ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Purdue is playing great but

Pretty strong statements considering Crean and IU layed a huge egg against Syracuse, as the #1 overall seed. They had more talent on that team as well. If you think Archie is leading you guys to the promise land, I would be curious as to know why? Nothing he has done this year, or at Dayton has indicated he's a high level coach, hell even his brother at Zona hasn't gotten to a Final Four.
Lol

For IU fans to converse about your team as we see fit. Do you barge in on other peoples conversations in public too?
Terrible example. This isn't a private conversation in a public place. This is a public place to converse, just happens to be based around IU athletics. If you don't want to hear from us, then pony up for the paid board and go there.

Last edited:
Was the call correct? Time remaining has zero impact on the rules.

All three calls were correct. The officials overruled a call on the out of bounds touch utilizing the rules allowing such video reviews in the last two minutes. The replays showed the officials correctly called the foul by Wagner of Haas AND the officials made the correct call on the Maryland foul in the final seconds of the game. The calls are not what folks question. What was questioned was why did the rules get followed when many think you can never get a call on the road, or officials never call a foul in the final seconds because they don’t want to determine a game’s outcome.

All three calls were correct. The officials overruled a call on the out of bounds touch utilizing the rules allowing such video reviews in the last two minutes. The replays showed the officials correctly called the foul by Wagner of Haas AND the officials made the correct call on the Maryland foul in the final seconds of the game. The calls are not what folks question. What was questioned was why did the rules get followed when many think you can never get a call on the road, or officials never call a foul in the final seconds because they don’t want to determine a game’s outcome.

The clock is irrelevant when it comes to calling fouls. I always laugh when some fan says...you can't make that call in that situation. The call in question was absolutely incorrect and allowed the outcome of the game. It is rare to get screwed at home.

In a year with a ton of upsets, I could see this being the year where a 16 finally beats a 1. I doubt it, but it is possible. No teams have been consistent this year. There have been a ton of teams move around the top 5.

Purdue is probably the most consistent in the top 5 right now, other than maybe Villanova. I hope they do bad, but their team is pretty good.

That is affirmative. It is an IU free Rivals Board. If you have a free forum expecting that fans of other schools will not come on your Board is like having an apartment complex swimming pool without a fence in a college town and expecting nobody to come into your pool on a 90 degree day except residents.
Agreed that it's okay to have other fans, I love talking to knowledgeable people about basketball. Now if you and the the other two dumbies could quit posting and go find some that actually know what they're talking about, that would be great.

So now pu fans are talking all about IU on this board as well as GBI. Some things never change.
The replay on BTN combined with an understanding of the rules says otherwise. Particularly the inbounds play reach around that really cost UM the game. That was awful.

No less a source than an eyewitness, with a degree from Indiana University and his announcing partner immediately confirmed the foul.
http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2018/01...controversial-ending-to-michigan-purdue-game/

Reactions: richar2013
IU has higher standards than PU. Crean was not meeting expectations and was let go.

I don't think you want Crean to be the measuring stick for PU's program. Nonetheless, Crean has been to a Final Four and PU has only been to two Final Fours in NCAA history and Crean recruited circles around Matt Painter: not good.
Have to love IU fans like you. Extremely parochial and not really very knowledgeable about basketball other than your own orbit around IU. A good analogy would be a lousy poker player who only plays his/her own cards.

It's just one turd named Jumbo, don't paint the whole fanbase with that brown brush, it's all good.
There are a million IU fans who can't name 10 starters on the rest of the BIG yet they fashion themselves basketball experts. I've worked with literally hundreds if not thousands of them for 33 years.

The rivalry is 80% driven by Pirdue grads. Always has been. The BTN show had a highlight of the raucous dorks in the pig barn during your last home game. They were...you guessed it...chanting about IU.

So embarassing for the decent PU fans.
Lack of Courtsense if so why is there no six-page thread about IU on the free PU board? You're widely known as the biggest tool on both boards.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
In his career Izzo owns Purdue with 22 wins and 16 losses. Head to head against Matt Painter he owns him 12 wins and 9 losses. Against multiple coaches Izzo has owned Indiana with 24 wins and 13 losses!
I believe IU is 1-22 at Breslin. Hahahahaha

The ratio of grammar and syntax errors to number of words in all your posts in this thread has to be an all-time Internet record.
Smartest guy in the room, on every subject: thanks, professor.

Watching PU fans try to talk crap is funny. Please continue! What is your favorite manure?

There we go, there’s that IU perspective we all expect. Friends, neighbors, and coworkers that root for Purdue can’t have casual or civil discussions with IU fans about basketball because only IU fans have true validation and status in life, just because they’re somehow associated with IU basketball. You never disappoint.
A couple of examples. I was at the HS tournament a few years ago when Danville played someone (I think Brebeuf). There were two obese 50 something males completely decked out in IU gear who appeared to be there for the sole purpose to root against Travis Carroll. They sat on the front row and were all over him from the opening tip. It was sick. I live about 10 minutes from Indiana Grand, and you can correlate IU basketball's annual success by the amount of IU bball gear worn by its patrons. Have not seen much of a showing the last two years except for a few days after the Duke game this year. I could go on and on. Seriously, I'll bet a significant number of PU fans on the pay board can name most of the starting lineups of all the BIG teams whereas I'll bet less than 5 percent of the fans on here can even name a couple of dozen opposing players on all the BIG teams combined. There is difference between being an IU bball fan and being a bball fan.

You can always tell when either IU or PU is winning because in either scenario the pu trolls come slithering over here begging for validation and respect.

Sorry kids, respect is earned and you are a very very long way from that goal.

Lol so true.

Pollsters respect Purdue so much they dropped them a spot to 4th after Broilees beat Iowa.:D

Lack of Courtsense if so why is there no six-page thread about IU on the free PU board? You're widely known as the biggest tool on both boards.

Awesome. This from a long time troll who once posted he wished he could meet me and physically attack me, Stay classy troll boy. "Widely known"? Do tell Ace.

Agreed that it's okay to have other fans, I love talking to knowledgeable people about basketball. Now if you and the the other two dumbies could quit posting and go find some that actually know what they're talking about, that would be great.
He didn't, but I understand your bias.

You could NOT possibly have watched the replay because I am sure you would not blatantly
lie when Dakich can clearly be heard saying exactly what I said he did and then he and Dave Fleming elaborate further.

You could NOT possibly have watched the replay because I am sure you would not blatantly
lie when Dakich can clearly be heard saying exactly what I said he did and then he and Dave Fleming elaborate further.

I didn't comment on what was said.

Awesome. This from a long time troll who once posted he wished he could meet me and physically attack me, Stay classy troll boy. "Widely known"? Do tell Ace.

Oh, and Tony...the reason there is a thread this long is that all of you mental midgets are here begging for respect. IU fans are immediately banned on your site so all of the many IU threads there are made up of you classless clowns.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
But you really are a tool, it's true. Add to that list : Bowelmania, IU Snott, JohnsyDick, Arbys89, Sleazy Rider, and Crimson Mush just to name a few more.

BTW, I am an IU fan. I just want you to know the other poster isn't wrong in his assessment.

But you really are a tool, it's true. Add to that list : Bowelmania, IU Snott, JohnsyDick, Arbys89, Sleazy Rider, and Crimson Mush just to name a few more.

BTW, I am an IU fan. I just want you to know the other poster isn't wrong in his assessment.

Welcome to the board. Did up you notice that Ord v16 lasted exactly 3 posts all stalking me, isn't that interesting?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT