ADVERTISEMENT

Nikki Haley is trending up!

I put this into the same bucket as I put the weak and unsupported allegations against Biden. There needs to be much more to take them seriously.
Except it’s a pattern with Trump. He’s already been found guilty by a court of law for one instance and has over a dozen accusations of sexual abuse.

• Angry
Reactions: Indianaftw
Yeah...I don't know what she is thinking there. Which is why she isn't #1. The boring awkward guy is.
I’m not sure what she’s thinking either. We definitely have a ton of misinformation out there and a ton of people unable or unwilling to recognize it as misinformation. Social media has exposed Americans as far less intelligent and civil than I used to think they were.

Yeah...I don't know what she is thinking there. Which is why she isn't #1. The boring awkward guy is.
She’s not really a conservative is the answer. I’m not sure she knows what she stands for.

Last edited:
Scared? The freakin broad wants to attach your real name to all social media platforms so they can track you easier? She just cancelled herself.
It might make your life simpler, without all your burner accounts and alternate user names

Scared? The freakin broad wants to attach your real name to all social media platforms so they can track you easier? She just cancelled herself.
Nimrata has to be dumber than a sack of rocks. Does she not realize that she's running for the Republican nomination and not the Governor of one the craziest states in the country?

• Angry
Reactions: Indianaftw
Nimrata has to be dumber than a sack of rocks. Does she not realize that she's running for the Republican nomination and not the Governor of one the craziest states in the country?

What exactly makes New York a crazy state in your mind? Is it crazier than Florida? I can give you lots of examples of Florida Man.

Of course she is Aloha. Of course.

If this dismantles social media, her proposal is a good thing. Social media’s dishonest messaging is not the friend of conservatives. Social media manipulation of public opinion about COVID may have turned election results.

Anonymous opinions are not what builds sound and vibrant public discourse .

Nope. The problem isn’t attaching my name to anything. The problem is, as you say, the “they.” We can’t fight the ”they” with one who promises to use the justice system for investigations and retribution.

If this dismantles social media, her proposal is a good thing. Social media’s dishonest messaging is not the friend of conservatives. Social media manipulation of public opinion about COVID may have turned election results.

It wouldn’t dismantle anything. Social media wouldn’t go away. The state would just control it with her proposals. It’s anti free speech and something the left and right should be against.

Strongly disagree.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Reactions: outside shooter
It wouldn’t dismantle anything. Social media wouldn’t go away. The state would just control it with her proposals. It’s anti free speech and something the left and right should be against.
I’ve been thinking about this. Why does social media need to be anonymous? When it was free speech in the public square we all knew who was speaking. We have people here linking anonymous people spreading misinformation. Shouldn’t we know who these people are? Qanon was/is anonymous. Is that a good thing? Alex Jones is not anonymous and that’s a good thing, isn’t it?

Last edited:
Reactions: jet812
It didn’t control the speech of MLK, John Birch, Malcom X, F, Douglas, Rush Limbaugh, CSNY, Bob Dylan, etc., etc..

Reactions: UncleMark
I’ve been thinking about this. Why does social media need to be anonymous?
it doesn’t have to be, but individuals and businesses should have the choice to be anonymous. It protects individuals from oppressive governments or corporations. Should newspapers or media have to reveal their anonymous sources? Should government agencies have to reveal their informants? The answer to all those questions is no in my opinion.

When it was free speech in the public square we all knew who was speaking. We have people here linking anonymous people spreading misinformation.
Getting rid of anonymous people isn’t going to stop the spread of misinformation. The government and MSM have been spreading misinformation forever and they’ll never stop.

Shouldn’t we know who these people are?
Qanon was/is anonymous. Is that a good thing? Alex Jones is not anonymous and that’s a good thing, isn’t it?
I’m indifferent to Qanon or Alex Jones. I can figure out which information is important or is nonsense without knowing their names.

it doesn’t have to be, but individuals and businesses should have the choice to be anonymous. It protects individuals from oppressive governments or corporations. Should newspapers or media have to reveal their anonymous sources? Should government agencies have to reveal their informants? The answer to all those questions is no in my opinion.

Getting rid of anonymous people isn’t going to stop the spread of misinformation. The government and MSM have been spreading misinformation forever and they’ll never stop.

I’m indifferent to Qanon or Alex Jones. I can figure out which information is important or is nonsense without knowing their names.
I’m not sure I understand what you mean by anonymous businesses.

Sources of legitimate journalism may be anonymous, and is probably good, but the writers aren’t. This is different than anonymous, self-proclaimed journalists and unvetted sources on social media.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
I’m not sure I understand what you mean by anonymous businesses.
I worded it poorly. I was trying say businesses should have the option to have anonymous posters if they choose that business model.
Sources of legitimate journalism may be anonymous, and is probably good, but the writers aren’t. This is different than anonymous, self-proclaimed journalists and unvetted sources on social media.
I was making the connection that there is a reason the sources are anonymous and we should extend the same latitude to people on social media.

It didn’t control the speech of MLK, John Birch, Malcom X, F, Douglas, Rush Limbaugh, CSNY, Bob Dylan, etc., etc..
I’m not worried about those people. I’m worried about normal people who want to express their opinions without political or personal backlash from governments or employers. I want more decentralization of power. And less centralization of power to a few major corporations and governments.

I’ve been thinking about this. Why does social media need to be anonymous? When it was free speech in the public square we all knew who was speaking. We have people here linking anonymous people spreading misinformation. Shouldn’t we know who these people are? Qanon was/is anonymous. Is that a good thing? Alex Jones is not anonymous and that’s a good thing, isn’t it?

Because it would serve to squelch free speech.

Reactions: Spartans9312
I worded it poorly. I was trying say businesses should have the option to have anonymous posters if they choose that business model.

I was making the connection that there is a reason the sources are anonymous and we should extend the same latitude to people on social media.
By businesses, you mean social media platforms? If so, aren’t those platforms the equivalent of the public square? Just think what the interaction here would be like here if we weren’t anonymous. Some of us were here back in the day when we weren’t all anonymous and we had to have legitimate email addresses in our signatures. Discourse was more civil.

Sources being anonymous, but vetted by real journalists, is different from anonymous people on social media claiming to cite sources, or be sources. The default on those people should be skepticism, but that isn’t what’s happening.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT