ADVERTISEMENT

Official Vance /Walz debate thread

Lots of back and forth, but Walz killed it on Jan 6. Vance wanted no part of that subject and it was painfully obvious in how desperately he tried to pivot...Also I thought Walz had the superior closing as well. In the end Trump voters will say Vance won, and Harris voters will say Walz won...

I don't feel like Vance did anything to convince undecideds...

Reactions: Ohio Guy
Lots of back and forth, but Walz killed it on Jan 6. Vance wanted no part of that subject and it was painfully obvious in how desperately he tried to pivot...Also I thought Walz had the superior closing as well. In the end Trump voters will say Trump won, and Harris voters will say Walz won...

Vance had the best closing. He touched on every salient point that has made life harder and more expensive under Harris that trump inexplicably is incapable of clearly articulating

Lots of back and forth, but Walz killed it on Jan 6. Vance wanted no part of that subject and it was painfully obvious in how desperately he tried to pivot...Also I thought Walz had the superior closing as well. In the end Trump voters will say Vance won, and Harris voters will say Walz won...

he brought up joy and taylor swift

lol

And Vance spent most of the debate trying to pretend that a VP has anything to do with proposing policy and any actual role in governing, other than being President of the Senate. I see the strategy of trying to make Biden/Harris the same person, but I wonder are there really that many people stupid enough to fall for that?

I mean at one point Vance said something about Harris's 2020 covid policy. Do people believe that when the mob chanted "Hang Mike Pence" they meant "Hang Donald Trump" as well?

That's how ridiculously uninformed you have to be to accept the notion that a VP and POTUS are interchangeable and do the same job. You could tell how much they desperately wished they were running against Joe Biden...

Reactions: Ohio Guy
Vance wins. But Walz surprised me in a positive way. I wonder if his pen is out of ink? Vance didn’t need notes.
Vance was excellent at debate and I expected as much. It’s an academic exercise. Walz was wayyyy better than I thought and not nearly as tampon woke goofball.

Both guys won.

Shame the old unhinged crank and diversity appointment are at the top of the tickets

I love my country.
sized-170983061.jpg

Vance is better. but walz is good enough and way better than both Harris and trump .
The moderators protected Walz. Except for his most recent lie about where he was during Tiananmen square, they were crickets about Walz’s BLM negative record and Kamala’s failures. Yet they asked several negative questions about Trump. Despite this, Vance was terrific. Had Walz received the Vance treatment he would have folded like a cheap suit. But walz is much more capable than Kamala.

Reactions: DANC
This is a loser for Vance. No matter how you phrase it, the Roe debate is an electoral winner for Dems.
You are right. Abortion is a thing because the issue only helps the Democrats. The president has nearly zero authority over it. And I remain unpersuaded that congress can either ban it or command that the states allow it.

Reactions: DANC
The moderators protected Walz. Except for his most recent lie about where he was during Tiananmen square, they were crickets about Walz’s BLM negative record and Kamala’s failures. Yet they asked several negative questions about Trump. Despite this, Vance was terrific. Had Walz received the Vance treatment he would have folded like a cheap suit. But walz is much more capable than Kamala.
Walz lied about the abortion bill he signed

Reactions: Lucy01
That must upset you because constitutionally the VP doesn't have the power to order Chinese takeout. Cast tie votes in the Senate and replace the president, that's all the Constitution allows.

Constitutionally empowered or not, the VP is empowered by the POTUS whatever duties directly tasked with and agreed to.

The VP may be mostly a ceremonial position, but she was green lit and agreed to the above responsibilities...and by any and all measures failed at it...unceremoniously.

Last edited:
And Vance spent most of the debate trying to pretend that a VP has anything to do with proposing policy and any actual role in governing, other than being President of the Senate. I see the strategy of trying to make Biden/Harris the same person, but I wonder are there really that many people stupid enough to fall for that?

I mean at one point Vance said something about Harris's 2020 covid policy. Do people believe that when the mob chanted "Hang Mike Pence" they meant "Hang Donald Trump" as well?

That's how ridiculously uninformed you have to be to accept the notion that a VP and POTUS are interchangeable and do the same job. You could tell how much they desperately wished they were running against Joe Biden...
That's a whole lot of words to say, "I can't be objective on this."

All of you like McMurtry and CO saying Vance was a bad pick are completely clueless. He's the future of the Republican party. The RINO wing is dead.

• Love
Reactions: Lucy01
The only thing that disappoints me and would stop me from voting for Vance in the future, is because he doesn’t have Tattoos or purple hair.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT