ADVERTISEMENT

O$U trolls??

You're an embarrassment to your fellow O$U fans. Google 'comparing statistics' and understand that Ordfan is purposely avoiding posting anything stating how many O$U students took the SAT or ACT scores.

Go see how difficult it was for Katz to get through O$U, then tell me how difficult O$U is.

That's what you call a mic drop.

Someone else here nailed it. This kern stain appears to be Spa who was banned for the same boorish behavior.

Reactions: DANC
You really don't get it, do you? What percentage of O$U students took the SAT vs the percentage of IU students?

Please don't tell me how tough O$U academics are:
http://www.nytimes.com/1998/09/05/s...nmoyer-plays-ohio-state-takes-a-hit.html?_r=0

I know you won't be embarrassed enough to shut up - but you should be, if you had a functioning brain.

OK, please use your "superior" IU education and inform all of us exactly how and why the percentage of students submitting the test negates the fact that they are doing much better on it. 32% of Ohio State students submitted SAT scores. That still equates to over 2,000 students, and they still did significantly better across the board than IU's freshman, as did those submitting ACT scores. The qualitative gap in Ohio State's favor is consistent among SAT and ACT freshmen. Please explain to me how the smaller percentage submitting the SAT negates that qualitative advantage. At another Big Ten school substantially more selective than IU (Wisconsin) only 18.7% of freshman submitted SAT scores, yet as with Ohio State, those students did much better on the test than IU freshman.

You're grasping at meaningless straws, and any statistics professor would laugh you out of their office if you tried to make that argument to them.

As for Katzenmoyer, that's a classic strawman. What does one football player almost twenty years ago have to do with the overall quality of the student body? Are you honestly naive enough to believe that IU football and basketball players are being admitted with the same scores, class rank and grades as normal IU freshman? Are you really naive enough to believe that IU doesn't hide subpar students in easy majors to keep them eligible? If so, you're as self-delusional as those morons over on the Paterno Cult board.

I just prefer to use facts instead of accusations based on hatred or jealousy.....
OK, please use your "superior" IU education and inform all of us exactly how and why the percentage of students submitting the test negates the fact that they are doing much better on it. 32% of Ohio State students submitted SAT scores. That still equates to over 2,000 students, and they still did significantly better across the board than IU's freshman, as did those submitting ACT scores. The qualitative gap in Ohio State's favor is consistent among SAT and ACT freshmen. Please explain to me how the smaller percentage submitting the SAT negates that qualitative advantage. At another Big Ten school substantially more selective than IU (Wisconsin) only 18.7% of freshman submitted SAT scores, yet as with Ohio State, those students did much better on the test than IU freshman.

You're grasping at meaningless straws, and any statistics professor would laugh you out of their office if you tried to make that argument to them.

As for Katzenmoyer, that's a classic strawman. What does one football player almost twenty years ago have to do with the overall quality of the student body? Are you honestly naive enough to believe that IU football and basketball players are being admitted with the same scores, class rank and grades as normal IU freshman? Are you really naive enough to believe that IU doesn't hide subpar students in easy majors to keep them eligible? If so, you're as self-delusional as those morons over on the Paterno Cult board.

TL;DR

Since this is all about OSU trolls, how about an OSU one....I was at the OSU camp with my son, who was being recruited by OSU at the time and one parent said something hilarious. When we were walking in, one parent walked up to a guy in a red vest giving directions and asked, "Where do we go to get paid?" The gentleman looked at him with a puzzled look,so the parent said, "This is THE Ohio State University isn't it?" The gentleman responded, "Yes, it is." And the parents response was classic, "I was looking for where we got paid, I thought every athlete got paid to come to Ohio State?" The glare he got back was fabulous.

Another line was classic too, they were passing out schedules on little wallet cards and one guy said, "Hey, these games are all on Saturday? I thought that with the way you guys pay people around here, that the Buckeyes would be playing on Sundays this year" He was asked to leave.......

No...clearly you are. Gotta love the inferiority complexes you Columbus folks carry with you. I've been there enough to understand why though. It is Indy circa 1979.
WE have the inferiority complex?
original.gif

Since this is all about OSU trolls, how about an OSU one....I was at the OSU camp with my son, who was being recruited by OSU at the time and one parent said something hilarious. When we were walking in, one parent walked up to a guy in a red vest giving directions and asked, "Where do we go to get paid?" The gentleman looked at him with a puzzled look,so the parent said, "This is THE Ohio State University isn't it?" The gentleman responded, "Yes, it is." And the parents response was classic, "I was looking for where we got paid, I thought every athlete got paid to come to Ohio State?" The glare he got back was fabulous.

Another line was classic too, they were passing out schedules on little wallet cards and one guy said, "Hey, these games are all on Saturday? I thought that with the way you guys pay people around here, that the Buckeyes would be playing on Sundays this year" He was asked to leave.......
Wow, a phony weak-attempt-at-humor accusation of paying players...how original.

"We ain't come to play school"

I have a theory as to your obvious bitterness about IU and the success of IU grads. I will assume you are from Chicagoland given the ORD label. If you work in the Chicago market you are undoubtedly aware of the Large number of IU grads that are leaders among the business execs particularly in law, Finance. marketing and advertising.

You may be bitter about this, but take comfort in the fact so many of us provide employment opportunities and good careers of so many O$U and ILL grads. You are welcome.

Reactions: 10yrProject
Check my start date and you'll see I haven't been banned, but even you know that. Too funny that you made fun of OSU fans then couldn't spell a simple word. Of course, you're trying to make it seem intentional now, even though no one believes it. Very funny stuff. "Montra"!

Reactions: ORD_Buckeye
Check my start date and you'll see I haven't been banned, but even you know that. Too funny that you made fun of OSU fans then couldn't spell a simple word. Of course, you're trying to make it seem intentional now, even though no one believes it. Very funny stuff. "Montra"!

Of course you are not (yet) banned under this screen name. Doubt it will take long this time given your start. Some folks never learn.

Jesus Christ...not again.

When did "The Spa" get banned, and when did Kern County start actually using this username?

As a dude that hits these sites leisurely, it did seem weird for a guy posting 100+ a day, who was activated in 2012, to be a "freshman"....but whatever.

Reactions: YOTHN and DANC

When did "The Spa" get banned, and when did Kern County start actually using this username?

As a dude that hits these sites leisurely, it did seem weird for a guy posting 100+ a day, who was activated in 2012, to be a "freshman"....but whatever.
Don't even know who it is, nor am I familiar with you. Are you a new fan or a long termer? Don't remember ever seeing you here.

" 32% of Ohio State students submitted SAT scores"

And you don't understand how comparing that to a University where the majority use the SAT is like comparing apples to oranges?

Color me not surprised.

"What does one football player almost twenty years ago have to do with the overall quality of the student body?"

Uh, oh I don't know - maybe that it shows they'll allow anyone in for any reason they want? That they have no qualms about bending their own standards?

You would think this would be obvious to you, but evidently not.

Not what you said.

I said nothing. I posted about Cardale Jone's famous classes are pointless tweet summing up much of what Ohio Football has become. In the view of many, including myself...this line may as well be their mantra.

Ohio

I said nothing. I posted about Cardale Jone's famous classes are pointless tweet summing up much of what Ohio Football has become. In the view of many, including myself...this line may as well be their mantra.

Ohio
The next time you rip another school for their academic standing or target one of their players for his indifference to school, you might want to do it with a dictionary nearby so that you don't look incredibly foolish. Again. Maybe that should be your "Montra".

The next time you rip another school for their academic standing or target one of their players for his indifference to school, you might want to do it with a dictionary nearby so that you don't look incredibly foolish. Again. Maybe that should be your "Montra".

Ahh, so in my haste I misspelled mantra. Got it. Well at least you have something to base your bitter little life on these days. Glad I could help.

Parallax

Now if I were as small and embittered as you, I might base my life on that sentence structure. But I will leave that swill to you.

Ahh, so in my haste I misspelled mantra. Got it. Well at least you have something to base your bitter little life on these days. Glad I could help.

Parallax
Yes, in your haste to rip a fine university and a kid who made an obviously unwise statement, you ironically misspelled a simple word, casting doubts not only on your sense of appropriateness but also in your basic level of intelligence. Of course, that means it's someone else's fault (other than your own).

Now if I were as small and embittered as you, I might base my life on that sentence structure. But I will leave that swill to you.
I'll leave to you the ceaselessly baiting, wholly unprepared and often factually inaccurate dialogue you engaged in with Ohio State fans last week, all of which shined a bright light on your petty foolishness.

just so you know, your kid sucks at football.

reading 6 pages on a free board from a lackluster football sight is leisure? everything else in your life must be rip snortin good fun

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT