ADVERTISEMENT

Official Trump/Harris debate commentary thread

That is pretty common. When is the last time you recall a politician answer every question they were asked?

Both sides do it. They turn an answer into what they really want to talk about

Reactions: DANC
I know you’re driven by emotion. Why do you want to remind me of that?

LOL! Any objective person watching last night saw how horribly unfit Trump is to be President.
He’s awful at debate. Unprepared. That doesn’t sanitize records. He has a record in office she has a record in office. 4 years vs 45 minutes each. He was terrible last night. But he is still not a progressive.

Reactions: DANC and stollcpa
You should go back and watch her debate with Pence. She did very well in that and had a similar performance last night.

Also, as a lawyer yourself, I'm kind of shocked that you'd call someone who reached a fairly high point in your profession a moron.
She never distinguished her self as a member of my profession let alone reached a high point.

He would have destroyed her, which is why he was my pick to begin with.

Full disclosure, I don't have much to add because I didn't watch. I can't stand Harris and I ****ing hate where her party is at. I refuse to vote for then for anything. Flat out. So I am an unwinnable voter for them.

On the other hand, Trump and all the Trump circus around him got old awhile ago. I agree with some of what I think his points are but he is a terrible thought leader. We are going to very possibly be wandering and wondering in the wilderness fo another 4 ****ing years because the GOP has two factions that would rather be right than win. The Never Trumpers and the Trumpers are both equally ****ing annoying in my book. 8 years of having dumbasses like Biden and Harris leading us and it is equally the fault of both.

Should have been Ron. I said that months ago. Hope everyone on the right is happy. Loser ****ing party that could **** up a wet dream.
He shouldn’t have been the GOP candidate in 2016, 2020 or 2024. That is 100 percent the fault of the Trumpers.

How about Trump speaking at the Heritage Foundation two years ago, as they were in the early stages of formulating Project 2025, and praising them for "creating a guide for my next administration"?

We've linked the tape. It happened.

Now that the plan that he encouraged, made by his sycophants, is completed and faces backlash for its extremism, he plays dumb about the whole thing to try to sidestep political damage.

Try being intellectually honest for a change.
The document was not in existence.

I'm not counting any chickens yet. 90% of people won't be changing their minds regardless of debate performance. And since popular vote doesn't matter in this country, Trump still has a chance if the EC falls right.
Biden beat Trump in the electoral college 306-232. Look for a similar margin this time around.

Last night was an unmitigated disaster for the Trump campaign. Trump was awful in June, too, but as someone else said, Biden's implosion overshadowed that. Too bad for the GOP that it's too late to switch Trump out.

They were rehearsed answers. Same lines from her other speeches. We won’t go back. All she demonstrated was the ability to be calm. She wasn’t even grilled on anything. She did nothing impressive. At all.

It’s just that trump was so incredibly bad. Shockingly bad

I heard a lot of statements that were in response to Trump statements.

Hell. I cudda kicked her ass last night. Any articulate Republican could have. we know her history. She didn’t receive a single Democratic vote in 2020, for good reasons, she is a moron. Last night didn’t change that.

More than two thirds of us believe the country is in the wrong track, she offered nothing to fix anything. At least Trump mumbled about his record.

Think about the substance she delivered. There isn’t any. She has a record that she never mentioned or modified. How would energy, the Middle East. Ukraine, the border of inflation improve with her calling the shots? I’ll wait.
She pulled out before the first primary, but her name was still on the ballot for the first state or two. She got 822 votes, IIRC, so don’t be disrespectful of those people. 😉

• Haha
Reactions: CO. Hoosier
I heard a lot of statements that were in response to Trump statements.
What do you say about your record as the second most liberal senator this century as you now claim to be a moderate

Why have you changed positions on fracking. What changed?

Why have you changed your position on defunding the police?

Why did you wait three years to do anything about the border

Why didn’t you speak up about Biden’s condition? Didn’t the country have a right to know?

You cite your time as prosecutor but sources have said you dismissed xxxxx cases just before trial bc you weren’t prepared for trial

You talk about all the things you’re going to change. You’ve been in office three years

Are you for packing the s.Ct as many have said.

On and on and don’t accept a nonresponsive answer

What do you say about your record as the second most liberal senator this century as you now claim to be a moderate

Why have you changed positions on fracking. What changed?

Why have you changed your position on defunding the police?

Why did you wait three years to do anything about the border

Why didn’t you speak up about Biden’s condition? Didn’t the country have a right to know?

You cite your time as prosecutor but sources have said you dismissed xxxxx cases just before trial bc you weren’t prepared for trial

You talk about all the things you’re going to change. You’ve been in office three years

Are you for packing the s.Ct as many have said.

On and on and don’t accept a nonresponsive answer

That’s not at all responsive to what I typed.

She got under Trumps skin by lying about him. A moron can do that.

Did she say anything about putting the country on the right track?
What seemed to start him on his angry path was her saying the truth about him constantly lying about the size of his rallies. Those lies are very important to his self esteem which is why he includes these obvious and outrageous lies in the opening segment of every rally he has. He somehow had 105,000 for a rally in a venue that couldn’t hold 25,000 if they were stacked like firewood. He claimed 15,000 at the rally where his ear was shot. We saw the video and 5,000 would be a very generous estimate. He isn’t a stable person.

@IU_Hickory harris was 30 dating 60 yr old brown who groomed her through the political machine. On top of everything else you have no idea how politics works. Now you can say she was aspiring and savvy and I agree. She’s not without talents. But her talents are not unlike trump - branding etc. Very light on substance. If you didn’t have such a childish attitude I could teach you so much and you wouldn’t wander blindly ignorant. It’s a shame

Reactions: stollcpa and DANC
Desantis is a dope that is 💯 unlikeable. I don't think he is a particularly good debater. Nikki Haley, however, is very good and would have cleaned Harris' clock.

In full disclosure, i would have voted for Haley had she gotten the nomination. She is actually likable. The Geezers like Trump and Biden need to go away.
They need to go away, but not because they are geezers.

Reactions: stollcpa
Poor, poor Trump. Always the victim.

When you're blaming the moderators, you know you've lost.
You are right. When the mods debated Trump I told my stoker Trump should have said “you are not running for office, your role here is to ask questions”. These candidates all seem to be intimidated by mods. I wouldn’t fall for that.

Reactions: stollcpa
  • Haha
Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT