ADVERTISEMENT

Legaliazation: Unintended Consequences

I have a friend 45 years old. For last 10 years he’s battled rheumatoid arthritis. Lots of pain and pain pills. So bad he didn’t want to live. In desperation he threw away pain pills and went through withdrawal. He started taking a chewable and he’s mostly pain free and enjoying life. He posted video on golf course at 8 this morning laughing and having great time with his buddies.
it is shameful Indiana bureaucrats won't allow it at least for medicinal purposes

it is shameful Indiana bureaucrats won't allow it at least for medicinal purposes

I was surprised to learn that Delta-9 actually is legal in Indiana. I was under the impression that only Delta-8 was legal, but a local shop carries Delta-9 and says it's completely legal as long as it's derived from hemp and not regular cannabis. Regardless, I still get mine online from Wisconsin since it's cheaper than what the local guy offers.

I'm prescribed Xanax for sleeping and won't take them because I've had friends get hooked... which I'm so afraid will happen to me with the way I latch onto things, so that's why I take gummies as well.
I was prescribed both Ambien and Klonopin for sleep. Didn't work even while taking both. The indica gummies do very well though. Make sure they're indica if taking for sleep.

I was surprised to learn that Delta-9 actually is legal in Indiana. I was under the impression that only Delta-8 was legal, but a local shop carries Delta-9 and says it's completely legal as long as it's derived from hemp and not regular cannabis. Regardless, I still get mine online from Wisconsin since it's cheaper than what the local guy offers.
They basically just give it away in Michigan. Crazy cheap. $10 for 200mg worth of gummies.

I don’t know shit about this stuff but I think you’re getting cbd. We can’t mail our stuff.

I haven't bought any for about five weeks. Looks like they've halved the price.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I haven't bought any for about five weeks. Looks like they've halved the price.

Yeah that’s different than our shit. Ours has 10 mg of thc and fed law prohibits shipping. Little background if bored

Yeah that’s different than our shit. Ours has 10 mg of thc and fed law prohibits shipping. Little background if bored

They ship via US Mail. Gotta believe they have it covered somehow. There's an explanatory flyer in every package that claims (IIRC) that it's cool if the THC is derived from hemp rather than actual marijuana. Not trying to argue, just telling you my experience. All I know is what I'm getting is supposed to be 10mg Delta-9 THC, and that it allows me to sleep through the night with one trip to pee. Before I started using them I was pissing three times a night.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
They ship via US Mail. Gotta believe they have it covered somehow. There's an explanatory flyer in every package that claims (IIRC) that it's cool if the THC is derived from hemp rather than actual marijuana. Not trying to argue, just telling you my experience. All I know is what I'm getting is supposed to be 10mg Delta-9 THC, and that it allows me to sleep through the night with one trip to pee. Before I started using them I was pissing three times a night.
Yep the farm bill removed hemp from the fed controlled substance list. The THC concentration has a limit of 0.3 percent. You’re getting a cbd gummie. We make thc gummies. Generalizing. Ours is regulated differently

Yep the farm bill removed hemp from the fed controlled substance list. The THC concentration has a limit of 0.3 percent. You’re getting a cbd gummie. We make thc gummies. Generalizing. Ours is regulated differently

Yet mine says

D9 THC Gummies​

right on the package. What am I not understanding?

Make sure they're indica if taking for sleep.
if its a gummy, it's been through decarboxylation meaning heated at low temp to remove the extra molecule thus changing THC-A into THC-8 or 9 .. (thc -a does not get you high) and since heat at lower temps also changes THC into CBD... it really doesn't matter that much if it's Indica or not. It's not the type of genotype that matters as an edible sleep aid, it's the amount of CBD.

Sure there's more CBD in a Indica based edible if it's a strain with higher levels of CBD but generally not enough to matter. Smoking flower there can be a huge difference, in edibles not so much. Edible buzzes do not vary near as much as smoking flower.. and don't have all the other THC compounds, terpines or flavorines as flower does as many are destroyed in the extraction process.

Plus, if it's derived from hemp (aka trash ass ditch weed) it's basically all sativa.

On that note... most edibles (and infused rolls) are not always the strain on the label ... they add whatever flavor they wish and call it what ever they want.

If you're going to be a drug addict like me or a sleazy ass pusher like McM learn your damn drug.

That's all ..

Have a nice day ..

I buy 350mg -- 35 @10mg -- for $30 plus shipping. Two jars come to $70 total.
You don’t just drive up to Michigan? I understand you can haul out all that you can get in your vehicle.

Kind of surprised Indiana State Police aren’t finding a reason to stop vehicles come back into Indiana.

You don’t just drive up to Michigan? I understand you can haul out all that you can get in your vehicle.

Kind of surprised Indiana State Police aren’t finding a reason to stop vehicles come back into Indiana.

They have to have a valid reason, Stoll.

If people aren't dumb and drive like reasonable people, they shouldn't have any problems.

Damn. Ours are going for $15 -$20. 10 10mg
Sorry $4. Only $4. Insane. We go New Buffalo. There is 5 or 6 dispensaries right off 94. Everyone one of them is always packed with people. Mostly from Illinois.

I went to this place Saturday. Got 2 vape carts, 1 gram of their highest end flower, and 1 pre roll. $30. These guys live on volume because no way they are making good margins with these prices. Every store in SW Michigan is like this....

Sorry $4. Only $4. Insane. We go New Buffalo. There is 5 or 6 dispensaries right off 94. Everyone one of them is always packed with people. Mostly from Illinois.

I went to this place Saturday. Got 2 vape carts, 1 gram of their highest end flower, and 1 pre roll. $30. These guys live on volume because no way they are making good margins with these prices. Every store in SW Michigan is like this....

Yeah there’s a lot goes into this shit. Heavily regulated. But like other retail stuff in many ways. Manufacturer has sales reps that get the dispensaries to buy their stuff. You negotiate a sale price with the dispensary then the dispensary charges the customer whatever they want. Hopefully the shit sells fast and they order more obviously

A dispensary license is worth around 3 mil in our market. So you have that you can sell if you’re awarded. But that’s stressful too as you can’t just sit on them. You have to sell it or open by a certain time as part of the license agreement

Last edited:
Reactions: larsIU and manichi
Wh
if its a gummy, it's been through decarboxylation meaning heated at low temp to remove the extra molecule thus changing THC-A into THC-8 or 9 .. (thc -a does not get you high) and since heat at lower temps also changes THC into CBD... it really doesn't matter that much if it's Indica or not. It's not the type of genotype that matters as an edible sleep aid, it's the amount of CBD.

Sure there's more CBD in a Indica based edible if it's a strain with higher levels of CBD but generally not enough to matter. Smoking flower there can be a huge difference, in edibles not so much. Edible buzzes do not vary near as much as smoking flower.. and don't have all the other THC compounds, terpines or flavorines as flower does as many are destroyed in the extraction process.

Plus, if it's derived from hemp (aka trash ass ditch weed) it's basically all sativa.

On that note... most edibles (and infused rolls) are not always the strain on the label ... they add whatever flavor they wish and call it what ever they want.

If you're going to be a drug addict like me or a sleazy ass pusher like McM learn your damn drug.

That's all ..

Have a nice day ..
S what is delta 8 and 9? How does it compare to regular edibles?

Reactions: stollcpa
They have to have a valid reason, Stoll.

If people aren't dumb and drive like reasonable people, they shouldn't have any problems.

Just don't speed or run lights and most importantly keep your stash in your trunk. They can't just pull you over without a valid reason.

You poor naive bastards. Bless your hearts.

You poor naive bastards. Bless your hearts.
So to generalize you have cbd. Less than .03 thc and under the farm bill you’re golden. You drive to Illinois and load up on our shit thc, you’re breaking fed law once you cross the border and subject to fed prosecution and breaking Indiana law for possession. I suspect the county you’re in and the amount makes a difference re enforcement

Last edited:
Reactions: stollcpa
Wh

S what is delta 8 and 9? How does it compare to regular edibles?

Simple explanation THC-8 equals hemp derived. Some hemp can also contain THC-9 but like THC-8 only in very small amounts.

Of note - Hemp is a sativa.

Regular edibles, those that come from varieties of cannabis which were bred to produce much higher amounts of THC are THC-9.

It's a complicated plant ... and there's other chemicals at play .. Terpines, flavorines, CBN, CBD, 1000s of cannabinoids other than THC-A that also have an effect ...

Simple explanation THC-8 equals hemp derived. Some hemp can also contain THC-9 but like THC-8 only in very small amounts.

Of note - Hemp is a sativa.

Regular edibles, those that come from varieties of cannabis which were bred to produce much higher amounts of THC are THC-9.

It's a complicated plant ... and there's other chemicals at play .. Terpines, flavorines, CBN, CBD, 1000s of cannabinoids other than THC-A that also have an effect ...
Thx

So why is 9 legal in places where straight up weed is not?

I’d put in my 2 cents worth but in a previous life on here I got in an argument with Cav about weed and was permanently banned. That’s when I knew how seriously some of you all take this shit!!!!😂😂😂😂
Go ahead. Cav doesn't mod this forum.

I will also add, D8 THC will also get you high... It's a very mellow, super chill mellow.
It's bug eyed rat in a lab trash, doesn't last long enough, causes extreme paranoia and has horrible flavor. Ditch weed. What you're feeling is the cough syrup or mouthwash you drank before imbibing...

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
It's bug eyed rat in a lab trash, doesn't last long enough, causes extreme paranoia and has horrible flavor. Ditch weed. What you're feeling is the cough syrup or mouthwash you drank before imbibing...
I know this is a topic that you are very knowledgeable in, But none of that is what it gives me. Added bonus, if I take it about 2 hours before bed, I get one hour of buzz and then sleeeeeeeeeep hard.

I was prescribed both Ambien and Klonopin for sleep. Didn't work even while taking both. The indica gummies do very well though. Make sure they're indica if taking for sleep.
I’ve been blessed in many ways in my life and one of the most awesome is I’ve never had any issues sleeping.

I can sleep anywhere anytime. The only way I ever have trouble sleeping is if i literally do NOTHING AT ALL all day.

And that hardly ever happens.

I know this is a topic that you are very knowledgeable in, But none of that is what it gives me. Added bonus, if I take it about 2 hours before bed, I get one hour of buzz and then sleeeeeeeeeep hard.
With our 10mg thc indica enhanced with terpene you’d rest like a newborn while also experiencing a hint of pain reduction

I’ve been blessed in many ways in my life and one of the most awesome is I’ve never had any issues sleeping.

I can sleep anywhere anytime. The only way I ever have trouble sleeping is if i literally do NOTHING AT ALL all day.

And that hardly ever happens.
Hate people like you. Could sleep on a team bus. On a plane. Not me.

Hate people like you. Could sleep on a team bus. On a plane. Not me.
Dad always told me if you stay busy you won’t have trouble sleeping.

It’s the motto I’ve always lived by.

I’m sure there are people who work extremely hard and also have trouble sleeping but that simple precept has always worked for me.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT