ADVERTISEMENT

Non-Revenue Sports

I don't understand who cares. Snowling likes them, not sure why.
Maybe it's because non-revenue sports actually are what college sports have always been supposed to be??? Take away non-revenue sports and you have men's football and basketball... nothing else. This may shock you but some kids actually just love to compete and don't need millions of fans watching and the dream of playing in a professional league and making millions. The love of the sport still exists for hundreds of thousands of kids with dreams of competing in college in non-revenue sports. Maybe you need to turn on the BTN some time and watch a wrestling match or a volleyball game. Maybe tune in to the indoor T&F nationals here in a month... Colleges are dropping non-revenue sports left and right now, and I don't think the casual bball/fball fan understands just how much this is going to hurt youth sports/participation, opportunities for kids to attend college who might now be there otherwise, etc... Try to know what you're actually talking about before you fling out a worthless comment like you did above.

Maybe it's because non-revenue sports actually are what college sports have always been supposed to be??? Take away non-revenue sports and you have men's football and basketball... nothing else. This may shock you but some kids actually just love to compete and don't need millions of fans watching and the dream of playing in a professional league and making millions. The love of the sport still exists for hundreds of thousands of kids with dreams of competing in college in non-revenue sports. Maybe you need to turn on the BTN some time and watch a wrestling match or a volleyball game. Maybe tune in to the indoor T&F nationals here in a month... Colleges are dropping non-revenue sports left and right now, and I don't think the casual bball/fball fan understands just how much this is going to hurt youth sports/participation, opportunities for kids to attend college who might now be there otherwise, etc... Try to know what you're actually talking about before you fling out a worthless comment like you did above.
I enjoy VB. The ladies will dive parallel to the ground, reach a ball head at an angle, and make it go straight up for a teammate to hit back.
T and F is great. Love the races.

I enjoy VB. The ladies will dive parallel to the ground, reach a ball head at an angle, and make it go straight up for a teammate to hit back.
T and F is great. Love the races.
When I was a pastor in Illinois we had a couple of girls who played Volleyball so I attended their games. I would get so excited as rallies would go on. I don't enjoy Volleyball on tv that much but when you watch it live it is very intense and enjoyable.

Like Baseball, soccer, VB, wrestling S & D...Iu has excelled in so many over the years. Iconic Coaches like Counsilman, Billingsley, Yeagley

Desuetude comes from "suescere," a word that means "to accustom" (it also gave us the word custom). "Disuse" descends from "uti," which means "to use" (that Latin word also gave us "use" and "utility").
An example of desuetude is the law concerning prohibition of alcohol which is no longer in use because it was repealed.

I looked it up. Still don't think I understand the use here

• Haha
Reactions: Radio Zero
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT