ADVERTISEMENT

O$U trolls??

There are some people here with massive inferiority issues. They will, however, talk about uniform styles, tailgating and the band all day long. Football, on the other had, not so much.

Good luck tomorrow. Hope it's a good game.
Fair enough - the best to you as well. As far as the uniform is concerned however, I really like the candy stripe unis that IU is going to wear against Nebraska. It's subtle enough, but classy and retro at the same time. I will say, however, that I really like the IU trident/pitchfork/whatever you guys call it. It's a good brand.

LOL OSU is just so prestigious. Look.....most understand that you look for a university based on the major. Some majors rank higher in some schools (like Indiana ahead of OSU in Business MBA) and OSU will lead IU in some others. Beyond that, this is football we're talking about here. Some people take their pride in a school WAY too seriously.
I just prefer to use facts instead of accusations based on hatred or jealousy.....

There are some people here with massive inferiority issues. They will, however, talk about uniform styles, tailgating and the band all day long. Football, on the other had, not so much.

Good luck tomorrow. Hope it's a good game.

And others introduce pop psychology. Thanks, Dr. Phil.

Sslefton....Hey hey, another osu pinhead with a sub 100 IQ. Now go back to your sandbox and pull up your diapers. Oh yeah, wipe your damn sniviling nose while your at it.
hahahaha holy fvck. the children came to play? like the other poster already alluded to, at least spell your shit correctly if YOU'RE going to try and make fun of someones intelligence levels.. Oh my that was funny.. almost as funny as the ohio state indiana overall series W&L's... 71 and 12? your football team is pathetic and the only thing keepin them together are the players from Ohio that play for you. btw, youre the only ones complaining about our fans rubbing it in your face, not us. You little sniveler you. hey hey, my myyy

Awesome. A late arriving cockroach.
Back in 1951, in Woody Hayes' first season, Indiana beat Ohio State pretty handily, 32-10 in Columbus. After the game, he stated he would "never lose to that team again"...and he didn't. In fact, since that game, Ohio State has played Indiana 56 times, and Indiana was won a grand total of two games. Two. Out of 56. Cockroaches don't know series histories this well. Keep up with the third-grade name calling, because that's all you're decent at...

Back in 1951, in Woody Hayes' first season, Indiana beat Ohio State pretty handily, 32-10 in Columbus. After the game, he stated he would "never lose to that team again"...and he didn't. In fact, since that game, Ohio State has played Indiana 56 times, and Indiana was won a grand total of two games. Two. Out of 56. Cockroaches don't know series histories this well. Keep up with the third-grade name calling, because that's all you're decent at...

And yet here you are trolling another program's board. Move along cockroach.

I'm not sure where the "more selective" categorization came from, but it would seem to be a very broad grouping since Ohio State is near the top of the Big Ten (slightly ahead of U of I and Wiscy) for selectivity while IU is near the bottom with Sparty. Here are the actual statistics taken from each school's common data set for the 2015 freshman class.

Middle 50% ACT Range
Ohio State 27-31 IU 24-30

Middle 50% SAT Range
Ohio State 1170-1390 IU 1060-1290

Percent Scoring 30+ on ACT Composite
Ohio State 44% IU 28%

Percent Scoring Below 24 on ACT Composite
Ohio State 6% IU 17.6%

Percent in top 10%of HS Class
Ohio State 62% IU 34.5%
Percent in top Quarter of HS Class
Ohio State 95% IU 70%

IU does ok near the top of the class, but there's a fundamental gap near the bottom to the point that I'd estimate a fifth of IU's freshman class would be an easy, quick reject had they applied to Ohio State and another 10% would probably be on the bubble. In contrast, pretty much every single freshman accepted to Ohio State would get into IU.

https://www.iu.edu/~uirr/reports/compliance/cds/2013/IUBLA/C

http://oaa.osu.edu/irp/publisher_surveys/IRP_2016_Survey_Main.pdf

As for the medical school research, you're assuming that your competitors are all standing still. You assume that they are also not making significant investments and raising funds to grow and improve. That's not the case for either IU or Ohio State.

Now do you really want me to link those rankings from USN&WR to the London Times Higher Education Supplement to the Center for Measuring University Performance? It's not pretty.
If you knew anything about Indiana, you'd know that the SAT is used far more than the ACT. Most IU students don't even take the ACT, so your stats are useless, unless you have stats that show how many actually take the test.

If you had an IU education, you'd understand stats.

Where IU has the advantage, it's marginal such as a 25 vs 27 for MBA or 25 vs 30 for law. And Ohio State has a lot of similar advantages too such as physics, political science, math, economics . I've never said that IU is a bad school nor denigrated it as a basketball factory. I actually believe that all the Big Ten publics, excepting perhaps Nebraksa, are great public flagship universities, Indiana included. And while I don't denigrate IU as a basketball factory, I will choose to respond to your uninformed b.s. of referring to Ohio State as a football factory. So you can pick and choose individual departments that make IU look better all you want. The reality is that Ohio State has just as many departments where it comes out on top, admits a much more qualified freshman class every year and absolutely dominates IU in overall university quality rankings.

USN&WR Undergrad (national) Ohio State 54 IU 86
USN&WR global Ohio State 34 IU 109
Center for Measuring University Performance (national) Ohio State 15 (ranked in top 25 in 6 of 9 criteria & 26-50 in 3) IU 55 (ranked in top 25 in 0 of 9 criteria and 26-50 in 3)
London Times Higher Education Supplement (global): Ohio State 90 IU 201-250 grouping
QS Global Ranking Ohio State 88 IU 291

Now, I'm not going to say which of these rankings are more valid than others. What I am going to say is that every single one of them with different methodologies and agendas and target audiences finds Ohio State to be a significantly better university than IU. Advantage Football Factory.

There's a long standing joke that I've heard around Chicago.

Q. What do you call a kid from the Chicago suburbs who gets rejected by U of I?
A. "Hoosier"
One thing you're ahead of IU in is the 'AIDS Awareness' classes - designed as a summer program to keep your athletes eligible.

Look it up.

Reactions: ZildjianZLine
That team montra doesn't belong to us cockroach.

It's spelled m-a-n-t-r-a, sodbuster. Considering you're the one who started the academic pissing match with your "football factory" nonsense, I have to wonder if you're a troll just out to make IU fans/alums look bad.

It's spelled m-a-n-t-r-a, sodbuster. Considering you're the one who started the academic pissing match with your "football factory" nonsense, I have to wonder if you're a troll just out to make IU fans/alums look bad.
How's that Katzenmoyer scholarship for academic excellence working out for your alma mater?

If you knew anything about Indiana, you'd know that the SAT is used far more than the ACT. Most IU students don't even take the ACT, so your stats are useless, unless you have stats that show how many actually take the test.

If you had an IU education, you'd understand stats.

Jesus, you're effin' stupid. Look at your own university's official common data set. I linked it above. Roughly equal amounts of IU applicants submit SAT (71.2%) and ACT (65.8%) scores. I also showed you the SAT comparison, which is every bit as much in Ohio State's favor (actually a bit better) as the ACT comparison.

Reactions: bedminster
How's that Katzenmoyer scholarship for academic excellence working out for your alma mater?
It's working out pretty well. Thank you for asking.

I hear the scholarship will be going to an incoming linebacker with the hope that he can earn for the program its 24th conference championship since IU earned its last one (1967).

By the way, IU is the only B10 program not to have earned a conference championship since 2000... or 1990... or 1980... or 1970.

One thing you're ahead of IU in is the 'AIDS Awareness' classes - designed as a summer program to keep your athletes eligible.

Look it up.

And one thing IU is ahead in is being the preferred safety school for kids who can't get accepted to the upper tier Big Ten schools like Michigan, Ohio State, Illinois, Wisconsin and.......Purdue.

Reactions: PUBV
Seriously, how sad is it that Purdue is the more prestigious university? Now, some states (Illinois, Wisconsin, Ohio and California) combined the Arts & Sciences flagship with the land grant A&M school. Other states (Michigan, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Oklahoma and Indiana) separated the two universities. Here's the fun part. In every such latter pairing, the older A&S university always remained the more selective and prestigious.......except for Indiana, where Purdue became the higher ranked, more prestigious and more selective university.

So I heartily extend my congratulations to IU on a multi-generational level of failure unmatched in the history of American academia. Well done, candy stripers. Well effin done.

Jesus, you're effin' stupid. Look at your own university's official common data set. I linked it above. Roughly equal amounts of IU applicants submit SAT (71.2%) and ACT (65.8%) scores. I also showed you the SAT comparison, which is every bit as much in Ohio State's favor (actually a bit better) as the ACT comparison.
You showed the middle 50%, Ordfan. That doesn't tell the whole story, but you love to cherry-pick stats.

And sure, your Freshman can look good in their class rank when coming from mainly Ohio high schools....

And one thing IU is ahead in is being the preferred safety school for kids who can't get accepted to the upper tier Big Ten schools like Michigan, Ohio State, Illinois, Wisconsin and.......Purdue.
Oh Ordfan...... you are just as stupid now as you've always been.

And just as transparent.

Please stop the discussions about IU and Ohio State academic programs on a football board. It is as embarrassing as Yale and Harvard arguing about their football programs.

I'll double down on what I said earlier.

Also, on a public forum if one's point of view is challenged and nobody else steps up to defend it, its probably best just to let it go.

Reactions: tOSU_fan
You showed the middle 50%, Ordfan. That doesn't tell the whole story, but you love to cherry-pick stats.

And sure, your Freshman can look good in their class rank when coming from mainly Ohio high schools....

OK, sodbuster. Let's go deeper down the SAT rabbit hole.

INDIANA
Critical Reading/ SAT Math/ SAT Writing
700-800
8.20% 14.60% 6.70%
600-699 30.30% 37.20% 29.30%
500-599 44.10% 38.80% 45.00%
400-499 15.70% 8.80% 17.70%
300-399 1.70% 0.60% 1.30%
200-299 0.00% 0.10% 0.00%

THEE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY
SAT Critical Reading SAT Math SAT Writing
700-800 14% 33% 13%
600-699 44% 47% 45%
500-599 33% 17% 35%
400-499 8% 3% 6%
300-399 1% 0% 1%
200-299 0% 0% 0%

Now, show me how IU looks better somehow when comparing SAT scores? Whether it's reading, math or writing, THEE Ohio State University sticks its foot in your ass every bit as deep as the Buckeyes are going to stick their foot up IU's ass tomorrow afternoon.

Now run along, sodbuster. I'm sure you need to get the implements into the barn for Winter. Afterwards, you and Dad can cash that sharecropping check from the suits at ADM in Chicago and spend all Winter drinking good Southern Indiana white corn whiskey while wondering why Mom left and watching basketball until it's time to do the plowin' and the seedin' again after watching other Big Ten teams in the Final Four.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1711 Cardiff
OK, sodbuster. Let's go deeper down the SAT rabbit hole.

INDIANA
Critical Reading/ SAT Math/ SAT Writing
700-800
8.20% 14.60% 6.70%
600-699 30.30% 37.20% 29.30%
500-599 44.10% 38.80% 45.00%
400-499 15.70% 8.80% 17.70%
300-399 1.70% 0.60% 1.30%
200-299 0.00% 0.10% 0.00%

THEE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY
SAT Critical Reading SAT Math SAT Writing
700-800 14% 33% 13%
600-699 44% 47% 45%
500-599 33% 17% 35%
400-499 8% 3% 6%
300-399 1% 0% 1%
200-299 0% 0% 0%

Now, show me how IU looks better somehow when comparing SAT scores? Whether it's reading, math or writing, THEE Ohio State University sticks its foot in your ass every bit as deep as the Buckeyes are going to stick their foot up IU's ass tomorrow afternoon.

Now run along, sodbuster. I'm sure you need to get the implements into the barn for Winter. Afterwards, you and Dad can cash that sharecropping check from the suits at ADM in Chicago and spend all Winter drinking good Southern Indiana white corn whiskey while wondering why Mom left and watching basketball until it's time to do the plowin' and the seedin' again after watching other Big Ten teams in the Final Four.
You really don't get it, do you? What percentage of O$U students took the SAT vs the percentage of IU students?

Please don't tell me how tough O$U academics are:
http://www.nytimes.com/1998/09/05/s...nmoyer-plays-ohio-state-takes-a-hit.html?_r=0

I know you won't be embarrassed enough to shut up - but you should be, if you had a functioning brain.

You really don't belong in any discussion of academics, Danc, and you know that. Please stop.

Still having trouble with those standardized achievement test concepts? Since you struggle to write in complete sentences, you really don't have any business discussing the relative merits of two fine universities. It's well beyond your very limited, non-college educated intellect.
You're an embarrassment to your fellow O$U fans. Google 'comparing statistics' and understand that Ordfan is purposely avoiding posting anything stating how many O$U students took the SAT or ACT scores.

Go see how difficult it was for Katz to get through O$U, then tell me how difficult O$U is.

That's what you call a mic drop.

You're an embarrassment to your fellow O$U fans. Google 'comparing statistics' and understand that Ordfan is purposely avoiding posting anything stating how many O$U students took the SAT or ACT scores.

Go see how difficult it was for Katz to get through O$U, then tell me how difficult O$U is.

That's what you call a mic drop.
Your obvious lack of a college education disqualifies you from participating in this discussion. You clearly don't have even a basic understanding of the subject matter. Please stop.

Your obvious lack of a college education disqualifies you from participating in this discussion. You clearly don't have even a basic understanding of the subject matter. Please stop.

Ah... Kern County, it brings back great memories. Hit the 58 East out of Bako to the 14 South, and hit the Rosamond exit. Go East on Rosamond Blvd til you hit the security gate. Good times. Beat Army!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT