ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Purdue is playing great but

Sorry, but you're wrong with your absolute assertion. I'm a lifetime IU fan and worked with mostly Purdue grads (I myself have a degree from PU), amongst themselves the Purdue guys would whizz on all things IU (and I have no problem with that), whenever I interacted with them it was never contentious. We often would disagree about whose football team sucked more though (each contending it was their team).
True I painted with too broad of a brush, some of that keyboard warrior perspective. But having lived in southern IN all of my life, there’s never been a lack of conversations with IU fans (many that went to other schools or didn’t even attend college) that being a part of IU basketball is something specia and elite l that Purdue fans will never understand. :rolleyes:

There we go, there’s that IU perspective we all expect. Friends, neighbors, and coworkers that root for Purdue can’t have casual or civil discussions with IU fans about basketball because only IU fans have true validation and status in life, just because they’re somehow associated with IU basketball. You never disappoint.

The rivalry is 80% driven by Pirdue grads. Always has been. The BTN show had a highlight of the raucous dorks in the pig barn during your last home game. They were...you guessed it...chanting about IU.

So embarassing for the decent PU fans.

Wtf is wrong with HoosierJimbo89? He has got to be the most miserable person on here. You're probably not wrong about a much of what you say, you just come off as toxic, and just a piece of shit.
I still never understood why fans of other teams would want to come to our board. This board is for IU fans and not trolls from other schools. You must live miserable lives if all you care about is what IU fans think of your mediocre program. If you would just come here and be civil then people might not care but when you resort to name calling is when you should be banned.

Same reason why political parties shouldn't talk only among themselves for ideas. Outside perspectives give you a more broad view of the world, and a more realistic one.
I agree on politics but this college hoops not politics. I gave my perspective “best PU team I’ve ever seen” and I’ve seen a bunch. IU class of 84 here. My cousin is Dave Schellhase, PU all American and 10 pick by bulls in the 60’s. My sis is also chem E PU . I have plenty of PU connections in the family and I love them anyway massive grin! Just find funny that so many boilers are here because you are having a once in lifetime season. Usually only a few. All good and good luck with your season. Go Hoosiers!

I still never understood why fans of other teams would want to come to our board. This board is for IU fans and not trolls from other schools. You must live miserable lives if all you care about is what IU fans think of your mediocre program. If you would just come here and be civil then people might not care but when you resort to name calling is when you should be banned.
In my case, I occasionally visit this board because, believe it or not, I am also an IU dad and I root for IU. I will always root for Purdue first, but I want IU to do well.

Reactions: mobilehoosier
Purdue fans:

Which team(s) do you view as a poor match-up for the Boilers in the dance?
Good question. Michigan is a poor match-up, but they play in the same conference and are unlikely to meet Purdue in the tournament. Still, I think that teams who can create matchup problems for Haas are probably the worst matchups for Purdue.

I think Purdue will win it all this year. I can't stand saying that since I work with a bunch of PU alums, but they are the best team in the land. The stars seem to be aligning for them too: The blueblood programs are a bit weak this year, Nova has no depth, Virginia can't score, not sold on Duke. Purdue has 4 good seniors plus Carsen Edwards. It's their year.
I think that Nova, Duke, and MSU are the favorites. I think that Purdue belongs in the next tier of challengers after those three. I recognize that MSU has struggled some, but they have more NBA talent than Purdue.

Reactions: koshyag
Having Purdue around is great for picking upsets in in tourney brackets. Unfortunately, I think it has become common for everybody to pick them to lay an egg.

When has PU ever done anything in the Tourney? I expect flame-out's from PU because that is what they do. The absolute last time I ever picked PU to do anything was the Arkansas Little Rock disaster.

NCAA success is directly correlated to elite talent, and PU never has any. PU is constantly fighting against the odds, and the odds always win. The best chance in my lifetime that PU has had to do something in the NCAA's was 1994, and they still got outclassed by Duke.
He's landed one 5* in 13 years! That is God awful.[/QUOTE
I agree on politics but this college hoops not politics. I gave my perspective “best PU team I’ve ever seen” and I’ve seen a bunch. IU class of 84 here. My cousin is Dave Schellhase, PU all American and 10 pick by bulls in the 60’s. My sis is also chem E PU . I have plenty of PU connections in the family and I love them anyway massive grin! Just find funny that so many boilers are here because you are having a once in lifetime season. Usually only a few. All good and good luck with your season. Go Hoosiers!

And I am here for many reasons. I was weaned on Purdue. Dad was a classmate of Wooden and was manager of unbeaten 1929 FB team. I went to DePauw. I worked at the Big Ten and developed friendships at all the schools. I worked for the Bulls and know your cousin and am a Sigma Chi and worked with Laz and Scott when they played for Bulls and became friends with RMK at Big Ten and my youngest went to his camp. And Eskew is a friend dating back to DePauw days and my son married daughter of Nick Mourouzis from IU Rose Bowl coaching staff. And I liked Bill Orwig and Tom Miller and Bob Dro and other’s. And I am retired and have lots of time to follow sports at all levels having worked professionally for the Bulls, White Sox, Oilers and Titans. So sometimes I come over once a year and sometimes everyday. And sometimes I read and sometimes I post. I can honestly I do hate any school (including Wabash) and enjoy interacting with people who I share much more in common with than allegiance to a college athletic team.

Well, in my case, I married into a family of IU grads. Wife’s Aunt was a Dean at IU for years, and was best friends with Bobby Knights first wife. We have a lot of fun ribbing each other, but also realize that it’s just sports. Also, the name of this site is Rivals.com. To be honest, these types of fan sites are quite boring if there isnt some other rivals or perspectives shared. Hell, the threads with the most posts are always Purdue related. It’s what makes these sites interesting.

Good question. Michigan is a poor match-up, but they play in the same conference and are unlikely to meet Purdue in the tournament. Still, I think that teams who can create matchup problems for Haas are probably the worst matchups for Purdue.

I saw the highlights of the PU UM game on BTN. If you do meet again, you best hope for the same set of officials. Wow, that was brutal...and at home.

Wtf is wrong with HoosierJimbo89? He has got to be the most miserable person on here. You're probably not wrong about a much of what you say, you just come off as toxic, and just a piece of shit.
Some people can handle debate, some people can't. Name-calling certainly isn't part of real debate, and I find it funny that you think you know anything about me. If you find truth in what I am saying and it bothers you, perhaps this thread and this board isn't for you.

He's landed one 5* in 13 years! That is God awful.

And yet he’s won the same amount of Championships as you guys in that span with IU having all sorts of 4 & 5 star recruits. So who gives a crap?! We all need to stop concerning ourselves with the past and focus on the now and the future.

And yet he’s won the same amount of Championships as you guys in that span with IU having all sorts of 4 & 5 star recruits. So who gives a crap?! We all need to stop concerning ourselves with the past and focus on the now and the future.
Who cares about having a Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, etc. on your team? That is how you win championships, the ultimate goal. In order to win a championship, you have to bring in studs and play the odds. If PU wants to be happy with being an inconsistent little engine that could and ignore the ultimate goal, be my guest: I welcome it!

Because Crean sucked as a coach..

that's my guess ..
I think the bigger question is why does Mediocre Matt still have a job? Is it because PU accepts his performance and that this is PU's ceiling? If Matt doesn't make it out of the Sweet 16, should he be fired on the spot or should PU fans just accept that the NCAA Tourney isn't for them?

Who cares about having a Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, etc. on your team? That is how you win championships, the ultimate goal. In order to win a championship, you have to bring in studs and play the odds. If PU wants to be happy with being an inconsistent little engine that could and ignore the ultimate goal, be my guest: I welcome it!

Look, I think we can all agree that have some stud recruits doesn’t do anything but increase your odds in getting to the FF. But teams like Butler have proved that it’s not an absolute necessity. Painter has an extremely cohesive, mature team that should get them far this year. Hopefully to his first Final Four.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
I take that as a yes since that wasn't what I said at all, in fact the opposite.

Let me spell it out for you. The entire point of my post was to explain to you why Painter hasn't recruited better. I said he isn't a cheater. Knowing full well you'd probably assume I was saying Izzo was, I spelled out how some people think that he is, but I wasn't going to claim that without evidence. If that still doesn't compute for you, then I guess I can't help you.
How do you know PorkChop doesn't cheat? Let's ask PorkChops ex-wife if he cheats. Who would have thought Keady was a cheat, but he was caught and convicted and forfeited games. The sad thing is pu ignored the forfeits and still counts those games as wins. So this implies the university endorses these activities by ignoring them on the record books? hell, who knows what goes on up there....

Reactions: 13thman
Do what you want, we don't need you picking us to do anything. We'll be more than happy to F up your bracket this year.
pu f<>k$ up a lot of brackets when they get in the tourney...Little Rock,,,oh and VCU just made another layup. Kansas blows up the point spread....

God, I miss that orange face running up and down the sideline.

I don't ...
I think the bigger question is why does Mediocre Matt still have a job? Is it because PU accepts his performance and that this is PU's ceiling? If Matt doesn't make it out of the Sweet 16, should he be fired on the spot or should PU fans just accept that the NCAA Tourney isn't for them?

Maybe it's because he developed a team without major upper level talent and has them competing at a high enough level that they are top 2 in every computer ranking, top 3 in polls and is going to win the conference for the second year straight.

Maybe?

pu f<>k$ up a lot of brackets when they get in the tourney...Little Rock,,,oh and VCU just made another layup. Kansas blows up the point spread....
Been a while, and will be several years to come, since IU even had a chance to mess up a bracket....just fyi

And I am here for many reasons. I was weaned on Purdue. Dad was a classmate of Wooden and was manager of unbeaten 1929 FB team. I went to DePauw. I worked at the Big Ten and developed friendships at all the schools. I worked for the Bulls and know your cousin and am a Sigma Chi and worked with Laz and Scott when they played for Bulls and became friends with RMK at Big Ten and my youngest went to his camp. And Eskew is a friend dating back to DePauw days and my son married daughter of Nick Mourouzis from IU Rose Bowl coaching staff. And I liked Bill Orwig and Tom Miller and Bob Dro and other’s. And I am retired and have lots of time to follow sports at all levels having worked professionally for the Bulls, White Sox, Oilers and Titans. So sometimes I come over once a year and sometimes everyday. And sometimes I read and sometimes I post. I can honestly I do hate any school (including Wabash) and enjoy interacting with people who I share much more in common with than allegiance to a college athletic team.
Love this post

How do you know PorkChop doesn't cheat? Let's ask PorkChops ex-wife if he cheats. Who would have thought Keady was a cheat, but he was caught and convicted and forfeited games. The sad thing is pu ignored the forfeits and still counts those games as wins. So this implies the university endorses these activities by ignoring them on the record books? hell, who knows what goes on up there....
Keady didn't cheat, his assistant did. Or at least as I have come to know the facts. I wasn't a Purdue fan at that time. Maybe Keady knew, who knows.

If Painter IS cheating and this is the recruits he gets then he does deserve to be fired. If he were pulling in top talent without prior success then I'd be questioning.

I saw the highlights of the PU UM game on BTN. If you do meet again, you best hope for the same set of officials. Wow, that was brutal...and at home.

And several days later UM won 68-67 over Maryland on two FT’s when the officials called a foul with 1.2 seconds left.

There we go, there’s that IU perspective we all expect. Friends, neighbors, and coworkers that root for Purdue can’t have casual or civil discussions with IU fans about basketball because only IU fans have true validation and status in life, just because they’re somehow associated with IU basketball. You never disappoint.

Wrong. I work with several PU grads, ME’s & MET’s that converse about it almost daily, & we have good conversations with good natured ribbing. The difference is that isn’t taking place on an IU basketball board which is devoid of PUkes until our team stinks & the trolls come out in full force. 99% of you won’t be here when you flame out in the tourney, or if we get back to where our teams are performing up to our program status, which is well beyond the Boilers even in your glory years. Go talk about how great your team is & how ours stinks on your board.

Wrong. I work with several PU grads, ME’s & MET’s that converse about it almost daily, & we have good conversations with good natured ribbing. The difference is that isn’t taking place on an IU basketball board which is devoid of PUkes until our team stinks & the trolls come out in full force. 99% of you won’t be here when you flame out in the tourney, or if we get back to where our teams are performing up to our program status, which is well beyond the Boilers even in your glory years. Go talk about how great your team is & how ours stinks on your board.
Pretty sure it was one of your own that started the thread...

Pretty sure it was one of your own that started the thread...

That is affirmative. It is an IU free Rivals Board. If you have a free forum expecting that fans of other schools will not come on your Board is like having an apartment complex swimming pool without a fence in a college town and expecting nobody to come into your pool on a 90 degree day except residents.

That is affirmative. It is an IU free Rivals Board. If you have a free forum expecting that fans of other schools will not come on your Board is like having an apartment complex swimming pool without a fence in a college town and expecting nobody to come into your pool on a 90 degree day except residents.

Actually if I think I have something to offer, yes I do. I meet lots of great people that way.

Hubris. You’ve got your own pool, but I guess you’re the guy that goes to the pool in the nicer neighborhood since his is a cesspool.

Pretty strong statements considering Crean and IU layed a huge egg against Syracuse, as the #1 overall seed. They had more talent on that team as well. If you think Archie is leading you guys to the promise land, I would be curious as to know why? Nothing he has done this year, or at Dayton has indicated he's a high level coach, hell even his brother at Zona hasn't gotten to a Final Four.

Hubris. You’ve got your own pool, but I guess you’re the guy that goes to the pool in the nicer neighborhood since his is a cesspool.

No, not at all. Just a happy 76 year old who thinks some folks are downright silly. I grew up quite shy and overcame it through exposure to a wide variety of people and placed. Btw, I also do not hide behind the cloak of anonymity. I am who I am.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT