ADVERTISEMENT

Official Trump/Harris debate commentary thread

The article you linked says Mark Penn suggests someone may have rigged "the outcome of the debate." OK, fine.

There really is no "outcome of the debate" like a football score,. But if we are going to spend time investigating a rigging, we should reslly investigate Trump's motives for his point-shaving scandal that made him look even more unqualified than Republicans thought he was before they heard him debate somebody other than Joe Biden. Trump owed it to the Anerican electorate not to look so unqualified.

The article you linked says Mark Penn suggests someone may have rigged "the outcome of the debate." OK, fine.

There really is no "outcome of the debate" like a football score,. But if we are going to spend time investigating a rigging, we should reslly investigate Trump's motives for his point-shaving scandal that made him look even more unqualified than Republicans thought he was before they heard him debate somebody other than Joe Biden. Trump owed it to the Anerican electorate not to look so unqualified.
Trump sucked at the debate. Partially from the bushwhacking from the moderators. That’s still on him.

But the supposed moderators owed Americans to put Kamala on the spot too. If they were unbiased moderators they would have called out Kamala when she ignored the first question to tell us about her childhood.

She did the same thing today with the interview in PA. Again the journalist didn’t call her out when she answered his inflation question with her childhood story. Why the hell don’t supposed journalists push her for an answer or make her uncomfortable? You and I both know the answer to that. They’re on the Kamala team.

If Shaq goes 2 for 20 from the free throws line while Alford goes 18-20, nobody should dare call out Shaq for missing FTs without calling out Alford.

Got it.

Trump sucked at the debate. Partially from the bushwhacking from the moderators. That’s still on him.

But the supposed moderators owed Americans to put Kamala on the spot too. If they were unbiased moderators they would have called out Kamala when she ignored the first question to tell us about her childhood.

She did the same thing today with the interview in PA. Again the journalist didn’t call her out when she answered his inflation question with her childhood story. Why the hell don’t supposed journalists push her for an answer or make her uncomfortable? You and I both know the answer to that. They’re on the Kamala team.

Some of that “bushwhacking” by the mods was dispelling stupid falsehoods on the spot, like that old chestnut “post birth abortions”.

There simply weren’t as many. They could’ve dispelled Kamala’s “both sides” partial quote that has been repeatedly been leveled at trump
They indeed should have fixed that. They gave her a free pass on her first lie, and gave Trump a free pass on his first 20 lies.

Can you imagine a speaker like Reagan or Bill Clinton or Obama (1) looking as bad as Trump did and then (2) blaming it on the moderators?

Going back into history, can you imagine LBJ, JFK or FDR looking as bad as Trump
and then blaming it on the media of those times? What the hell -- can you imagine Jimmy Carter, Gerald Ford, John Kerry, Al Gore, Nixon, John McCain, either Bush or any of the others performing that poorly?

A President should be able to overcome a mere moderator for 60-90 minutes and still look Presidential. Putin, Xi, Kim Jong-Un, Margaret Thatcher or Angela Merkel would be far tougher than the moderators. Trump proved himself incapable of handling the moment, no matter if you think the moderators should have acted differently. He failed.

In this debate, there were times that Trump looked incapable of even handling Sarah Palin.

Can you imagine a speaker like Reagan or Bill Clinton or Obama (1) looking as bad as Trump did and then (2) blaming it on the moderators?

Going back into history, can you imagine LBJ, JFK or FDR looking as bad as Trump
and then blaming it on the media of those times? What the hell -- can you imagine Jimmy Carter, Gerald Ford, John Kerry, Al Gore, Nixon, John McCain, either Bush or any of the others performing that poorly?

A President should be able to overcome a mere moderator for 60-90 minutes and still look Presidential. Putin, Xi, Kim Jong-Un, Margaret Thatcher or Angela Merkel would be far tougher than the moderators. Trump proved himself incapable of handling the moment, no matter if you think the moderators should have acted differently. He failed.

In this debate, there were times that Trump looked incapable of even handling Sarah Palin.
I’ve said over and over he sucked.

Kamala was given a free ride. It’s going to continue. So be it.

Silly comparison...Debates then were mostly civilized----without media bias. Politics have changed. You know this.

Answwer me this--------Why wouldnt Kamala agree to a debate, covered by FOX? Why did it have to be ABC, and her Disney friend?

Why wasnt Kamala pushed more? Why wasnt there pressure put on her? Why no questions about her past policy stances, to her sudden change? Why is she backing off from Biden? Seems to me those would be some pretty good, and important questions to ask----And answers deserved by us.

Right?

Reactions: DANC
Silly comparison...Debates then were mostly civilized----without media bias. Politics have changed. You know this.

Answwer me this--------Why wouldnt Kamala agree to a debate, covered by FOX? Why did it have to be ABC, and her Disney friend?

Why wasnt Kamala pushed more? Why wasnt there pressure put on her? Why no questions about her past policy stances, to her sudden change? Why is she backing off from Biden? Seems to me those would be some pretty good, and important questions to ask----And answers deserved by us.

Right?
We'll never know because President Trump is scared and has stated that he won't debate again. Too bad that he's chicken. It would be a good opportunity to test VP Harris.

Reactions: UncleMark

Right?
She touted that Bidenomics was working so why wouldn't she want to continue the path? Harris told a lot of lies about Trump ie he incited a riot on Jan 6. I guess she didn't watch the video of him saying, "go make your voices heard peacefully".

She touted that Bidenomics was working so why wouldn't she want to continue the path? Harris told a lot of lies about Trump ie he incited a riot on Jan 6. I guess she didn't watch the video of him saying, "go make your voices heard peacefully".
Pastor. If you think about her promiscuity and Willie brown and her willingness to lie and say and do anything to gain power is it possible that the debil has her and is working through her?

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and BCCHoosier
Pastor. If you think about her promiscuity and Willie brown and her willingness to lie and say and do anything to gain power is it possible that the debil has her and is working through her?
Don't. He'll actually think your being serious. Your humor goes over their head.

No outrage over SIGNING an American flag on 9-11? No respect for the flag at all. Might as well have wiped his a$$ with it.

We'll never know because President Trump is scared and has stated that he won't debate again. Too bad that he's chicken. It would be a good opportunity to test VP Harris.
3 out of 10....

Scared? Of what?

Why wont Kamala agree to a debate outside of her backyard?

You saying she only told ONE lie?
That's what several different fact checkers found. Bald face proven lies were 33-1. There were other degrees of deception, such as half truths, misrepresentations, exaggerations, etc. Trump dominated in all categories.

No outrage over SIGNING an American flag on 9-11? No respect for the flag at all. Might as well have wiped his a$$ with it.
Dictator, I tell ya....

No issues when people burn the flag, or kneel to it, though huh.

Is it a good look? Nope. Shouldnt have done it. I say burn him at the stake----name KH POTUS. Cannot have this type of behavior.

Dictator, I tell ya....

No issues when people burn the flag, or kneel to it, though huh.
LOTS of issues, with EITHER.

All desecration of the flag is unacceptable. Unless it's one of those combos of Trump 2024 and the Confederate Battle flag. I saw one of those today. Up your alley, or not?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT