ADVERTISEMENT

Jon Gruden, Chris Creighton, Randal-El

We paid 15 million to make a move and all the names have basically been garbage
LOL. Like you have the experience or football acumen to know whether any of these people could succeed at IU or not. I was just a kid when Lou Watson was canned, but my high school basketball coach used to laugh about IU fans losing their minds when an unknown Bob Knight was hired instead of a "splashy", nationally-known coach.

I have no idea if IU will screw up this hire or hit a home run, but I do know that neither you nor I, nor anyone else on this board is qualified to judge any of these candidates or make any accurate predictions about their success at this juncture.

As long as the guy has a solid resume and comes in with an attitude, he'll make enough of a 'splash'.

The one thing I loved about Coach Wilson was the attitude. He wouldn't hear 'Indiana has never won anything'. Like when he ripped on the radio guys who were joking about us right before they had him on.

The right coach just needs to hit the ground running and hustle and shake the bushes along with his assistants. Splash won't have much to do with it. No current recruit would say "ooh Herm Edwards" or whoever the current guy of that level is.
Haha What you just outlined is a splashy hire. A solid resume is all that requires.

Reactions: OpenWheels
Haha He was hired in 2013, but you are right in only one fact, 2014 was his first season. Did you think you made a big point by saying he TIED Ron English in his first year?

What did Chris Creighton do his second season then? Oh yeah, he won just 1 game....so in 2 seasons, he won 1 more game than Ron English did in 1 season. Quick, hire this guy!

Again, being .500 in the MAC isn't the stepping stone to the Power 4. It's merely a sign you belong at the IU of the MAC. Merely making a bowl game and finishing under .500 in doing so, isn't all you're making it out to be. I repeat....give me CTA over that nonsense.

The point was (and is) you don't have command of the facts regarding Chris Creighton's coaching career. Hopefully, consumers of this board/thread will then recognize your post as an ill-informed opinion about an experienced and very successful builder of previously moribund football programs.

Those 3 would be a major upgrade over Tom Allen.
Gruden - Home Run Hire, Super Bowl ring as Head Coach, show the ring and upgrade recruiting, can prepare well and be a great in-game head coach, NFL connections, Big Splash hire IU need to get out on the map after a century of floundering in the woods.
Creighton - Top MAC coach, offensive mind, Midwest roots to recruit
Randal-El - Would garner the most immediate NIL money to buy the best recruits & NFL ties to hire a competent staff, alumni to energize the base, former NFL player and IU star instant National Name recognition for program exposure and recruiting

….or, Gruden could end up the next Les Miles. Remember whe KU took him? Instant recognition to the tune of 3-18.

Reactions: DCDAVID and nichlee
The point was (and is) you don't have command of the facts regarding Chris Creighton's coaching career. Hopefully, consumers of this board/thread will then recognize your post as an ill-informed opinion about an experienced and very successful builder of previously moribund football programs.
Haha Based on what? Your fantasies? You think building a routinely barely at or below .500 team in the MAC, up from .333.....while still holding a 31-47 overall conference record is some accomplishment? What about anything he has done makes him even a candidate for an assistant coaching job? Please tell me you're not really that clueless...

Haha Based on what? Your fantasies? You think building a routinely barely at or below .500 team in the MAC, up from .333.....while still holding a 31-47 overall conference record is some accomplishment? What about anything he has done makes him even a candidate for an assistant coaching job? Please tell me you're not really that clueless...
Pretty harsh comments from you regarding a very successful coach at all levels so far

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Creighton

. 500 is success to you? That says all we need to know about IU fan expectations. Weak AF
I’m sorry that you lack the logic necessary to evaluate.

If you think that success at Michigan and Ohio State and Penn State looks identical to success at Indiana, Northwestern and Purdue, then I really can’t help you and I’m not really going to try.

I’m sorry that you lack the logic necessary to evaluate.

If you think that success at Michigan and Ohio State and Penn State looks identical to success at Indiana, Northwestern and Purdue, then I really can’t help you and I’m not really going to try.
What the hell are you talking about? Who ever even implied any of that? Ha We're comparing this goobers accomplishments to EMUs historical accomplishments.

I was told EMU's historical winning % was. 333. In 10 years, Chris Chreightons winning % at EMU is .340. Would you be ok with that equivalent improvement at IU 10 years down the line? It's ok of you want to admit you're wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT