ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Purdue is playing great but

Izzo has accomplished plenty. You would think with all of those chances, Matt would have been able to not suck as much as a recruiter.

Better than no history. Don't worry: Archie will also be recruiting and coaching circles around Mediocre Matt soon enough. If we land Romeo, that will equal the best recruit PU has landed since Glenn Robinson.
Romeo couldn't hold Glenn Robinson's jock. If you land him I hope you don't count on that. That's not a dig at Romeo either but Glenn was easily a top 10 player in big ten history if not top 5.

No, just here to laugh, that's all, thanks for helping!
Want a joke: PU has kept Matt Painter around for 13 years! His ceiling is a Sweet 16 and he sucks at recruiting!

Stay tuned: there will be plenty more jokes as Archie coaches and recruits circles around Painter.

Want a joke: PU has kept Matt Painter around for 13 years! His ceiling is a Sweet 16 and he sucks at recruiting!

Stay tuned: there will be plenty more jokes as Archie coaches and recruits circles around Painter.
Sweet 16 will be but a mere after thought this year, but meanwhile, down south, Archie has an NIT ceiling, one he won't achieve this year or the next

Sweet 16 will be but a mere after thought this year, but meanwhile, down south, Archie has an NIT ceiling, one he won't achieve this year or the next
Archie went to an Elite 8 at Dayton! One more, and he will be good enough to have PU's court named after him.

Stay tuned!

Do you guys honestly believe Painter can't get past the Sweet 16? Crean got past the Sweet 16....
Painter's resume doesn't lie: his ceiling is a Sweet 16. PU always craps the bed in the NCAA's: always.

Crean had elite talent: D-Wade. Sadly enough, Crean can recruit circles around Painter. PU never has enough elite talent, even when they had Glenn Sr. Actually, pretty sad that Crean has been to a Final Four and PU has only been to two in NCAA history, the most recent being 1980.

It is sad that people can't have a civil conversation about sports without the childish back and forth we have seen in this thread. I hate Purdue as much as anyone but I just can't understand why our fan base can't give credit to them when it is warranted. I hope they flame out as usual but to me if they keep playing this way they will make a run in the tournament.

If Crean recruited circles around Painter,how come Painters teams beat IU ten times in 15 games.And where is Crean coaching now?
IU has higher standards than PU. Crean was not meeting expectations and was let go.

I don't think you want Crean to be the measuring stick for PU's program. Nonetheless, Crean has been to a Final Four and PU has only been to two Final Fours in NCAA history and Crean recruited circles around Matt Painter: not good.

IU has higher standards than PU. Crean was not meeting expectations and was let go.

I don't think you want Crean to be the measuring stick for PU's program. Nonetheless, Crean has been to a Final Four and PU has only been to two Final Fours in NCAA history and Crean recruited circles around Matt Painter: not good.
Tommy may have been the better recruiter,but He cant also be the better coach,with Painters teams beating his two to one.Crean didn't take IU to a Final Four.

Painter's resume doesn't lie: his ceiling is a Sweet 16. PU always craps the bed in the NCAA's: always.

Crean had elite talent: D-Wade. Sadly enough, Crean can recruit circles around Painter. PU never has enough elite talent, even when they had Glenn Sr. Actually, pretty sad that Crean has been to a Final Four and PU has only been to two in NCAA history, the most recent being 1980.

You do realize that a big reason for Crean’s recruiting success was due to him being at IU right? A blind monkey could recruit well at IU. If Painter was at IU, I think he’d recruit elite talent.

Reactions: Boilermaker03

I missed creans final 4 at IU, what year was that?

It is sad that people can't have a civil conversation about sports without the childish back and forth we have seen in this thread. I hate Purdue as much as anyone but I just can't understand why our fan base can't give credit to them when it is warranted. I hope they flame out as usual but to me if they keep playing this way they will make a run in the tournament.
It's just one turd named Jumbo, don't paint the whole fanbase with that brown brush, it's all good.

You do realize that a big reason for Crean’s recruiting success was due to him being at IU right? A blind monkey could recruit well at IU. If Painter was at IU, I think he’d recruit elite talent.

Thank you for admitting that IU is a far superior program to Purdue.

I missed creans final 4 at IU, what year was that?

Was it 1932?

I think he hung the banner too:

IMG_1174.0.jpg

Reactions: jimmygoiu
You can always tell when either IU or PU is winning because in either scenario the pu trolls come slithering over here begging for validation and respect.

Sorry kids, respect is earned and you are a very very long way from that goal.

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil

It’s because of the trolls like Dachsaund, who despite being in the midst of their greatest season ever, are here looking for validation. Some are ok, but a few petty Boilers trying to shed their own inferiority complex ruin it for all of them.

Wtf is wrong with HoosierJimbo89? He has got to be the most miserable person on here. You're probably not wrong about a much of what you say, you just come off as toxic, and just a piece of shit.

I just want to hear you admit that Kansas was a more athletic team than you last season. You can argue that wasn't the reason you lost and that's fine. I've laid out all the points I want to, and it's hard to statistically represent "better athletes".

But just admit that Kansas was more athletic so I know you're not crazy.
Of course they were, I never said they weren't.

This guy doesn't realize that there are a number of coaches out there that made the final four and beyond after nearly 15 years of almost nothing. Painter is still relatively young. I laugh that you think he can't get beyond the sweet 16.

Last edited:
Agreed, I generally try to keep it civil, but sometimes some people just ask for it. I really enjoyed the team you guys had a few years back with Oladipo and co. I still can't believe Crean couldn't get more out of them in the tourney. They had weapons.

Last edited:
Just like the number of coaches that made a final 4. You guys should realize that considering you had 2 of them. The gap of recruiting may not get that far apart as much as you believe. Coaching styles aren't far off as well. I believe both coaching systems will keep us closer than many think.

This guy doesn't realize that there are a number fo coaches out there that made the final four and beyond after nearly 15 years of almost nothing. Painter is still relatively young. I laugh that you think he can't get beyond the sweet 16.
Mark Few is a great example from last year.

I have no idea if Purdue will make a run this year or not, but I do think that there are some important differences between this year’s team and the last two.

Two years ago, the front line was great, but the backcourt was a clear weakness. It is very hard to have success in the NCAA Tournament with a weak backcourt.

Last year’s team was much more complete, but struggled defensively, especially against ball screen oriented offenses. As great as Swanigan was, be could be exploited in space.

This is, in my opinion, Painter’s best team, even slightly better than 2010 prior to Hummel’s ACL tear. The backcourt of Carsen, PJ, Mathias, Eastern, and Cline is the best that Painter has had. The front line of Vince, Haas, and Haarms is also very good. The way that Purdue executes it’s offense to get open looks is the best I’ve seen at Purdue and the defense is right there with the 2010 team. I have no idea what will happen in the NCAA Tournament, but I am excited to watch.

It’s because of the trolls like Dachsaund, who despite being in the midst of their greatest season ever, are here looking for validation. Some are ok, but a few petty Boilers trying to shed their own inferiority complex ruin it for all of them.
There we go, there’s that IU perspective we all expect. Friends, neighbors, and coworkers that root for Purdue can’t have casual or civil discussions with IU fans about basketball because only IU fans have true validation and status in life, just because they’re somehow associated with IU basketball. You never disappoint.

There we go, there’s that IU perspective we all expect. Friends, neighbors, and coworkers that root for Purdue can’t have casual or civil discussions with IU fans about basketball because only IU fans have true validation and status in life, just because they’re somehow associated with IU basketball. You never disappoint.

Sorry, but you're wrong with your absolute assertion. I'm a lifetime IU fan and worked with mostly Purdue grads (I myself have a degree from PU), amongst themselves the Purdue guys would whizz on all things IU (and I have no problem with that), whenever I interacted with them it was never contentious. We often would disagree about whose football team sucked more though (each contending it was their team).

Reactions: mobilehoosier
I think boilers look better than I’ve ever seen them look. Fans are pretty puffed up about it and have every reason to be. Not sure why they come here to discuss. Seems like they’d enjoy talking to each other. Go Hoosiers!
Same reason why political parties shouldn't talk only among themselves for ideas. Outside perspectives give you a more broad view of the world, and a more realistic one.

Reactions: mobilehoosier

BT Titles: Crean 2, Painter 2
Sweet 16: Painter 3, Crean 3
Years: Crean 9, Painter 12

And we know what Crean started with....a former walk on.

I think Purdue will win it all this year. I can't stand saying that since I work with a bunch of PU alums, but they are the best team in the land. The stars seem to be aligning for them too: The blueblood programs are a bit weak this year, Nova has no depth, Virginia can't score, not sold on Duke. Purdue has 4 good seniors plus Carsen Edwards. It's their year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT