ADVERTISEMENT

O$U trolls??

I'm not sure where the "more selective" categorization came from, but it would seem to be a very broad grouping since Ohio State is near the top of the Big Ten (slightly ahead of U of I and Wiscy) for selectivity while IU is near the bottom with Sparty. Here are the actual statistics taken from each school's common data set for the 2015 freshman class.

Middle 50% ACT Range
Ohio State 27-31 IU 24-30

Middle 50% SAT Range
Ohio State 1170-1390 IU 1060-1290

Percent Scoring 30+ on ACT Composite
Ohio State 44% IU 28%

Percent Scoring Below 24 on ACT Composite
Ohio State 6% IU 17.6%

Percent in top 10%of HS Class
Ohio State 62% IU 34.5%
Percent in top Quarter of HS Class
Ohio State 95% IU 70%

IU does ok near the top of the class, but there's a fundamental gap near the bottom to the point that I'd estimate a fifth of IU's freshman class would be an easy, quick reject had they applied to Ohio State and another 10% would probably be on the bubble. In contrast, pretty much every single freshman accepted to Ohio State would get into IU.

https://www.iu.edu/~uirr/reports/compliance/cds/2013/IUBLA/C

http://oaa.osu.edu/irp/publisher_surveys/IRP_2016_Survey_Main.pdf

As for the medical school research, you're assuming that your competitors are all standing still. You assume that they are also not making significant investments and raising funds to grow and improve. That's not the case for either IU or Ohio State.

Now do you really want me to link those rankings from USN&WR to the London Times Higher Education Supplement to the Center for Measuring University Performance? It's not pretty.

Not surprising that you ignored my points and went to cherry pick your own. Everything I posted was from USNWR. All are current and I Could have gone a lot further with IU advantages. Face it, Ohio is a good school, just as good as IU, and like all BIG schools with the exception of one that has work to do.

That said, if your own insecurities dictate; you can be king for the day.

Not surprising that you ignored my points and went to cherry pick your own. Everything I posted was from USNWR. All are current and I Could have gone a lot further with IU advantages. Face it, Ohio is a good school, just as good as IU, and like all BIG schools with the exception of one that has work to do.

What did I cherry pick. I took basic admissions and freshman class profiles directly from IU's common data set. You're really not all that bright, are you? Feel free to dig through it and find ANY advantage that IU has. Percent scoring over 700 on SAT math? Nope. Percent in bottom half of high school class? Nope. Percent scoring over 30 on ACT verbal? Nope. Dig away. The underlying reality is that every Ohio State freshman gets into IU if he want to, and around a quarter of IU's freshman class gets rejected by Ohio State.

So please show me all of IU's advantages beyond an admittedly pretty campus.

It's not insecurity. I'm quite willing to acknowledge that an unfavorable gap exists between us and Michigan. It is what it is. I just don't feel the need to refer to the more selective and higher ranked university as a football factory to compensate for and attempt to obfuscate my university coming up short in the comparison.

Now, let's get to the really fun comparison, BASKETBALL. This is what you build your whole identity around, and even here, you're looking up at THEE Ohio State University. In the last ten years:

Big Ten Regular Season Championships
Ohio State 5 IU 2

Big Ten Tournament Championships
Ohio State 4 IU 0

NCAA Tournament Appearances
Ohio State 9 IU 7

Sweet Sixteens
Ohio State 5 IU 3

Final Fours
Ohio State 2 IU 0

But hey, after you were unsuccessful in hiring our coach away, you were able to go out and find a guy who wears fashionable womens' eyeglasses. So you're program's got that going for it. Well, that and futbol.

Reactions: Robosu and sslefton
You have to love academic arguments on a football forum.

Not why I came over here. Hell, I didn't even plan on posting....just reading. However, my new friend's repeated denigration of Ohio State as "Football Factory U" did require a smackdown. That being said, I've never had much animosity towards IU. Creen's a whiny douche, but that's about it. Now, I hope Urban keeps his foot on the gas and hangs 70 on them just to remind them who is THE and who is IU.

What did I cherry pick. I took basic admissions and freshman class profiles directly from IU's common data set. You're really not all that bright, are you? Feel free to dig through it and find ANY advantage that IU has. Percent scoring over 700 on SAT math? Nope. Percent in bottom half of high school class? Nope. Percent scoring over 30 on ACT verbal? Nope. Dig away. The underlying reality is that every Ohio State freshman gets into IU if he want to, and around a quarter of IU's freshman class gets rejected by Ohio State.

So please show me all of IU's advantages beyond an admittedly pretty campus.

It's not insecurity. I'm quite willing to acknowledge that an unfavorable gap exists between us and Michigan. It is what it is. I just don't feel the need to refer to the more selective and higher ranked university as a football factory to compensate for and attempt to obfuscate my university coming up short in the comparison.

Now, let's get to the really fun comparison, BASKETBALL. This is what you build your whole identity around, and even here, you're looking up at THEE Ohio State University. In the last ten years:

Big Ten Regular Season Championships
Ohio State 5 IU 2

Big Ten Tournament Championships
Ohio State 4 IU 0

NCAA Tournament Appearances
Ohio State 9 IU 7

Sweet Sixteens
Ohio State 5 IU 3

Final Fours
Ohio State 2 IU 0

But hey, after you were unsuccessful in hiring our coach away, you were able to go out and find a guy who wears fashionable womens' eyeglasses. So you're program's got that going for it. Well, that and futbol.

Refer to my post which you conveniently ignore. Folks like yourself with insecurities that create a scarcity mentality are so predictable.

It's ok Sparky stop sobbing...you can be King today.

Sure you do...it was the first interaction before your Spa account was banned when you initially began hanging on my every word.

I O
That should be easy for you to prove, whatever it means, so have at it. Always interesting how people who can't make rational arguments quickly try to change the subject. This thread hasn't been your friend, has it?

That should be easy for you to prove, whatever it means, so have at it. Always interesting how people who can't make rational arguments quickly try to change the subject. This thread hasn't been your friend, has it?

It exposed you and made the academic stand so it was ok.

Ohio

You guys...you realize you aren't on the team, right? I've never seen a more arrogant group of a-holes than from OSU. Everyone beats us, we know our history, but we don't have this problem with other schools. Ask other fan bases what they think of you guys. You act like God's gift to athletics and do things like spray paint other stadiums, tear down their goal post, and refuse to pay for it. You guys suck.
Spoken like a true loser. Get a grip on life for God's sake!

It exposed you and made the academic stand so it was ok.

Ohio
So, you can't back it up? Why am I not surprised? Yesterday, I was an OSU fan, today I'm "spa" (who I think cheers for Indiana). Do I get to guess who you'll place me as tomorrow? And are you going to continue insulting OSU fans and then get mercilessly pummeled by them? It's starting to get a little sad.

Where IU has the advantage, it's marginal such as a 25 vs 27 for MBA or 25 vs 30 for law. And Ohio State has a lot of similar advantages too such as physics, political science, math, economics . I've never said that IU is a bad school nor denigrated it as a basketball factory. I actually believe that all the Big Ten publics, excepting perhaps Nebraksa, are great public flagship universities, Indiana included. And while I don't denigrate IU as a basketball factory, I will choose to respond to your uninformed b.s. of referring to Ohio State as a football factory. So you can pick and choose individual departments that make IU look better all you want. The reality is that Ohio State has just as many departments where it comes out on top, admits a much more qualified freshman class every year and absolutely dominates IU in overall university quality rankings.

USN&WR Undergrad (national) Ohio State 54 IU 86
USN&WR global Ohio State 34 IU 109
Center for Measuring University Performance (national) Ohio State 15 (ranked in top 25 in 6 of 9 criteria & 26-50 in 3) IU 55 (ranked in top 25 in 0 of 9 criteria and 26-50 in 3)
London Times Higher Education Supplement (global): Ohio State 90 IU 201-250 grouping
QS Global Ranking Ohio State 88 IU 291

Now, I'm not going to say which of these rankings are more valid than others. What I am going to say is that every single one of them with different methodologies and agendas and target audiences finds Ohio State to be a significantly better university than IU. Advantage Football Factory.

There's a long standing joke that I've heard around Chicago.

Q. What do you call a kid from the Chicago suburbs who gets rejected by U of I?
A. "Hoosier"

Reactions: MililaniBuckeye
Where IU has the advantage, it's marginal such as a 25 vs 27 for MBA or 25 vs 30 for law. And Ohio State has a lot of similar advantages too such as physics, political science, math, economics . I've never said that IU is a bad school nor denigrated it as a basketball factory. I actually believe that all the Big Ten publics, excepting perhaps Nebraksa, are great public flagship universities, Indiana included. And while I don't denigrate IU as a basketball factory, I will choose to respond to your uninformed b.s. of referring to Ohio State as a football factory. So you can pick and choose individual departments that make IU look better all you want. The reality is that Ohio State has just as many departments where it comes out on top, admits a much more qualified freshman class every year and absolutely dominates IU in overall university quality rankings.

USN&WR Undergrad (national) Ohio State 54 IU 86
USN&WR global Ohio State 34 IU 109
Center for Measuring University Performance (national) Ohio State 15 (ranked in top 25 in 6 of 9 criteria & 26-50 in 3) IU 55 (ranked in top 25 in 0 of 9 criteria and 26-50 in 3)
London Times Higher Education Supplement (global): Ohio State 90 IU 201-250 grouping
QS Global Ranking Ohio State 88 IU 291

Now, I'm not going to say which of these rankings are more valid than others. What I am going to say is that every single one of them with different methodologies and agendas and target audiences finds Ohio State to be a significantly better university than IU. Advantage Football Factory.

There's a long standing joke that I've heard around Chicago.

Q. What do you call a kid from the Chicago suburbs who gets rejected by U of I?
A. "Hoosier"

Again...cherry picking. Btw there are a ton of north shore kids ( as well as east coast kids) that come to Btown not only because the quality of student life is so much better but because THE Kelley School is #9 in the country. I have heard that joke before as well, and it is pure bitter bs.

Relax dude...it is gonna be ok.

Again...cherry picking. Btw there are a ton of north shore kids ( as well as east coast kids) that come to Btown not only because the quality of student life is so much better but because THE Kelley School is #9 in the country. I have heard that joke before as well, and it is pure bitter bs.

Relax dude...it is gonna be ok.

You really are not too bright are you? Did you even go to IU or are you some hoops lovin' Southern Indiana sodbuster? I fully admit that there are departments where IU is better than Ohio State. I list some where Ohio State is better and mention that, in most of the cases, the difference is marginal...i.e. 25 to 27 or 25 to 30. It's the same where Ohio State is on top.

Now as for cherry picking (god you love that word, but I'm not sure you know how to use it in context), I pointed out five overall university rankings. They are a mix of undergraduate focused, graduate/research focused, national and global rankings. In every single one, there is a large gap in Ohio State's favor. If I "cherry picked" those rankings that would mean that there are others out there that favor Indiana, which I'm purposefully ignoring, so show me WTF they are! Cherry picking would be willfully ignoring overall university quality rankings that favor Indiana. Cherry picking is NOT the fact that there simply aren't any such rankings.

Your misunderstanding of the phrase "cherry picking" is similar to your attempt to use it regarding freshman class stats, if I cherry picked things to make Ohio State look favorable (and I used ACT/SAT scores and class rank, pretty fundamental stuff when evaluating a college's selectivity) there would be statistics in Indiana's favor (there aren't), so show them to me. I linked the common data set. It should be pretty easy to find.

As for IU's undergraduate business ranking, that's great and something of which IU should be proud. A business school, however, does not make a great university. Chicago, Harvard, Yale and Princeton? What do these schools have in common? You can't major in business at any of them as an undergraduate.

You really are not too bright are you? Did you even go to IU or are you some hoops lovin' Southern Indiana sodbuster? I fully admit that there are departments where IU is better than Ohio State. I list some where Ohio State is better and mention that, in most of the cases, the difference is marginal...i.e. 25 to 27 or 25 to 30. It's the same where Ohio State is on top.

Now as for cherry picking (god you love that word, but I'm not sure you know how to use it in context), I pointed out five overall university rankings. They are a mix of undergraduate focused, graduate/research focused, national and global rankings. In every single one, there is a large gap in Ohio State's favor. If I "cherry picked" those rankings that would mean that there are others out there that favor Indiana, which I'm purposefully ignoring, so show me WTF they are! Cherry picking would be willfully ignoring overall university quality rankings that favor Indiana. Cherry picking is NOT the fact that there simply aren't any such rankings.

Your misunderstanding of the phrase "cherry picking" is similar to your attempt to use it regarding freshman class stats, if I cherry picked things to make Ohio State look favorable (and I used ACT/SAT scores and class rank, pretty fundamental stuff when evaluating a college's selectivity) there would be statistics in Indiana's favor (there aren't), so show them to me. I linked the common data set. It should be pretty easy to find.

As for IU's undergraduate business ranking, that's great and something of which IU should be proud. A business school, however, does not make a great university. Chicago, Harvard, Yale and Princeton? What do these schools have in common? You can't major in business at any of them as an undergraduate.

Ah yes...name calling. Dude...relax. We respect OSU as a university. Your football fans...not so much.

So, you can't back it up? Why am I not surprised? Yesterday, I was an OSU fan, today I'm "spa" (who I think cheers for Indiana). Do I get to guess who you'll place me as tomorrow? And are you going to continue insulting OSU fans and then get mercilessly pummeled by them? It's starting to get a little sad.

I already did back it up.

Hat

I already did back it up.

Hat
You backed nothing up, just like you backed nothing up in your futile trip down Academic Parkway. You get a little more detached with every post. Why not calm down a bit and just watch the game Saturday? You'll be much better off than if you keep getting run over here.

It's all in good fun. I have a couple of close friends (including cousins) who are OSU grads and rabid fans of their team. They are fine people. The reason so many fans of other schools despise OSU is the behavior of so many "fans by association" that seems to be pervasive, much like with Kentucky basketball. Most of these people never set foot in a classroom on campus in Columbus - or any college campus for that matter. I suspect a fair number of them never graduated from high school given their vocabulary and behavior. But historically successful programs always attract lowlifes who want to feel a part of something that wins.

I will say that visiting OSU fans are easily the worst behaved and the most obnoxious visitors I have experienced in 40+ years of regularly attending games at Memorial Stadium. OSU is also the only place I have ever been threatened and harassed as a visiting fan, even while trying very hard to be respectful of the fact that I was in somebody else's stadium. My one and only trip there was without a doubt the most miserable experience I have ever had in a visiting stadium in any college or professional sporting event. So yeah, I'm still a little resentful.
avHnbUZ.gif

From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that tears down these goalposts with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in Ohio now a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That tore down Indiana's goalposts this day.

Reactions: 1711 Cardiff
You backed nothing up, just like you backed nothing up in your futile trip down Academic Parkway. You get a little more detached with every post. Why not calm down a bit and just watch the game Saturday? You'll be much better off than if you keep getting run over here.

Ohio

Must be the only word you can mutter after your shellacking in this thread, not unlike many of the IU-OSU games through the years. Do you have a funny coaches show to take the edge off of your lopsided defeat, too?

NDSU

From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that tears down these goalposts with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in Ohio now a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That tore down Indiana's goalposts this day.

We ain't come to play skool

Please stop the discussions about IU and Ohio State academic programs on a football board. It is as embarrassing as Yale and Harvard arguing about their football programs.

Last edited:
Must be the only word you can mutter after your shellacking in this thread, not unlike many of the IU-OSU games through the years. Do you have a funny coaches show to take the edge off of your lopsided defeat, too?

Are you always this annoying?

Sslefton....Hey hey, another osu pinhead with a sub 100 IQ. Now go back to your sandbox and pull up your diapers. Oh yeah, wipe your damn sniviling nose while your at it.

Sslefton....Hey hey, another osu pinhead with a sub 100 IQ. Now go back to your sandbox and pull up your diapers. Oh yeah, wipe your damn sniviling nose while your at it.

Daughter has 33 on ACT and 4.2 GPA here in N. Ky........was accepted into Indy 2 months ago, UK/Louisville/WKU/Cincinnati this month....still waiting on OSU....fact.

Oh yeah, Mr. "Intelligence", it's spelled SNIVELING and it's YOU'RE not YOUR....Bashing 101-----when trying to flame others for intelligence, double check your spelling so you don't look like a moron. ;)

Son, we live in a conference that has athletic budgets, and those athletic budgets have to be balanced by schools who go to major bowls and turn on cable boxes. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Purdue? Ohio State has a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for the Hoosiers, and you curse the Buckeyes. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that Hoosier losses, while tragic, probably balance budgets; and Ohio State's existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, balances your budget.

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about during basketball season you want us in that playoff-- you need us in that playoff.

We use letterss like "O" and "H" and "I" and "O" again. We use these letters as the backbone of a life spent building something. You use them as a punch line.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a university whose athletic department rises and balances its books under the blanket of the very revenue that we provide and then questions the manner in which we provide it.

I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you fill up your stadium and go to some major bowls. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think IU is entitled to!

Funny, the guy you are paraphrasing got arrested and charged immediately after this speech. Just an observation...

Reactions: 10yrProject
Damn - this escalated quickly. It seems so weird to me. I've never held any sort of animosity toward Indiana (as a state or academic institution). I'm not sure where all the anger comes from on either side of this. I've had bottles thrown at me when I went to Happy Valley to watch tOSU play Penn State, but I still don't hate the entire fan base. There are a ton of jerks everywhere, but when you start a thread using the "$" in OSU and immediately calling people trolls, who exactly did you think was going to show up? It's baiting, but you caught what you wanted, so if you just want to smack talk, cool. Just don't get so pissed and extend it to the whole fan base since it's what you were looking for.

Reactions: 82hoosier
Daughter has 33 on ACT and 4.2 GPA here in N. Ky........was accepted into Indy 2 months ago, UK/Louisville/WKU/Cincinnati this month....still waiting on OSU....fact.

Oh yeah, Mr. "Intelligence", it's spelled SNIVELING and it's YOU'RE not YOUR....Bashing 101-----when trying to flame others for intelligence, double check your spelling so you don't look like a moron. ;)

LOL OSU is just so prestigious. Look.....most understand that you look for a university based on the major. Some majors rank higher in some schools (like Indiana ahead of OSU in Business MBA) and OSU will lead IU in some others. Beyond that, this is football we're talking about here. Some people take their pride in a school WAY too seriously.

Reactions: tOSU_fan
Damn - this escalated quickly. It seems so weird to me. I've never held any sort of animosity toward Indiana (as a state or academic institution). I'm not sure where all the anger comes from on either side of this. I've had bottles thrown at me when I went to Happy Valley to watch tOSU play Penn State, but I still don't hate the entire fan base. There are a ton of jerks everywhere, but when you start a thread using the "$" in OSU and immediately calling people trolls, who exactly did you think was going to show up? It's baiting, but you caught what you wanted, so if you just want to smack talk, cool. Just don't get so pissed and extend it to the whole fan base since it's what you were looking for.
There are some people here with massive inferiority issues. They will, however, talk about uniform styles, tailgating and the band all day long. Football, on the other hand, not so much.

Good luck tomorrow. Hope it's a good game.

Last edited:
Reactions: 82hoosier

Thankfully the cockroaches will be gone Monday shortly after they crawl back th gloat. Off to trash the next opponents board.

...and they wonder why the OSU fan base is so universally despised.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT