ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Purdue is playing great but

This season - going into the Bucket game.

Purdue: 5-6
Indiana: 5-6

We play you at the cow pasture - where your players know where all the cowpiles are. Home field advantage, you know.

Look at the season each had. Both had good wins, both had decent performances in losses, both had bad losses.

One game - at Laffy - convinces you they were "better". Wow . . .

And looky here - this is an IU board, not UBI. You're over HERE for . . . what? Self-esteem? Best team Purdue has had in basketball in a long time, but little brother always gonna be trying to tug on the pant leg of big brother. Way too funny.

You Purdue people crack me up. It's like Bobby used to say about the "Purdue mentality" . . .

I'm here to find the stupidest posts and laugh at them. Thank you for providing my daily comedy. Your posts on this thread are priceless. Peace. JW

Spoke to one of the Purdue starters dads the other night. While he thinks its nice they are having a good season he is not convinced they can make a tourney run and has doubts. (wait and see mode) I found that kinda sad. If Painter doesn't make it out of the sweet 16 this year will he have a job next year?

Spoke to one of the Purdue starters dads the other night. While he thinks its nice they are having a good season he is not convinced they can make a tourney run and has doubts. (wait and see mode) I found that kinda sad. If Painter doesn't make it out of the sweet 16 this year will he have a job next year?
Cool story

Lies... lies... lies

You have 3 4-stars on the team right now for Pete’s sake...This entire thread does nothing but talk about how bad Painter is yet there are NO 4-stars on this Purdue team. Now you can’t have it both ways. Either Painter gets more out of his 3’s and 2’s than IU out of their 4’s or every thread above is nothing but good ole IUBS, take your pick. And yes, there are 4 Seniors that the entire Basketball world is talking about on this Purdue team...But once again we know Painter can’t develop his players like IU coaches...because we have read it so many times here. So give it a rest. Yes Purdue is good this year...actually Purdue is very good this year. Will they make it to the Final Four and win it all....that remains to be seen. Either way it has been a heck of a season with games being fun and really good basketball to watch. Someday that will once again be the case at IU....
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
Sorry sad but true and I'm not naming names. We chatted for awhile and he has seen this before. Why would he think any different? It is what it is.
yeah your lying lol. Only one of our seniors lived in Indiana prior to being a player. And that was PJ.... and if his dad doesn't love us why would he let Isaiah commit?

Reactions: fpeaugh
yeah your lying lol. Only one of our seniors lived in Indiana prior to being a player. And that was PJ.... and if his dad doesn't love us why would he let Isaiah commit?
This Indianaftw clown hails from the town USA Today once named “The Dumbest City in America”, so I’m guessing he didn’t really think this all the way through.

As a former Crean apologist of several years, why do you think Purdue should have higher standards than IU? You were all about Crean’s Sweet 16 appearances. Why not Painters?

It really sucks that Izzo got Swaigan and Eastern.... wait
One 5* in 13 years and a #77 ranked player, lol! Tom Izzo has more elite talent on this year's team than Painter ever has recruited. Not to mention Zach Randolph, Jason Richardson, Gary Harris, Dawson, etc. PU and Painter aren't close to being in Izzo's league, especially recruiting. Izzo has been to more than 3X the Final Fours PU has in its entire history.

Well from what a Purdue guy said on the Purdue board. If Romeo Langford would have chosen Purdue he would have not started next year for Purdue. He also said top 50 recruits don't come to Purdue cuz they want more than 15-20 minutes playing time their freshman year. Yes that was really sad on the Purdue board not kidding you

Well from what a Purdue guy said on the Purdue board. If Romeo Langford would have chosen Purdue he would have not started next year for Purdue. He also said top 50 recruits don't come to Purdue cuz they want more than 15-20 minutes playing time their freshman year. Yes that was really sad on the Purdue board not kidding you

Troll account. You posted the same thing on the main college rivals board. Guessing you’re an iu fan.

Reactions: Purdue11
This Indianaftw clown hails from the town USA Today once named “The Dumbest City in America”, so I’m guessing he didn’t really think this all the way through.

He’s also the guy who said he doesn’t think Brohm has done anything noteworthy yet so take anything he says with a huge grain of salt.

Painter and Crean are the same-average coaches. Every 3 or 4 years you can count on them to have a solid team. Excellence is not in their vocabulary.

your reading comprehension is low, and if you're going to quote me, quote my entire post, not the part you want to use for your spin.

Reactions: Purdue11
As a former Crean apologist of several years, why do you think Purdue should have higher standards than IU? You were all about Crean’s Sweet 16 appearances. Why not Painters?

Purdue thanks you for your service & loyalty & fully supports your agenda.

The Big Ten is bad this year. How many wins do they have against the top 25?

You know what you are getting from Painter at this point, and it doesn't include going further than the Sweet 16. I'm perfectly fine with Painter sticking around as long as he wants. PU never has the top to bottom elite talent to take them far in the NCAA's. If they didn't do it last year with Swanigan, it ain't happening.

Reactions: Indianaftw
IU DOES NOT HAVE FOUR 4 STARS ON THE ROSTER.....

That’s a myth Purdue fans keep saying this year to down play Miller.

Curtis Jones transfered at the semester and Davis is out for the year with a injury. Since the first game of the second semester.

The ONLY 4 stars are Johnson (ranked in the 40s) and Smith (ranked in the 60s).

We start a walk on for gods sake.....

We have 2 freshman and a senior that was ranked outside the 150.

A JUCO...

A transfer from Pitt who lost his playing time as a sophomore.

A 3 star senior and a 3 star junior and a 3 star sophomore.....that’s it.....that’s our roster.

There are Purdue fans that somehow think IU has more talent. We don’t, and it’s not even close.

And Haas, C Edwards, V Edwards were ALL 4 stars. Vince wasn’t for all services.....

Northwestern, Penn St, Maryland, and basically everyone except maybe UI have as much or more talent than IU.
How

If IU is in the same league with Duke, NC, etc. as a handful of the delusional free-board posters on here proclaim, then how can you be so short on talent? How is that possible??????

If IU is in the same league with Duke, NC, etc. as a handful of the delusional free-board posters on here proclaim, then how can you be so short on talent? How is that possible??????

Because we just fired a coach.

Don’t worry, Purdue will have it’s talent problems soon enough.

Boy, you guys are sure gonna be sad if ya can’t make it past the Sweet 16 with the greatest Purdue team in the last 20 years.....maybe ever......

Purdue fans:

Which team(s) do you view as a poor match-up for the Boilers in the dance?
I think Duke is the worst match up, Bagley is other-worldy and I think he could defend and exploit Haas offensively. Villanova is a tough out for anyone IMO. West Virginia could be a challenge; we won in a scrimmage but it is just a scrimmage and Jevon Carter apparently played really well against our defense.

We will see how the Boilers play against MSU and OSU. If they play well and win, I'll be much more confident of this team in March because they'll likely get a #1 seed given that scenario.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT