ADVERTISEMENT

Pearl on gameday.

Woodson is 27-29 in the B1G since he's been here. He's averaging about 10 losses in conference a year alone....and winning less games.

Exactly, it’s not age at all. Calipari is Woody’s age, can’t stand the dude but look at his passion and energy!

Please don’t mistake that for a positive comment about Calipari, I really don’t like him.
I cannot believe anyone would not want pearl after all of our disaster hires. He has way more fire than woodson did at 63 and he does not need to be here 15 years. Six years and get us winning big again and pass the torch. He would be our best coach since Sampson.

I cannot believe anyone would not want pearl after all of our disaster hires. He has way more fire than woodson did at 63 and he does not need to be here 15 years. Six years and get us winning big again and pass the torch. He would be our best coach since Sampson.
Damn dude. Please don’t use that last sentence as some type of high praise. It’s obviously true, but not a high bar of accomplishment. 😂

I dont see him leaving Auburn. Can’t imagine why he would.
He’s not winning championships at Auburn. He could win championships at Indiana.
Pearl is too old. If you want to be right back where we are now in 3-5 years, hire an old man.
I don’t get where people think you can’t coach into your mid 70’s. I think Bruce Pearl can coach 7-10 years at least. If he wants to.

Let's go over the numbers. Bruce Pearl's salary is $5.65 million. He is well over $7 million with everything added together. He has a lifetime contract, basically a year is added after every season. I would imagine his buyout is at least 2 years, so say $11 mil. His son is making close to a million, huge money for an assistant. Go on the Auburn basketball site, he has a support staff of 13 people (roughly). To make a change from Woody to Pearl, you are talking $25 million on the short side before you pay your new staff $1. I could keep going... he will never leave Auburn.

Reactions: GeddyHoosier
Let's go over the numbers. Bruce Pearl's salary is $5.65 million. He is well over $7 million with everything added together. He has a lifetime contract, basically a year is added after every season. I would imagine his buyout is at least 2 years, so say $11 mil. His son is making close to a million, huge money for an assistant. Go on the Auburn basketball site, he has a support staff of 13 people (roughly). To make a change from Woody to Pearl, you are talking $25 million on the short side before you pay your new staff $1. I could keep going... he will never leave Auburn.
If he cares about being at a basketball school, he’ll leave. Not as fun being a distant distant distant 2nd fiddle. He’ll get the same or more if he comes here.

There is no search right now so it doesn’t matter.

His buyout is less than Woodys. It’s 8.5 while woody is 12.6.

Pearl committed career suicide and Auburn gave him a chance at redemption. Even greasy Pearl understands he'd need their blessing to leave. Or else he is greasier than he already is.

Pearl committed career suicide and Auburn gave him a chance at redemption. Even greasy Pearl understands he'd need their blessing to leave. Or else he is greasier than he already is.
rick injury GIF

Reactions: hookyIU1990
And you're doing this research on your rival's non-existent coaching opening why? Nevermind, we all know why. (Snicker).

Let's go over the numbers. Bruce Pearl's salary is $5.65 million. He is well over $7 million with everything added together. He has a lifetime contract, basically a year is added after every season. I would imagine his buyout is at least 2 years, so say $11 mil. His son is making close to a million, huge money for an assistant. Go on the Auburn basketball site, he has a support staff of 13 people (roughly). To make a change from Woody to Pearl, you are talking $25 million on the short side before you pay your new staff $1. I could keep going,
And you're doing this research on your rival's non-existent coaching opening why? Nevermind, we all know why. (Snicker).
I just like to mock the uneducated wishes that is (as a whole) this board. As for a non-existent opening, you guys are the geniuses that feel the need to replace your coach like the tires on your car.

• Haha
Reactions: kkott
Let's go over the numbers. Bruce Pearl's salary is $5.65 million. He is well over $7 million with everything added together. He has a lifetime contract, basically a year is added after every season. I would imagine his buyout is at least 2 years, so say $11 mil. His son is making close to a million, huge money for an assistant. Go on the Auburn basketball site, he has a support staff of 13 people (roughly). To make a change from Woody to Pearl, you are talking $25 million on the short side before you pay your new staff $1. I could keep going,

I just like to mock the uneducated wishes that is (as a whole) this board. As for a non-existent opening, you guys are the geniuses that feel the need to replace your coach like the tires on your car.
No, you just bring made up personal opinions because you’ve got a bit of an IU obsession.

If we want him we'll get him. Guaranteed. Feelers are out.
I find this extremely hard to believe. Sorry, but I doubt keyboard warriors on this forum have more inside info than everyone else. IU hasn't contacted anyone.

Pearl wants his son to take over Auburn he has been there 10 years and he wants to win a championship something Indiana would provide in NIL money and Auburn would rather spend for football. He has won everywhere coached in Indiana for years knows the fan base and obviously looks at Indiana as a dream job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT