ADVERTISEMENT

Matthew Bedford

Probably realized with all the other OL Colorado has been getting that he would be a rotational or backup at best. Smart move on his part if he wants playing time.
Yeah I fail to see what Deion is doing. Brought in a new O-line last year, a bunch just left this year, and now a new O line this year. Maybe he proves me wrong, but buying a rental team every year seems like the wrong way to do it.

Yeah I fail to see what Deion is doing. Brought in a new O-line last year, a bunch just left this year, and now a new O line this year. Maybe he proves me wrong, but buying a rental team every year seems like the wrong way to do it.
Especially the oline.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I bet he does. Put that guy on a good well coaches unit and he’s good. He was starting at LT as a true freshman and played very well.
When he started as a true frosh I thought we had a stuff on our hands not that sure never transpired. I can't believe his lack of development was all coaches but he was subject to the Hiller effect. I don't blame him a bit for becoming a Duck. I'm sure it's all about the 🤑🤑 and the young man needs to get it while he can. Hard to believe he'll start for then unless they are desperate.

Well, we're going to agree to disagree. Because I've seen that guy get beat so many times it's not even funny.
I am not necessarily trying to disagree, but just providing a different perspective. I don’t like to speak limitations on any individual and particularly our own players. What you may have seen is in the past. Matthew Bedford is in control of his own destiny and only he has control over his future. I do realize past performance is the best indicator of future performance, but in rare cases players can change their fortunes. Many made that mistake about Penix saying he wouldn’t make it a full season without injury and we know how that turned out. Maybe Bedford himself needed a change of scenery to fight the complacency that allowed him to regress? He could very well end up there and not start, or he could turn out to be their best lineman. That is up to Bedford and his off season work ethic, and the level of coaching he receives. I wish him well.

Our fan base has traditionally towed the "we have MAC level oline talent" theory.

If anything, this NIL environment is shooting that theory full of holes. When 75% of your oline is off to Oregon, Colorado, the U, etc., our fan base is WAYYY tf off.

I am not necessarily trying to disagree, but just providing a different perspective. I don’t like to speak limitations on any individual and particularly our own players. What you may have seen is in the past. Matthew Bedford is in control of his own destiny and only he has control over his future. I do realize past performance is the best indicator of future performance, but in rare cases players can change their fortunes. Many made that mistake about Penix saying he wouldn’t make it a full season without injury and we know how that turned out. Maybe Bedford himself needed a change of scenery to fight the complacency that allowed him to regress? He could very well end up there and not start, or he could turn out to be their best lineman. That is up to Bedford and his off season work ethic, and the level of coaching he receives. I wish him well.
Fair enough we will see. You are correct he's a kid I was a little harsh!

When he started as a true frosh I thought we had a stuff on our hands not that sure never transpired. I can't believe his lack of development was all coaches but he was subject to the Hiller effect. I don't blame him a bit for becoming a Duck. I'm sure it's all about the 🤑🤑 and the young man needs to get it while he can. Hard to believe he'll start for then unless they are desperate.
And let’s remember the Hiller effect was entirely due to the Allen effect. Which put our QBs at risk for their health for too many years.

And let’s remember the Hiller effect was entirely due to the Allen effect. Which put our QBs at risk for their health for too many years.
I liked the Cignetti interview talking about how much of the offense is his coordinator vs how much him. And he said mainly he's the head coach so may advise but usually only interjects in the overall plan to help us win, by seeing that we don't put our defense in bad spots, making sure we don't let the QB get hit too much... I found that last one refreshing and an intelligent take.

Our fan base has traditionally towed the "we have MAC level oline talent" theory.

If anything, this NIL environment is shooting that theory full of holes. When 75% of your oline is off to Oregon, Colorado, the U, etc., our fan base is WAYYY tf off.
Most just can't fathom the impact of bad coaching and schemes for OL players. You can take a very good OL put in the wrong system and wrong coach, they will look bad.

To be fair, Colorado had a MAC level offensive line last year, so Benson should look like a stud there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT