you have (rightfully) derided in the past.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
I think most blacks of a certain age know pretty well what discrimination looks like, no matter where they live.

I agree all situations aren't alike, but being black in America is not the same as being white, at least at the time these people were growing up.
Racism and bigotry exists in Canada too. They just apologize for it better. :)

• Haha
Reactions: UncleMark and DANC
A rose by any other name.....

If someone is being a dick to someone because they're black, it's discrimination.
My point is that the black people who have experienced true discrimination are dwindling in number and those that have, experienced it many decades ago. We’ve gone off on a tangent but suffice to say black people in 2024 are not bonded together because they all experience racial discrimination.

Talking about them as a monolith the same way we talk about Mexicans, Venezuelans, Hondurans, El Salvadorans as “Hispanics” is god damn stupid. They all share nothing in common other than a skin shade.

Do you have kids? Just trying to figure out whether you should be allowed to vote.
No children, but I’m not averse to barring childless/ unmarried people from voting. Although preferably, we would revert back property owners only having the vote as they actually have skin in the game.

That’s not what Vance said however, and you know that. Which is why you’re a piece of crap.

Danc, I get what you are trying to say, but your post is literally the equivalent of Biden's "If you don't vote for me you ain't Black!" which you have (rightfully) derided in the past.
Sorry, I don't see that at all. I'm not telling anyone to vote a certain way because of skin color like Biden did.

No children, but I’m not averse to barring childless/ unmarried people from voting. Although preferably, we would revert back property owners only having the vote as they actually have skin in the game.

That’s not what Vance said however, and you know that. Which is why you’re a piece of crap.
Totally wrong. I'm a piece of crap for completely different reasons, but unlike you I don't proudly post them here for all to see. ;)

My point is that the black people who have experienced true discrimination are dwindling in number and those that have, experienced it many decades ago. We’ve gone off on a tangent but suffice to say black people in 2024 are not bonded together because they all experience racial discrimination.

Talking about them as a monolith the same way we talk about Mexicans, Venezuelans, Hondurans, El Salvadorans as “Hispanics” is god damn stupid. They all share nothing in common other than a skin shade.
That's why I made sure to include 'of a certain age' in my post.

And I never said they are a monolith. But the nationalities you describe all have certain life experiences based on their nationality.

Just a fact.

They aren't monolithic. At all.

But they have broad commonalities: how they are treated, or how they perceive that they are treated, in this country by others (mostly white people). Now, whether that treatment or perception demands epistemic superiority of their condition or whether it should provide them with cultural or political deference or benefits, is another question entirely.

Reactions: DANC
Tell it to a Biden fan. I'm not one. Just a "facts first" fan and the fact is that DJT's father was, like his son, a piece of work in many ways.
I thought you had me on ignore? Or was that another of your lies?

Trump was gifted $480M about 40 years ago. Go tell all his super fans that they have nothing in common with him.

Trump was gifted $480M about 40 years ago. Go tell all his super fans that they have nothing in common with him.
I don't remember him ever claiming he is anything other than rich. He doesn't adapt his speech, depending what audience he's addressing.

Damn, I have to remember NOT to click on "show ignored content"...

even though half the threads on here don't show up when I don't, since sometimes even morons will start a thread on something interesting.

But life was better not reading Dancshit posts.
You read every one of my posts. You're fooling no one.

Do you consider Hawaii a typical American state, knowing that it wasn't even a state until shortly before Obama was born? Maybe read a book that describes the cultural differences between Indonesia, Hawaii, and the rest of the US.

Kamala spent her teenage years in Canada in. Ask any dad if Jr High and High School and Freshman year of college affects their daughter. Those are prime formative years.

For your reading pleasure:

Neither Obama nor Harris had a typical American 'black' experience - that much should be obvious and I'm amused at anyone who tries to claim otherwise.
I think this all started with Trump saying she used to identify only as Indian, not black. That’s a load of bullshit. And I never said she or Obama had a typical American black upbringing. However, I do say she obviously identified with her black side, hence she chose to attend a HBCU.

I think this all started with Trump saying she used to identify only as Indian, not black. That’s a load of bullshit. And I never said she or Obama had a typical American black upbringing. However, I do say she obviously identified with her black side, hence she chose to attend a HBCU.
I do think the Howard choice is telling. Had she gone to Ohio Wesleyan - bitch come on

She's multi racial ... she can identify as whatever she wants, whenever she wants and there's nothing wrong with it. The ones bitching identify TJD, Jason Kidd, Obama or anyone else with the taint of dark skin and curlier hair .. as black.. Now they want to nitpick and identify Kamala as Indian parroting their cult leader and claim her not being raised in the ghetto and having a 'black experience' doesn't make her black. I love how an old fat white guy has the audacity and ignorance to define what the black experience is. ... *eyeroll*

And they wonder why people think they're f*cking weird. Because they're f*cking weird.

Reactions: outside shooter
She's multi racial ... she can identify as whatever she wants, whenever she wants and there's nothing wrong with it. The ones bitching identify TJD, Jason Kidd, Obama or anyone else with the taint of dark skin and curlier hair .. as black.. Now they want to nitpick and identify Kamala as Indian parroting their cult leader and claims her not being raised in the ghetto and having a 'black experience' doesn't make her black. I love how an old white guy has the audacity to define what the black experience is. ... *eyeroll*

And they wonder why people think they're f*cking weird.
Eh it’s opportunistic and disingenuous when it fluctuates to suit circumstance/setting. And some of us old white guys have lived much closer to, assisted with programs designed to elevate, and represented the “black experience” in criminal courts, drug courts, and family courts. You’re espousing the same you’re judging, while doing so far removed from the black experience. Hypocrisy and irony wrapped in the same bow. Well done. Kamala Harris ain’t cori bush.

Last edited:
Sorry, I don't see that at all. I'm not telling anyone to vote a certain way because of skin color like Biden did.
This whole tangent is predicated on you saying that Harris can't claim black heritage because she spent her formative years in Canada.

Biden: If you don't vote for me, you ain't black.

Danc (paraphrasing): If you grew up in Canada, you ain't black.

You don't see the parallel?

Go ahead. You disproved nothing I posted.

Neither Obama or Harris have much in common with American blacks, both growing up in foreign countries.

It's not my definition of blackness - go ask any African-American if they think either shared life experience with them.
Republicans: "Identity politics are evil!"

Also Republicans: "Let me explain why black Democrats aren't authentically black."

Eh it’s opportunistic and disingenuous when it fluctuates to suit circumstance/setting. And some of us old white guys have lived much closer to, assisted with programs designed to elevate, and represented the “black experience” in criminal courts, drug courts, and family courts. You’re espousing the same you’re judging, while doing so far removed from the black experience. Hypocrisy and irony wrapped in the same bow. Well done. Kamala Harris ain’t cori bush.
It doesn't fluctuate. She's long embraced both her black and Indian ancestry. The only people who believe it fluctuates are idiots who swallow right wing talking points like it's Trump's ejaculate.

Harris fluctuates on a lot of things for political expediency. I'm not sure she truly believes anything, to be honest. But don't fall for these dumb bullshit memes.

It doesn't fluctuate. She's long embraced both her black and Indian ancestry. The only people who believe it fluctuates are idiots who swallow right wing talking points like it's Trump's ejaculate.

Harris fluctuates on a lot of things for political expediency. I'm not sure she truly believes anything, to be honest. But don't fall for these dumb bullshit memes.
Or she went she changes accents for the audience etc. I stand by what I said

• Haha
Reactions: Bowlmania
I absolutely do. She’ll knowingly lie about topics, feign accents to comport with her accent (countless videos of same), bang the right people to ascend. To her credit. But it’s not genuine. She’s not genuine.
Nah, you are being only as honest and genuine here as she is. You're coaching. I get it. Trying to support your team, even though they are currently fascinated with a losing strategy. You've got time to fix their problems, so you're letting them just get it out of their systems.

Nah, you are being only as honest and genuine here as she is. You're coaching. I get it. Trying to support your team, even though they are currently fascinated with a losing strategy. You've got time to fix their problems, so you're letting them just get it out of their systems.
Don’t tell me what I’m being. I’m telling you. Watch the videos. She’s a shape shifter. You’re trying to deflect from reality. She’s as phony as it gets. Her experience bears no resemblance to disenfranchised blacks. She can relate no more than a lawyer from ft Wayne. The only time she adopts that character is when it fits her needs. Don’t be naive

Reactions: indy1203 and DANC
Don’t tell me what I’m being. I’m telling you. Watch the videos. She’s a shape shifter. You’re trying to deflect from reality. She’s as phony as it gets. Her experience bears no resemblance to disenfranchised blacks. She can relate no more than a lawyer from ft Wayne. The only time she adopts that character is when it fits her needs. Don’t be naive
I've been calling her phony since before you knew who she was, so don't lecture me. But this whole "she just started pretending to be black recently" thing is below you. Do better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT