ADVERTISEMENT

Pearl on gameday.

I dont see him leaving Auburn. Can’t imagine why he would.
I get your point we stink and he may not want to deal with a year of rebuild or whatever our admin does that makes it hard to win here. Could be right, we have had coaches pass.

But we have more NIL, bigger budget for bball, top dawg at IU and the state vs second fiddle to football, more national exposure, bigger fanbase, great home games. Making a tourney run at IU is just a much more exciting and bigger deal.

You have to convince him (Dolson and Pam’s job), but for as much as we stink we’re still big and can be good. Just offering up some optimism for once.

He's south of the border drinking cerveza and tequila. I texted the Trilly news a couple of days ago and got:
"Bruce ain't leaving AU at this stage. I'd love it if he did"
Good intel. It would take a great pitch from Dolson and Pam and others, but I think it’s possible. He’s at Auburn and we are still IU.

Some old baggage too.

I would've loved if we grabbed him sooner. But Indiana didn't. Why would anyone think he'd be on the Indiana radar at all now?

Reactions: Bucket Getter
I get your point we stink and he may not want to deal with a year of rebuild or whatever our admin does that makes it hard to win here. Could be right, we have had coaches pass.

But we have more NIL, bigger budget for bball, top dawg at IU and the state vs second fiddle to football, more national exposure, bigger fanbase, great home games. Making a tourney run at IU is just a much more exciting and bigger deal.

You have to convince him (Dolson and Pam’s job), but for as much as we stink we’re still big and can be good. Just offering up some optimism for once.
Love the optimism.
Too familiar with the myopia.

The high level, proven commodity outside world looks at this shit show and doesn’t feel compelled to fix it. Not worth the headache.

Money can buy everything.

If it could — we’d be fixed.

Start with a younger, good coach and get the culture back. Not as fast as people want it- but it can be gotten back.

Just not bought back.

Love the optimism.
Too familiar with the myopia.

The high level, proven commodity outside world looks at this shit show and doesn’t feel compelled to fix it. Not worth the headache.

Money can buy everything.

If it could — we’d be fixed.

Start with a younger, good coach and get the culture back. Not as fast as people want it- but it can be gotten back.

Just not bought back.
With the portal, by year two things can be turned around. Pre-portal was 3-4 years.

A lot of it is this pitch to the coach.

There is no reason IU can’t be very good again. We have every advantage over a place like Auburn, we just need to right person. Since we haven’t found the right person, we haven’t fixed it.

Last edited:
Quinn-Buckner.jpg

Fuc#ing Coc$ Block!!!

I've tried to post this before and get blasted. But no good coach is coming to IU - the word is out that coaches aren't supported by the administration. Or at least the culture at that level is cold.
How so. Woody won one tourney game two years and got a $1M raise. He’s top-10 paid coach in the country.

He’s got the top-5 or so NIL, huge AD budget for bball, leading attendance in the B1G despite the results, a crowd advantage in NYC, and a great crowd in ATL.

Sorry you’re wrong.

In reality it's probably key to getting a whole lot of top level coaches. Do you want to go somewhere where the school would have your back? Or where the school who would be first to stab you there?
What coaches has Indiana ever turned in for minor violations?

(Certainly not the one who's violations led to a 'show cause' penalty. That wouldn't be minor.)

Reactions: GThomas
He's taylor made for Auburn. Not happening. If he was at Indiana, makes FF in 2019 and nothing notable for 4 years then he would've gotten fired. He knows this.

• Haha
Reactions: kkott
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT