ADVERTISEMENT

Mullins

UK visit not canceled. Will be his last visit. Might be a money play to get us or UConn to pony up. Just my thought.

Timing is about as good as you could hope for, should be a great crowd with the way Cig has the team playing.
Sleepers story today, saying that IU, UCONN, UM and UK are all doing inhomes with Braylon again this week. He just finished his UNC visit, and they're absent, which I can see, but then he's coming to visit us Friday, so... Think they said their source was 24/7/Rabjohns. Could this have been the in-homes a couple weeks ago? They reported on that too, so I wouldn't think so, and I think UNC was in then also. Weird recruitment. Can we just get he and Haralson as a start?

Reactions: Willray
Sleepers story today, saying that IU, UCONN, UM and UK are all doing inhomes with Braylon again this week. He just finished his UNC visit, and they're absent, which I can see, but then he's coming to visit us Friday, so... Think they said their source was 24/7/Rabjohns. Could this have been the in-homes a couple weeks ago? They reported on that too, so I wouldn't think so, and I think UNC was in then also. Weird recruitment. Can we just get he and Haralson as a start?
IU is doing in homes with Haralson and Mullins this week.

so, in roughly a 1 month period we've done 2 in-homes, he's been on campus for a private visit and has an official this week? How many i's are there to dot in NiL?
If we miss out on the 25' Indiana kids, it won't be for lack of effort on our staff's part. They've been on Haralson, Mullins, and Sisley for longer, and more actively, than any other program has...really in each of their cases.

It would actually be alarming, for that reason. We have the money. We have the playing time opportunity. Woody has sent both guards and bigs to the NBA draft. We've showed them plenty of attention and love. If they ALL choose other schools, something is broken with Woody's approach to the longer, drawn out, more traditional recruiting processes.

Obviously lets let them play out though...as in all fairness, this is only Woody's 4th offseason recruiting IU. And the 24' Indiana kids weren't a group like this one. This is his first group of in state kids he'd have had the opportunity to recruit over a multiple year period of time.

He’s a guard whose never seen a shot he didn’t like.
Yeah, wouldn't seem to be attractive as a teammate for Mullins, although I'm sure he (JJ) thinks he'll be one and done. I've only seen Mullins once aside from highlights and that was a showcase AAU game, which didn't count for anything, and while his shot looked great, he was off and he looked to me like a guy that's probably going to need a year in college to add strength and adjust. Just from that game I didn't get the impression he would be a day one starter at the likes of a UCONN, UNC, UK... and hopefully IU. We're losing Galloway for sure, so that opens minutes and I hear rumblings that Carlyle and Rice think they might only be here a year, so if Carlyle were to leave, then we have a big hole at the 2. Even backing him up, Braylon would get TG's minutes.

Does Mullins recruitment make it to the Kentucky visit date? Johnson is pretty much a skilled ball hog. Caleb Love is great example

The family has enjoyed the attention and are having a lot of fun with it but it's been Indiana. Hurley has been persistent but the family commute to Connecticut nipped that in the bud so they've pivoted to Darius Adam's. They canceled Duke after seeing the logistics on the UNC visit. UK has the biggest NIL offer on the board but Johnson and their recent attention to Acaden Lewis has shown that they're pivoting. We're coming to an end here. He's supposed to cut his list to 5 next week. He'll probably set a date after that.

Reactions: edub72 and kkott
The family has enjoyed the attention and are having a lot of fun with it but it's been Indiana. Hurley has been persistent but the family commute to Connecticut nipped that in the bud so they've pivoted to Darius Adam's. They canceled Duke after seeing the logistics on the UNC visit. UK has the biggest NIL offer on the board but Johnson and their recent attention to Acaden Lewis has shown that they're pivoting. We're coming to an end here. He's supposed to cut his list to 5 next week. He'll probably set a date after that.
Hope you're right!

I wonder what Mullins and Sisley's respective relationships with Haralson are? Haralson and Sisley played together for Indy Heat last summer. From a pure basketball standpoint, all 3 of them compliment each other very well. Mullins, I would guess, probably hasn't had a ton of contact with Haralson? But Sisley and he have played a ton of ball together.

I wonder what Mullins and Sisley's respective relationships with Haralson are? Haralson and Sisley played together for Indy Heat last summer. From a pure basketball standpoint, all 3 of them compliment each other very well. Mullins, I would guess, probably hasn't had a ton of contact with Haralson? But Sisley and he have played a ton of ball together.
That was 2 years ago. Sisely was at Indy elite last year. Supposedly some think they won’t end up together for some reason. Not sure what or if anything happened.

That was 2 years ago. Sisely was at Indy elite last year. Supposedly some think they won’t end up together for some reason. Not sure what or if anything happened.
Yup. I was wondering if the "last" versus "this" summer would trip someone up. The summer of 23...he and Haralson played together.

Those rumors are prevalent, hope they're unfounded. Was hoping you, or someone else, would have some inside info on all that.

The part I've never understood about them is Haralson is certainly not a traditional "ball hog" in how he plays. Much more of an all around stat stuffer...willing passer...etc... He does dominate the ball a little bit, so in a sense I guess he does "hog" the ball, but definitely not how that term is usually used...so I'm not sure how that would harm or effect Sisley, who isn't a ball handler at all? Just from a basketball perspective, I would think most anyone would enjoy playing on his teams??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT