ADVERTISEMENT

Fed cuts rates by half a percentage point.

Several attempts have been made in the past to cap credit card rates (as recently as last year by Hawley). Hawley proposed 18%. Bernie and AOC tried to get it capped at 15% in 2019. Both measures failed.
So Trump thinks he can cap it at 10%? Good luck with that.

He doesn't actually care - this is what our country's Presidential race has devolved into. A race to the bottom using populist rhetoric that is unrealistic and stupid.

Sort of like how the FED controls rates 😁

It doesn't technically "control" rates. It provides targets for the Effective Federal Funds Rate.

e75641c55e7fdcade460e32f1fe74d5c.gif

I'd suggest cutting up the cards and living within ones means, but I'm weird that way.
Then we are both weird that way. Unfortunately for many the CC balances have exploded during the past few years due to increased prices.

Then we are both weird that way. Unfortunately for many the CC balances have exploded during the past few years due to increased prices.
We use CCs for the rewards. We just pay off the total balance each month. Card use is not really the issue. It’s rolling balances over and accruing interest that gets people in trouble.

Reactions: UncleMark
Except for a travel rewards card that I use only when traveling, pay it off immediately, and get cash back or points rewards, I haven't used a credit card in 15 years. I ones that I once had (Discover, Capitol One) got cancelled due to lack of use. Debit card & cash is the way to go.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT