ADVERTISEMENT

Names on back of IU jerseys

Lots of us would our jerseys are so outdated. Yes I know tradition blah blah blah but at some point the 80 year olds who dream of the 1976 hoosiers are going to pass away and we can maybe get more modern.
what's wrong with tradition? that's one thing that makes iu basketball different from everyone else. we should embrace it. not discard it.

I don't buy jerseys for the most part. The one colts jersey i bought ended up being a waste because the player turned out to be a dud and off the team not long after. When I was a kid, I had a Reggie Miller jersey but that was back when it was safe and stars stayed on 1 team.

If I had a choice, then I'd rather have a jersey with no name even if the real jerseys had names.

Reactions: i'vegotwinners
what's wrong with tradition? that's one thing that makes iu basketball different from everyone else. we should embrace it. not discard it.
Nothing wrong with it. I used to think some of those things are important. Still are somewhat. Times are changing though. Wether it’s these things we mention who knows.

I don't buy jerseys for the most part. The one colts jersey i bought ended up being a waste because the player turned out to be a dud and off the team not long after. When I was a kid, I had a Reggie Miller jersey but that was back when it was safe and stars stayed on 1 team.

If I had a choice, then I'd rather have a jersey with no name even if the real jerseys had names.
It seems as though we are as divided as the country on this topic. 🤣

Pretty sure it was a joke based on the current transient era college sports is experiencing, not a real reason for names.
I'll guarantee there were some thinking that was a good excuse to put names on jerseys. Names on football, baseball, and hockey uniform are fine. Maybe necessary in college football where 2 players can use the same number.

Thats right, you can modernize when I'm dead, and I'm just 50, but can still remember us being good

Reactions: kmathum
LOL is a refuge for those lacking wit.

Seems your forte is unwitting irony - hard to read you having an indignant hissy fit and then accusing another of being too 'sensitive' as anything else. Maybe try deep breaths. GL.
Ok Little Stuart you are the king of marsupials. Go eat your cheese and don’t forget to keep posting articles for me.

NIL is changing the landscape of jerseys with players names on back. Is the IU fan base going to accept this massive change?
I personally think it’s inevitable and with IU fan base a very enticing tool for recruiting
Absolutely I would. I think it'd be great for the kids...

Reactions: ericrossiu
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT