ADVERTISEMENT

OSU

neigo

Junior
Feb 14, 2016
Does anyone know what is going on at OSU. Talked to a friend who is a former Div one player and with ties to the buckeye bb program. He said mattas seat is hotter than anyone realizes. His last 3 recruits are all 3 star recruits and the last one is a kid by the name of wesson ranked 295 in one service his dad keith played there years ago. Another is a jc transfer point guard by the name of jackson Mattas has wiffed on nearly every major re cruit out of ohio in the last number of years. I know he has had some health concerns but also had a number of internal problems last year.

Does anyone know what is going on at OSU. Talked to a friend who is a former Div one player and with ties to the buckeye bb program. He said mattas seat is hotter than anyone realizes. His last 3 recruits are all 3 star recruits and the last one is a kid by the name of wesson ranked 295 in one service his dad keith played there years ago. Another is a jc transfer point guard by the name of jackson Mattas has wiffed on nearly every major re cruit out of ohio in the last number of years. I know he has had some health concerns but also had a number of internal problems last year.
His last recruit is a legacy and the older brother of ther four star 2017 recruit

The whiffing on top recruits is dubious considering he did what you defend TC fior doing.,expanding his recruiting base...and like with TC it led to transfers

Tell your friend with D1 ties that 2016 Funderburk is a four star recruit

Reactions: hondo314
Funderburk is a good recruit but perhaps his only one ready to play. My friend said he is a talented kid but lacks strength and will struggle with physical play. Just suprised with all the openings that he is filling his roster with lower ranked kids. The jc kid has 3 years left. Wesson was signed perhaps to keeps his brother commited. Deron Davis far superior to Funderburk he would struggle to see any playing time at iu this year.

Funderburk is a good recruit but perhaps his only one ready to play. My friend said he is a talented kid but lacks strength and will struggle with physical play. Just suprised with all the openings that he is filling his roster with lower ranked kids. The jc kid has 3 years left. Wesson was signed perhaps to keeps his brother commited. Deron Davis far superior to Funderburk he would struggle to see any playing time at iu this year.
The openings came after all but one commit. Or Are you suggesting that Thad should fill slots before they are open? That would be unethical, right?

I guess i dont follow what your saying. Would you agree with Funder burk or is he better than i think.

Im from ohio so i have followed funderburks play for the last 2 years he did not devoloped as hoped. Will be a good player in time. Davis strength wise is more prepared to play. Probably also has more of a defined position.

Im from ohio so i have followed funderburks play for the last 2 years he did not devoloped as hoped. Will be a good player in time. Davis strength wise is more prepared to play. Probably also has more of a defined position.
So have you seen either of them play in a real game?

Reactions: Shirtsandskins
Along with 2 very good recruits and pretty good difference in talent on the present team. You think osu is struggling now give them another 1 or 2 years and they will really struggle. The other thing is I dont think that they are in on any of the 2017 kids from indiana unusual that there not at least mentioned. I stand to be corrected on that.

I mentioned i have only seen funderburk play. Only seen some extensive highlights of Davis. Cant always tell by them.

There is a poster on the other site who lives in Colorado who has seen him play who is very high on davis

Didnt say he was just davis strength wise is more prepared. But he would struggle to get playing time away time from OG and Morgan.

Didnt say he was just davis strength wise is more prepared. But he would struggle to get playing time away time from OG and Morgan.
This is what you said while now admitting that you've never seen Davis play: "Deron Davis far superior to Funderburk he would struggle to see any playing time at iu this year."

Meant to say far superior strenghth wise. Funderburk is 6 9 and barely over 200 and davis is 6 9 230

No from knowing Funderburk isnt very strong at all and go to their highlights and it will become very obvious. There also was a poster on here about 3 months ago who had seen davis play and said CTC has good problem on his hands. It will be hard for him to keep davis off the floor. He thought that him and bryant will be the best tandem big men iu has had in years. The last i seen davis was about 15 spots higher in most recruitin services.

Also keep in mind that osu recruits are going to have to play fair amount of min . They only have 5 or 6 players coming back

No from knowing Funderburk isnt very strong at all and go to their highlights and it will become very obvious. There also was a poster on here about 3 months ago who had seen davis play and said CTC has good problem on his hands. It will be hard for him to keep davis off the floor. He thought that him and bryant will be the best tandem big men iu has had in years. The last i seen davis was about 15 spots higher in most recruitin services.
So you're basing everything on something a poster said three months ago, and highlights? God bless you, and keep it coming ,you make me smile

I like that i need Gods Blessings Its good to know your man of faith need more of that in this country.

Smitty since you think so highly of Matta maybe you ought to apply
to be Matta's personal manservant. Then you can sniff Matta's shorts
all day before you do Matta's laundry.

Every time I read about the damn "stars" affixed to a recruit, I'm reminded of the recruiting gurus that predicted that Eric Montross vs. Shawn Bradley would be the Russell vs. Chamberlain for the turn-of-the-century.

Reactions: Wat Shot
Every time I read about the damn "stars" affixed to a recruit, I'm reminded of the recruiting gurus that predicted that Eric Montross vs. Shawn Bradley would be the Russell vs. Chamberlain for the turn-of-the-century.
And they were both lottery picks...and please show me where anyone said that

The O$U will always be a football school. Urb is big man on campus, Basketball is just something to do in Ohio before Spring Football starts.

Reactions: Dallas Fred
Smitty since you think so highly of Matta maybe you ought to apply
to be Matta's personal manservant. Then you can sniff Matta's shorts
all day before you do Matta's laundry.
Where didi say anything about thinking so high of him? Is he a good coach? Absolutely but I do think something inside the program there is wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT