ADVERTISEMENT

Official Debate Thread (Now With Rulez)

"Will you shut up man."

Be careful, Joe. You don't want to get in the mud with him.

"Will you shut up man."

Be careful, Joe. You don't want to get in the mud with him.
I dunno . . . part of me thinks Joe has to . . . the voting public expects a president to deal with the pigs for them. If a candidate is perceived not to be able to do that, the default is to the pig.

Most Americans think at an 8th grade level, and their emotional intelligence is about that level too. That's what Joe is up against right now.

I dunno . . . part of me thinks Joe has to . . . the voting public expects a president to deal with the pigs for them. If a candidate is perceived not to be able to do that, the default is to the pig.

Most Americans think at an 8th grade level, and their emotional intelligence is about that level too. That's what Joe is up against right now.
Trump is firmly cementing in all the women votes he lost. Trump’s not gaining a single vote tonight as long as Biden doesn’t shit his pants.

Reactions: UncleMark
The moderator needs to be able to turn off mikes.

Wallace doesn't recognise that Trump is doing exactly what his fans would like to see. Some one who is will to taken on the conventional or status quo.
No need for facts. It's how trump presents himself that will make him the defacto winner

Which nation? To the citizens of Trumpistan, he's a revered hero
It'll be interesting to see whether the polls move any appreciable amounts. I heard a radio report that in 2016 undecideds constituted 16% of the voting public, and in 2020 it's down to 7%. If Biden's lead widens, or more folks become undecided then this debate will be consequential. If things stay the same, then this debate will also be consequential, but in a different way . . . it'll be consolidation of positions instead of flow of voters out of one camp . . . .

Joe addressing the camera directly, Trump looking at Biden or Wallace the whole time.

I’m out. I couldn’t take another minute. Aside from all the other 1,000 character flaws Trump has, he’s supremely annoying. Like the most annoying human ever.
You lasted longer than I did. I quit about 20 minutes ago.

Trump thrives on attention . . . I have other uses for my energy.

Trump refuses to answer the income tax question.

Now just lied, said he paid millions in Federal Income Tax in 2016 and 2017 after hedging all he could.

I’m out. I couldn’t take another minute. Aside from all the other 1,000 character flaws Trump has, he’s supremely annoying. Like the most annoying human ever.

I understand your viewpoint. Trump only knows how to bring down the level of discourse to a place where statesmen won’t go otherwise. He only knows barroom fighting. This is painful.

Closing down the country again is a huge issue
Maybe . . . maybe not . . . it's a risk assessment issue, and Trump wants to treat it solely as an economic issue. IMO, any decision to close or reopen the country depends on the science . . . and Trump ain't doing that. He's neutered any influence the CDC might have had by prioritizing short-term economic activity over medical issues and long-term economic activity.

I understand your viewpoint. Trump only knows how to bring down the level of discourse to a place where statesmen won’t go otherwise. He only knows barroom fighting. This is painful.
I'd like to see how Trump might handle a bar room fight. My bet would be he would get beaten up pretty badly in most bar rooms . . .

. . . I just don't think he's anything of who his base thinks he is.

Reactions: PhyloeBedoe
Trump refuses to answer the income tax question.

Now just lied, said he paid millions in Federal Income Tax in 2016 and 2017 after hedging all he could.
Joe ought to call his bluff and ask Trump to release his tax returns just like he did . . . .

Maybe . . . maybe not . . . it's a risk assessment issue, and Trump wants to treat it solely as an economic issue. IMO, any decision to close or reopen the country depends on the science . . . and Trump ain't doing that. He's neutered any influence the CDC might have had by prioritizing short-term economic activity over medical issues and long-term economic activity.
Every business owner I know fears Biden because they fear he’ll shut it down again. Period. They don’t give squat about the worthless cdc.

I'd like to see how Trump might handle a bar room fight. My bet would be he would get beaten up pretty badly in most bar rooms . . .

. . . I just don't think he's anything of who his base thinks he is.

They just don't know the difference between what a tough guy is supposed to be and a run of the mill bully. It a sad reflection of their past or childhood, I suspect

I nominate GOAT to be the moderator for this debate between the two old farts. He certainly won't do a worse job than Wallace is doing.

Reactions: Bill4411
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT