ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Cohen switches his party affiliation.

Here's what he is thinking:

giphy.gif

Reactions: meridian
Prove it, and I will take off that label from you.

OK. I challenge you to find a single post, or even a single sentence on this forum where I’ve said anything even remotely positive/supportive/defensive of the fine Mr. Trump. I’d wait, but having spent the last two hours at Trubble Brewing I’m not sure I’ll last much longer.

OK. I challenge you to find a single post, or even a single sentence on this forum where I’ve said anything even remotely positive/supportive/defensive of the fine Mr. Trump. I’d wait, but having spent the last two hours at Trubbel Brewing I’m not sure I’ll last much longer.
You voting a straight D ticket?

OK. I challenge you to find a single post, or even a single sentence on this forum where I’ve said anything even remotely positive/supportive/defensive of the fine Mr. Trump. I’d wait, but having spent the last two hours at Trubble Brewing I’m not sure I’ll last much longer.
Anybody whose name is "Hank" has to be a Pub and a Trumpian! Everybody knows that! ;)

Anybody whose name is "Hank" has to be a Pub and a Trumpian! Everybody knows that! ;)

My grandfathers name was Henry, but yeah I’m sure he was a republican. I neve knew him though.

Whether I take those dumbass online quizzes I always come out Libertarian. Which I suppose means I should move to a cabin in Montana.

My grandfathers name was Henry, but yeah I’m sure he was a republican. I neve knew him though.

Whether I take those dumbass online quizzes I always come out Libertarian. Which I suppose means I should move to a cabin in Montana.
I lived for 3 years in Montana. I love the state. Yes, even better than Seattle.

Literally an hour ago...

I am not "you", amigo. I am independent.
I said I am not a Democrat. I did not say I am not a liberal. I was a Democrat for 1 or 2 years, which is shorter than the time I was a Pub.

I am independent, but these days most independents vote Democratic because Republican Party has become ultra- right.:(

I said I am not a Democrat. I did not say I am not a liberal. I was a Democrat for 1 or 2 years, which is shorter than the time I was a Pub.

I am independent, but these days most independents vote Democratic because Republican Party has become ultra- right.:(
Most independents do not vote Democrat. At least, if by "independent," you mean "self-identified" independents. If they did, the Republicans would never win an election. Democratic membership has outstripped Republican membership for years. And yet the Republicans find ways to win elections. The fact that a large number of "independents" are actually reliable Republican voters is one reason why.

Most independents do not vote Democrat. At least, if by "independent," you mean "self-identified" independents. If they did, the Republicans would never win an election. Democratic membership has outstripped Republican membership for years. And yet the Republicans find ways to win elections. The fact that a large number of "independents" are actually reliable Republican voters is one reason why.
Well that should be really telling if most independents vote R . R's find ways to win elections?Maybe because D's are worthless? You don't need to answer this is a Liberal board with only Lib ideas

Almost everybody thinks they are an independent. Almost everybody is lying to themselves.
Not really responding directly to you, but I'll hang this here.

At the risk of just going pointlessly meta, I think the terms have lost a lot of meaning. According to some posters here, anybody who's not Trumpian is a "Lib" and is surely lying to themselves if they think they're "independent". I think that's obviously wrong.

On top of that, the issues driving the parties aren't even necessarily bread and butter issues right now. Folks are going to fall into those "left" and "right" camps at the moment based on some aberrant behaviors.

When the fever breaks, what's "left" and "right" and "independent" might look very different. So, on that note, when somebody like meridian says they're "independent", I tend to think they're saying they don't have really any meaningful allegiance to some transient association ... even if meridian is absolutely going to vote against anything Republican in the very short term.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT