ADVERTISEMENT

OSU

good grief I inadvertently skipped over a fifth place finish.Wouldnt it have been more convenient to skip over one of the first place finishes?

Even with the addition of the fifth place finish, my pint stands....we need to be in the top 4 almost every year to run with the big dogs, top two to have a chance to be the lead dog

You might be the angriest poster I have ever seen on his board. Very reminiscent of an old jorts wearing fellow going by the name of coach zap

Angry? I said "how convenient." Yeah, I guess that's some seething rage there. BTW, you ever going to swallow your pride and throw out an apology for calling me a liar and telling me that my posts were figments of my imagination? Pretty sure I'm quoting you accurately.

Angry? I said "how convenient." Yeah, I guess that's some seething rage there. BTW, you ever going to swallow your pride and throw out an apology for calling me a liar and telling me that my posts were figments of my imagination? Pretty sure I'm quoting you accurately.
Go back to my first reply, I didn't say you were lying, I asked to see who said that....you took it the wrong way and as you usually do you overreacted and I went back at you

So no you aren't getting an apology Zap. Not after the bs you said

Not sure who this Zap is that you're referring to. Takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. Guess we know where that leaves you.

Not sure who this Zap is that you're referring to. Takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. Guess we know where that leaves you.
Ive admitted I was wrong more times than I'd like to admit, but not to a person who acts like you....try not being such an angry a*++h<€£

Technically, you were...you said that the claim I made was a figment of my imagination.
That was after you became a jerk

When I initially asked it was part curiosity, wondering who would be that stupid, and part disbelief that it was true..,.and then you acted the way you always act,

Internet muscles, gotta love them

Last edited:
I guess we're broadening the definition of "internet tough guy" to include people that merely point out that you're full of crap and cite publication, page number, quotes and authors to refute your snark. If that's the definition, then you can tag me with it. Beats "internet weenie" who can't sack up and take a simple wager.

I guess we're broadening the definition of "internet tough guy" to include people that merely point out that you're full of crap and cite publication, page number, quotes and authors to refute your snark. If that's the definition, then you can tag me with it. Beats "internet weenie" who can't sack up and take a simple wager.
No the Internet tough guy always applied to people that cuss and name call...like you just did....again

Internet tough guy means you say things here that you wouldn't say to someone's face

And you didn't cite anything, another poster did it for you

To be fair, you quoted two guys who are (and were) notorious for embellishing the talents of high schoolers, and neither Montross nor Bradley were the first guys to be unreasonably hyped. Suggesting that the comments of Gibbons and Vitale represented anything close to the mainstream view of those guys is to misrepresent it, at best.

Sorry to interrupt your righteous indignance.

I didn't cite Vitale. It was in his magazine, but none of the quotes were attributed to him, first off. Second, my point was that just because a "recruiting guru" affixes stars to someone's name or has projections for them doesn't mean that it's worth a squirt of piss. You're making my point for me, I think recruiting evaluations are hap-hazard at best and I was citing the most absurd example, but there are plenty out there. And yes, shirtsandskins, I'm the one who told you you could "suck it" and then provided the citation. Feel free to scroll back, find it, and admit you were wrong. Or don't admit you were wrong (again).

I didn't cite Vitale. It was in his magazine, but none of the quotes were attributed to him, first off. Second, my point was that just because a "recruiting guru" affixes stars to someone's name or has projections for them doesn't mean that it's worth a squirt of piss. You're making my point for me, I think recruiting evaluations are hap-hazard at best and I was citing the most absurd example, but there are plenty out there. And yes, shirtsandskins, I'm the one who told you you could "suck it" and then provided the citation. Feel free to scroll back, find it, and admit you were wrong. Or don't admit you were wrong (again).
I'm sorry muscles, I thought it was Niego

Btw, suck it? How old are you ?

It doesn't change the fact that recruiting gurus are, almost by definition, hype machines. They're trying to sell a product, so promotion has always been a part of it. Whether their views are "hap hazard, at best" is open to debate, however, it's highly likely that they have a much greater knowledge of the players they've actually seen than do you, so their opinions would carry far more weight. Your point had little substance, so no one was making it for you.

Old enough and experienced enough to say with absolute certainty I have better insight on college basketball than you.
Thats grear, muscles

I've never claimed to have a great insight....of course I'm also not the kinda guy that feels the need to go on the Internet and make threats and idiotic boasts. I guess I'm more secure than that

I hope you aren't like this in your personal life, that would be bad for any loved ones you might have

Wow! I thought I was reading a thread about OSU's declining basketball fortunes. Suddenly I get sucked into this melodrama. Holy cow! Maybe it is better to let the subject of basketball rest for a while. Maybe it needs to "age" a bit like whisky in the barrel. We can open it up later...

Wow! I thought I was reading a thread about OSU's declining basketball fortunes. Suddenly I get sucked into this melodrama. Holy cow! Maybe it is better to let the subject of basketball rest for a while. Maybe it needs to "age" a bit like whisky in the barrel. We can open it up later...
Personal threats tend to drag down a conversation

As does calling people liars. And nobody threatened you, only asked if you cared to make a wager. But, by all means, keep exaggerating.

Some people should not be allowed to sit at the grown-ups table.

It becomes clearer in the threads here that some fans really are content with a good program that usually does well in the Big Ten and also gets invited to the NCAA tournament. If they happen to win a game or two there, that's great, but it's not a huge deal if they don't.

Nothing wrong with those people or their idea of what constitutes success, it just shows how times and standards have changed. With all of that, I can see why many people are very supportive of Crean, since he's able to deliver those kind of results in many years.
It is equally true that many people have fallen for the CBS hype message that the only thing that matters is the NCAA tournament.

It is equally true that many people have fallen for the CBS hype message that the only thing that matters is the NCAA tournament.
CBS has said that "the only thing that matters is the NCAA tournament"? Can you link that quote for me?

CBS has said that "the only thing that matters is the NCAA tournament"? Can you link that quote for me?
How about during every game even in December the promo on CBS the Road to the Final Four, so they are promoting the tournament 4 months in advance. I have no problem with that since my favorite sporting event is the tournament. Even on the talk shows on ESPN there are a lot of people who say they don't even pay attention to college basketball until championship week.

How about during every game even in December the promo on CBS the Road to the Final Four, so they are promoting the tournament 4 months in advance. I have no problem with that since my favorite sporting event is the tournament. Even on the talk shows on ESPN there are a lot of people who say they don't even pay attention to college basketball until championship week.
Every game in December? Please link proof for that.

Running commercials means it's all that matters to them....why do they pay to televise regular season games?

Do you not watch any other games but IU games because if you watch any CBS college game you see promos saying the Road to the final four which I don't see a problem with.
I know you consider yourself a college basketball expert, even of that isn't shown in your posts, but it's just a part of their branding. It's dumb to say it's all they care about.

Reactions: Shirtsandskins
I know you consider yourself a college basketball expert, even of that isn't shown in your posts, but it's just a part of their branding. It's dumb to say it's all they care about.
I am not the one who said that is all they care about it was stuffshot that said that. I know it I part of their branding and I did not say I have a problem with that.

I am not the one who said that is all they care about it was stuffshot that said that. I know it I part of their branding and I did not say I have a problem with that.
He asked for an example or link and you replied with this stuff...if you weren't agreeing then why did you reply?

I don't know about four months in advance but here's a promo from a mid-January matchup between UNLV and Louisville back in 1991 that was at least six weeks out from the start of the NCAA Tournament. If you pay careful attention to the phrase showing on the screen at the very start of the promo, it might give a small hint at what the overriding theme is. UNLV won this one 97-85.

I don't know about four months in advance but here's a promo from a mid-January matchup between UNLV and Louisville back in 1991 that was at least six weeks out from the start of the NCAA Tournament. If you pay careful attention to the phrase showing on the screen at the very start of the promo, it might give a small hint at what the overriding theme is. UNLV won this one 97-85.

So does that mean that CBS only cares about the NCAAT? No it doesn't and that was the topic, until Scott chimed in

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT