ADVERTISEMENT

Our new voice - the dugout guy.

mobilehoosier

Senior
Nov 17, 2012
Mobile, Alabama
i loved it. IU lean. Knows the players. No commercials. No other bs just basic info on game. Guy was doing it from a phone. (I think).
No he was not a pro broadcaster but it was garage band stuff. I prefer it to blow hards like dickie v who want to be the star instead of the players.
Go Hoosiers!

i loved it. IU lean. Knows the players. No commercials. No other bs just basic info on game. Guy was doing it from a phone. (I think).
No he was not a pro broadcaster but it was garage band stuff. I prefer it to blow hards like dickie v who want to be the star instead of the players.
Go Hoosiers!
Yea he’s the best . He’s been doing this for years early in the season for us during the first road trip. iPhone and Apple ear buds. What a world.

Dude's clearly a fan who cares about his team. Sometimes his cheering gets in the way of his "story telling" which is what baseball announcing really is. I'm ok with the modest effort, but I find it a little hard to stomach a big time baseball program (which is what I hope IU thinks of itself) can't have more of a professional broadcast plan. Can't imagine football or basketball having a guy at the end of the bench with an iphone and ear buds. I'm sure it comes down to $$, but I'd think a local business or two could get behind this with sponsorship. This program has been much more enjoyable to watch and follow than either of the revenue sports the last several years.

Reactions: mobilehoosier
Dude's clearly a fan who cares about his team. Sometimes his cheering gets in the way of his "story telling" which is what baseball announcing really is. I'm ok with the modest effort, but I find it a little hard to stomach a big time baseball program (which is what I hope IU thinks of itself) can't have more of a professional broadcast plan. Can't imagine football or basketball having a guy at the end of the bench with an iphone and ear buds. I'm sure it comes down to $$, but I'd think a local business or two could get behind this with sponsorship. This program has been much more enjoyable to watch and follow than either of the revenue sports the last several years.
Just in case anyone doesn't know, it's not just a fan - it's the director of baseball operations, Roger Rodeheaver. He just ended the last inning by saying, "you are listening to Roger's radio network".....haha.

And he also stated before that he just fills in until the "professional" broadcast team takes over in a couple of weeks, headed by Jeremy Gray.

Just in case anyone doesn't know, it's not just a fan - it's the director of baseball operations, Roger Rodeheaver. He just ended the last inning by saying, "you are listening to Roger's radio network".....haha.

And he also stated before that he just fills in until the "professional" broadcast team takes over in a couple of weeks, headed by Jeremy Gray.

Jeremy doesn't broadcast any longer. Greg Murray is the guy and he's finishing up women's basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT