ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Purdue is playing great but

Tom Izzo owns Painter in every measurable way that matters. Why in the hell can't Painter recruit like Izzo? Sucking at recruiting isn't an excuse.

In his career Izzo owns Purdue with 22 wins and 16 losses. Head to head against Matt Painter he owns him 12 wins and 9 losses. Against multiple coaches Izzo has owned Indiana with 24 wins and 13 losses!

In his career Izzo owns Purdue with 22 wins and 16 losses. Head to head against Matt Painter he owns him 12 wins and 9 losses. Against multiple coaches Izzo has owned Indiana with 24 wins and 13 losses!
I'm going to go ahead and assume 2 of those losses head to head were when Painter took over and the team was a dumpster fire, so in essence their pretty even.

I take that as a yes since that wasn't what I said at all, in fact the opposite.

Let me spell it out for you. The entire point of my post was to explain to you why Painter hasn't recruited better. I said he isn't a cheater. Knowing full well you'd probably assume I was saying Izzo was, I spelled out how some people think that he is, but I wasn't going to claim that without evidence. If that still doesn't compute for you, then I guess I can't help you.
Thanks for the lesson, professor and smartest guy in the room.

So, you are saying one must cheat to recruit well and Matt sucks as a recruiter because he doesn't cheat? That still sounds like whining and sorry-ass excuse making.

How many career wins, Final Fours, National Championships, and Big Ten Titles does Painter have? Tom Izzo has more elite recruits on this year's roster than Matt has ever recruited. Izzo coaches and recruits circles around Painter.

IU has two coaches that have more National Championships than Izzo.

Thanks for the lesson, professor and smartest guy in the room.

So, you are saying one must cheat to recruit well and Matt sucks as a recruiter because he doesn't cheat? That still sounds like whining and sorry-ass excuse making.
You're right, I am whining. I just hate being ranked in the top 5 of the country. Woe is me.

It's well known that college basketball recruiting is a cesspool.

That may indeed happen. Your Natty after all. Plus despite so few seeing your team play, the record is impressive.

Unfortunately for you after that 15 minutes passes you will still just be a little embittered IU-obsessed Purdue fan. Enjoy.
One of us is clearly embittered, sure isn't me, furthest thing from it....But seriously, enjoy the for sure beatdown that's coming, just like last year and just like next year.....now I see why you are so embittered.

How many career wins, Final Fours, National Championships, and Big Ten Titles does Painter have? Tom Izzo has more elite recruits on this year's roster than Matt has ever recruited: Izzo recruits circles around Painter.

With all that talent, you'd think he should have accomplished more. I mean seriously. Only one Natty with all the talent he gets.

Also, thanks for the ancient history lesson.

You're right, I am whining. I just hate being ranked in the top 5 of the country. Woe is me.

It's well known that college basketball recruiting is a cesspool.
Enjoy it and the NCAA flame-out, because you will go right back to mediocrity next year.

With all that talent, you'd think he should have accomplished more. I mean seriously.

Also, thanks for the ancient history lesson.
Izzo has accomplished plenty. You would think with all of those chances, Matt would have been able to not suck as much as a recruiter.

Better than no history. Don't worry: Archie will also be recruiting and coaching circles around Mediocre Matt soon enough. If we land Romeo, that will equal the best recruit PU has landed since Glenn Robinson.

Better than no history. Don't worry: Archie will also be recruiting and coaching circles around Mediocre Matt soon enough. If we land Romeo, that will equal the best recruit PU has landed since Glenn Robinson.
You're right, Archie has been an amazing coach so far for you guys.

Reactions: Bill4411
Purdue is a senior-laden team capitalizing on a porous Big 10.

Not saying they're not good enough to win it all, because they are. But as they get into the tournament the athletic gaps begin to widen.

You don't win a game by having better athletes but we saw what happened when they got into a track meet with Kansas last year. It was the JV versus the Varsity.

Grind it to a halt, limit possessions, and lean on your guards to hit some big shots. If PU starts thinking they can go punch for punch with the big boys they'll get bounced badly again.

Do I need to remind you what Mediocre Matt's record was his first year? If Archie makes one more Elite 8, he will be as good as the guy your floor is named after.
Dude, Painter had FAR less talent his first year than Archie does. He at least had them playing hard and with heart.

One of us is clearly embittered, sure isn't me, furthest thing from it....But seriously, enjoy the for sure beatdown that's coming, just like last year and just like next year.....now I see why you are so embittered.

Yet you are here obsessing, desperately seeking validation from Hoosier fans. Pathetic & laughable, but completely expected from Boiler fans.

Izzo has accomplished plenty. You would think with all of those chances, Matt would have been able to not suck as much as a recruiter.

Woopity doo. Romeo for a year?

Reactions: Boilermaker03
Purdue is a senior-laden team capitalizing on a porous Big 10.

Not saying they're not good enough to win it all, because they are. But as they get into the tournament the athletic gaps begin to widen.

You don't win a game by having better athletes but we saw what happened when they got into a track meet with Kansas last year. It was the JV versus the Varsity.

Grind it to a halt, limit possessions, and lean on your guards to hit some big shots. If PU starts thinking they can go punch for punch with the big boys they'll get bounced badly again.
Kansas ran away with the game because they started burying a ton of 3's. NOT because it turned into a track meet. Purdue was winning until they couldn't miss from deep. Once it was out of hand, then Purdue looked lost and Kansas did whatever they wanted.

How many career wins, Final Fours, National Championships, and Big Ten Titles does Painter have? Tom Izzo has more elite recruits on this year's roster than Matt has ever recruited. Izzo coaches and recruits circles around Painter.

You brought up Izzo owning Painter. That implies playing head to head.. do you think there is any argument regarding Tim Izzo’s Success. None here. He is the Dean of Big Ten coaches and he has been very successful.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
Dude, Painter had FAR less talent his first year than Archie does. He at least had them playing hard and with heart.
IU has been player much harder and smarter: watch closer.

IU isn't exactly overflowing with talent. De'Ron Davis (injured) was ranked #35, Robert Johnson was #48, and nobody else is ranked below #100. Maybe that is a "stacked roster" for a program that sucks at recruiting and always has to try and overachieve.

You brought up Izzo owning Painter. That implies playing head to head.. do you think there is any argument regarding Tim Izzo’s Success. None here. He is the Dean of Big Ten coaches and he has been very successful.

Lately his kids seem disinterested.

Read that Painter is 5-3 vs Izzo when both teams are ranked.

Wow, so confident. I like it.
When has PU ever done anything in the Tourney? I expect flame-out's from PU because that is what they do. The absolute last time I ever picked PU to do anything was the Arkansas Little Rock disaster.

NCAA success is directly correlated to elite talent, and PU never has any. PU is constantly fighting against the odds, and the odds always win. The best chance in my lifetime that PU has had to do something in the NCAA's was 1994, and they still got outclassed by Duke.

IU has been player much harder and smarter: watch closer.

IU isn't exactly overflowing with talent. De'Ron Davis (injured) was ranked #35, Robert Johnson was #48, and nobody else is ranked below #100. Maybe that is a "stacked roster" for a program that sucks at recruiting and always has to try and overachieve.
Sounds like an excuse for a team that just sucks at developing and using the talent it has. That's more "stars" than Purdue's current roster. Painter just really sucks as a coach.

That's more "stars" than Purdue's current roster. Painter just really sucks as a coach.
They are also the kids he recruited and have played in his system, not a hand that was dealt to him by a failed coach. De'Ron Davis is injured, lol: I guess that is Archie's fault. He hasn't even had a full year yet.

I am sure you are betting hard that Archie will fail. I doubt you want IU to be where it should be. Good luck with that.

Kansas ran away with the game because they started burying a ton of 3's. NOT because it turned into a track meet. Purdue was winning until they couldn't miss from deep. Once it was out of hand, then Purdue looked lost and Kansas did whatever they wanted.

Ugh. Fine I'll bury you.

"You just cannot let them get in transition like that," Purdue coach Matt Painter said. "If they keep getting those types of opportunities and shoot like that, they can't be stopped."

That's your coach admitting you couldn't keep them out of transition, because as I said they were much more athletic than you.

They did bury a ton of threes, as they had done all year, many of them in transition. That's because you guys couldn't close out to shooters, because you're guards all wear shoes made out of cement.

Open your eyes. You have a good ball team this year, but their is going to be a time, if you're lucky enough to advance in the tournament, where you run into a team athletically superior to you. You'll get a taste of it versus MSU. When that happens, you'll have to play stall ball.

When has PU ever done anything in the Tourney? I expect flame-out's from PU because that is what they do. The absolute last time I ever picked PU to do anything was the Arkansas Little Rock disaster.

NCAA success is directly correlated to elite talent, and PU never has any. PU is constantly fighting against the odds, and the odds always win. The best chance in my lifetime that PU has had to do something in the NCAA's was 1994, and they still got outclassed by Duke.
Do what you want, we don't need you picking us to do anything. We'll be more than happy to F up your bracket this year.

Read that Painter is 5-3 vs Izzo when both teams are ranked.

Why are you here discussing Izzo vs Painter? You reek of desperation.
Sounds like an excuse for a team that just sucks at developing and using the talent it has. That's more "stars" than Purdue's current roster. Painter just really sucks as a coach.

He’s been great...for Purdue. As good as you guys should expect. Beating IU & winning Big Tens will always be good enough, & should be given your history. Well done Coach Painter.

They are also the kids he recruited and have played in his system, not a hand that was dealt to him by a failed coach. De'Ron Davis is injured, lol: I guess that is Archie's fault.

I am sure you are betting hard that Archie will fail. I doubt you want IU to be where it should be. Good luck with that.
Still not a team devoid of talent in the least.

Ugh. Fine I'll bury you.

"You just cannot let them get in transition like that," Purdue coach Matt Painter said. "If they keep getting those types of opportunities and shoot like that, they can't be stopped."

That's your coach admitting you couldn't keep them out of transition, because as I said they were much more athletic than you.

They did bury a ton of threes, as they had done all year, many of them in transition. That's because you guys couldn't close out to shooters, because you're guards all wear shoes made out of cement.

Open your eyes. You have a good ball team this year, but their is going to be a time, if you're lucky enough to advance in the tournament, where you run into a team athletically superior to you. You'll get a taste of it versus MSU. When that happens, you'll have to play stall ball.

Not the same Purdue team. Ask Arizona

Ugh. Fine I'll bury you.

LOL, bury me? I don't think so. Not closing out in time on transition is NOT the same thing as getting beat in a track meet of a game. The first eludes to not picking up a man fast enough (IE: they were down the floor but didn't do their job), the other refers to the other team just running the floor ahead of you getting layup after layup.

Not the same Purdue team. Ask Arizona

No that's the problem, is that it is the same Purdue team, at least in terms of personnel. If you want to tell me you're a better, more skilled unit this year, sure I can believe that.

If you want to tell me that you magically closed the athletic gap that spelled your demise last season, well that's just not true. Arizona is a hot mess this season..... congrats I guess????

LOL, bury me? I don't think so. Not closing out in time on transition is NOT the same thing as getting beat in a track meet of a game. The first eludes to not picking up a man fast enough (IE: they were down the floor but didn't do their job), the other refers to the other team just running the floor ahead of you getting layup after layup.

Your own coach admits you couldn't keep them out of transition. Are you saying he's making that up?

What's your point? Last time I checked there's more to coaching than just recruiting stars. Hence the #3 ranking next to our name currently.
You're saying Jimmy's and Joe's don't matter? Jesus H. Christ. IU was ranked pretty high a number of times under Crean.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT