ADVERTISEMENT

Nate's gonna get a Super Bowl ring*

Nate has shown that he belongs in the league. Week 17 against Dallas he played well. Played a little bit tonight. And has shown dramatic improvements since he’s been in Philadelphia. Ironically he’s almost a carbon copy of Foles and will likely get some other opportunities to be 2nd string somewhere next year, instead of 3rd string there.

I like Foles and hope they somehow finish what the Falcons started last year, but I almost wanted to see something ludicrous happen in the 4th quarter with that big league and all the starters still in the game. I was hoping Nate would get in and be able to at least run a series. Hell, they didn't put him in for anything but a kneel. I'm sure he'll enjoy the SB, but if Foles goes down in that one, it's asking a helluva lot for a guy to come in that has played so little.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I like Foles and hope they somehow finish what the Falcons started last year, but I almost wanted to see something ludicrous happen in the 4th quarter with that big league and all the starters still in the game. I was hoping Nate would get in and be able to at least run a series. Hell, they didn't put him in for anything but a kneel. I'm sure he'll enjoy the SB, but if Foles goes down in that one, it's asking a helluva lot for a guy to come in that has played so little.
He managed the team pretty well in week 17 against Dallas. I think that he broke a record for accuracy or something in a QB’s first NFL game with more than 20 pass attempts. They didn’t score, but that’s more so because they couldn’t run because they had all backups on. Dallas had their starters in the whole game. All Nate would need to do is not lose the game and they would be set. He’s shown hat he can manage. It’s a perfect offense for him. Basically if there was one team that needed Nate to go into the game with limited snaps, the eagles would be the perfect team.

did the Colts hire the wrong Off. Coordinator?

Nah....I would say both OCs had a field day. I mean, the Pats has 613 total offensive yards and Brady threw for over 500. That was more than Philly. Offense was fine. Both defenses were sieves.

The problem is the Colts hired the crazy one...OMG what were they thinking...was he cheap or something? Just go back and play the tape of his one season at Denver...they damn near had to call in the Paddy Wagon with padded walls. Geeesh...this is going to be bad...the Colts are dead.

PS...it was great to see Nate...even if he made one pass too many...vbg.

Reactions: 76-1
Nah....I would say both OCs had a field day. I mean, the Pats has 613 total offensive yards and Brady threw for over 500. That was more than Philly. Offense was fine. Both defenses were sieves.
The pats couldn’t run the ball. Theme. Team that runs wins. With Jacksonville, Houston and Tennessee m, mcdaniels better figure of it out. And now he’s inheriting the worst OL in the league, and an old RB. Nice

The pats couldn’t run the ball. Theme. Team that runs wins. With Jacksonville, Houston and Tennessee m, mcdaniels better figure of it out. And now he’s inheriting the worst OL in the league, and an old RB. Nice

Oh, I’m not sold on McDaniels either. I think that when Polian left, the organization took a massive hit. It’s more than just bad coaching hires. The front office has bungled the draft several times.

Oh, I’m not sold on McDaniels either. I think that when Polian left, the organization took a massive hit. It’s more than just bad coaching hires. The front office has bungled the draft several times.
I don’t think ownership is in it to win it, but to just make money at this point. The offensive line woes are a crying shame. I think that mcdaniels is a good enough coach, but I don’t think he’s the offensive guru he’s made out to be. He’s good enough though if management gets it together. The offensive line woes are baffling to me.

I don’t think ownership is in it to win it, but to just make money at this point. The offensive line woes are a crying shame. I think that mcdaniels is a good enough coach, but I don’t think he’s the offensive guru he’s made out to be. He’s good enough though if management gets it together. The offensive line woes are baffling to me.
The key to every great franchise is having a great talent evaluator who has the authority to make final decisions on the draft and free agents. Whether it is the GM, the head coach, the director of player personnel, or somebody else, someone who can spot talent and has the power to go get that talent is essential.

That's what the Colts had with Bill Polian and haven't had since. Getting rid of Grigson the PUke - who wouldn't know a football player from a bullfighter - was a start toward a return to respectability. I can't imagine anyone the Colts could hire could ever be worse. Grigson was a hack and an ass-kiss that snowed Irsay into believing that he knew what he was doing. I think the new guy deserves a little time to try to right the ship. We will see by how the Colts handle this draft and free agency period.

I disagree about wanting to win. I think Irsay really does want a successful franchise and I think he stays out of the way on personnel decisions, but ultimately it's on him to get a GM who can build a roster and a coach who can coach the talent.

Reactions: IUCol and ESalum86
$90M in cap space and #3 draft pick will show good insights into Ballard new Colts GM. The one "unforgivable" sin from Grigson days was when he burned the late 1st round pick in 2015 on 5'10 WR Philip Dorsett when Luck was getting murdered back there. (Colts picked #29 out of #32) Seemingly any OL was a necessity. (I know they say don't reach, take best talent) but after we picked a Tackle from Penn St Donovan Smith went 2nd (34th). He's now in his 3rd season and has played in all 16 games in all 3 seasons (48 total). Think Colts could have used him?

Lesson for IU: get those big uglies going in the trenches!

Yeah, the Colts lucked ;) out of a major unforced error...

They need to put Taub in that job and move on with their lives...

Correction: Instead of Taub how about Frank Reich Eagles OC? Then trade for Foles and Nate Sudfeld to come with him...

Reactions: ESalum86
Bottom line...there is still plenty of REAL coaching talent out there for the Colts. Quit sniffing glue Little Ursay and hire a good one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT