ADVERTISEMENT

Official Trump/Harris debate commentary thread

I am a Taylor Swift fan. Especially her earlier music before she went all "I am women, hear me roar"

I hope one day she finds true happiness and peace.
Oh I like her as a person just fine. But I don't listen to the radio and couldn't hum a single chorus from a single Taylor Swift song...

More proof Trump won.

GE Mitchell sounds like another one of those MAGA polls who emerged in the 2022 campaign, flooded the system and convinced (some) people that a red wave was coming. Other examples include Insider Advantage, Trafalgar and various polling entities that you posted here daily...

These are truly two of the best in the business who were debunking those 2022 red wave polls before the fact...

I may have missed it, but I didn't see anyone mentioning a tangible example of how Harris won. In the 24 hours post debate the Harris Walz campapign raised $47 Million thru the contributions of 600,000 people. No word from Trump on their numbers, which means they likely aren't anywhere close...

Based on what I've heard previously a significant amount of these new funds will likely be sent down ballot to House and Senate campaigns in key races...

GE Mitchell sounds like another one of those MAGA polls who emerged in the 2022 campaign, flooded the system and convinced (some) people that a red wave was coming. Other examples include Insider Advantage, Trafalgar and various polling entities that you posted here daily...

These are truly two of the best in the business who were debunking those 2022 red wave polls before the fact...

It's 2020 polls overstated Biden by over 5 points.

Reactions: DANC
Um...sure, okay.

pat-pat-pat.gif
Hey, did you hear Kamala wants to take the tax off tips? I wonder where she got that idea?

Reactions: Ty Webb iu
Hey, did you hear Kamala wants to take the tax off tips? I wonder where she got that idea?
In eight or nine years, maybe Trump will have a plan for it. That would be substantially faster than his plan for repealing Obamacare.

In eight or nine years, maybe Trump will have a plan for it. That would be substantially faster than his plan for repealing Obamacare.
He didn't have the votes to repeal Obamacare, but he got rid of the parts he could.

With a Republican Congress, which he'll have, he'll be able to get more done.

Reactions: Ty Webb iu
Wow, it's shocking that Chris Wallace, who was fired for being so biased against Trump as a debate moderator, is trashing Trump now.

Who could have predicted that?
I would like to see a debate with Wallace and Brit Hume asking policy questions to each and then correcting both of their inaccuracies. It would show how piss poor they both are at discussing policy

It really is embarrassingly stupid. This line/thought was among many that struck me as particularly moronic...

"Team Harris immediately calling for a second debate last night gives off the impression that they didn't get the performance from her that they needed to alter the course of the contest."

I would argue that not only did they get exactly what they wanted and more (Orban,Shokin), but that the series of ads they released in the last few days synced perfectly with the attacks she landed on him last night. And it's pretty amazing how often he exhibited exactly the type of ludicrous behavior the ads alluded to... She pointed out how easy it was to manipulate him and then gave a masterclass in doing exactly that...

MTN?

• Haha
I would like to see a debate with Wallace and Brit Hume asking policy questions to each and then correcting both of their inaccuracies. It would show how piss poor they both are at discussing policy
Speaking of policy, did you see Vance the other day? He's a master. Murt is an absolute moron for questioning his pick. I dare anyone to watch this and say he was a bad choice.

Depends how you define smart. I know smart lawyers who are not fast spontaneous thinkers. Trump should have confronted the moderators, they also gave him some prime opportunities. That could have changed the whole tone of the debate.
So then, had Trump done what you suggest, would that have enabled him to lie better? To have something more than a "concept" about how to fix healthcare after eight fricking years of promising that he and only he would fix healthcare ??

Stop dodging. Trump did it to himself.

If Republicans would have nominated DeSantis instead of Trump….it wouldn’t even be a fair fight
He's as weird as Vance and Trump is .. and far more awkward.

I think you mean Haley, she at least appears normal.

Last edited:
They might lie, I have no idea. But the people still wanting to be on his gravy train have a reason to lie too, do they not? So how do we know who is lying? Do we have a right to know what happens behind closed doors? I think there are good and hard questions about this. I am not sure it is in the best interests to air all dirty laundry especially if it is fake. On the other hand, I'm not sure a blanket cone of silence makes any sense either. Shouldn't we know of corruption and/or misconduct?
We do know of corruption and misconduct:
25axelrodWeb-superJumbo.jpg

So, you claim Trump couldn't handle "the moderators" (one of whom Trump claimed to have "bad hair") but you nonetheless think he can handle Putin, Xi and Chrissy Teigen, all at the same time ??

You must be a very special deep thinker.
Have you read the latest with Ukraine? Not good. Do you know who the vp is today? The president? Was that going on when trump was president?

Reuters Ipsos hahahaha. The had Biden +10 in 2020. Huge over sample of Dems. Least accurate pollster there is.
2020?? Why are you obsessed with the past??

In 2020, Tampa beat Kansas City, 31-9 in the Super Bowl. Would you take that bet today?? Of course not.

2020 doesn't count any more (except in the basal parts of your head).

Staying with your sports analogy here, the win was a trouncing one for Harris. Unfortunately I fear it won’t amount to much come “tourney time”, aka Election Day. It’s about as meaningful as a mid-season game. At best, we can point to it after the fact as something that indicated a weakness or disconnect for the loser.

Weirdly, the debate was low risk for trump. He can lose, and it just doesn’t matter to most of his followers. While he does have policies, he’s not running on substance or hoping for a good performance. His appeal is on a completely different level. Whereas Harris needed to show well, which she did. She made him look like a fool, which he is.
He does not have "policies."

When asked during the debate about his plan for healthcare (on which he campaigned incessantly in 2016), he admitted he only had a "concept." So, eight years later, Trump has no healthcare policy.

Please provide a link for Trump's new, brilliant "healthcare" plan.

He does not have "policies."

When asked during the debate about his plan for healthcare (on which he campaigned incessantly in 2016), he admitted he only had a "concept." So, eight years later, Trump has no healthcare policy.

Please provide a link for Trump's new, brilliant "healthcare" plan.
How about not reverse title 42 remain in Mexico wall funding and asylum agreements. How about not attacking big energy and trying to switch to electric overnight. How about not giving out so much free cheese we’re all stuck with elevated prices.

How about those policies?

Have you read the latest with Ukraine? Not good. Do you know who the vp is today? The president? Was that going on when trump was president?
Was it going on when Harris was President?

You surely have heard there is a difference between serving as President and serving as Vice President (but maybe you haven't).

41678A-my-country-has-in-its-wisdom-contrived-me-most-insignificant-john-adams.png

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Was it going on when Harris was President?

You surely have heard there is a difference between serving as President and serving as Vice President (but maybe you haven't).

41678A-my-country-has-in-its-wisdom-contrived-me-most-insignificant-john-adams.png
Ahhhh it’s so insignificant she was coronated. Hmmmmmm. And from the sounds of things getting worse

Lmao you do t like looking backwards bc the comparisons are painful. Affordable prices. Cheap gas. Low interest rates. World peace. Within a year your dumbass crowd fckd it all up and you still vote for it in hopes you’ll get a bigger welfare check. Fing weasel

You run from policy talk and stick with jan 6. Weasel. All foam no beer.
You don't like looking back and admitting what reslly happened and the fact that your guy supported it:
211228143857-12-jan-6-capitol-unf-restricted.jpg

Deal with it. The Republicans won't.

It's 2020 polls overstated Biden by over 5 points.
Polls do have a tendency to underestimate Trump support. People who lean Trump seem to be hesitant to admit it, even to an anonymous pollster. Maybe they know he's a racist misogynist felon and that supporting him paints them as possibly being scum as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT