ADVERTISEMENT

Leal: I took a lot of guff last year...

I’ve questioned it a few times over his 4 years. But man, when a kid is buried THAT deeply on the bench…just assumed he belonged there. He’s had some injuries, but gotta believe he’s deserved more of a role than he got at IU.
Makes me kinda sad. He’s probably busting his tail every day in practice (when healthy) and deep down knows he deserves a chance. Hard to bail when you’re a Mr Basketball from Bloomington who’s lifelong dream has been to wear the stripes.

I’ve questioned it a few times over his 4 years. But man, when a kid is buried THAT deeply on the bench…just assumed he belonged there. He’s had some injuries, but gotta believe he’s deserved more of a role than he got at IU.
FWIW he has a skill set thats compatible with the teams strengths unlike the rest whose lack of perimeter ability get in the way of our strengths.

Plus unlike CJ hes willing to do whatever it takes. Scrappy..

Doesnt neccessarily make him better individually but he fits into what were trying to do far far better.

I love he's doing well. No one deserves it more than him.

Ryan on Assembly Call made a call I support entirely: start him at PU on Saturday. Not like Cupps is tearing it up and reward a guy who's given his all to IU for 4 years and remained engaged. Senior backcourt and not like he can't guard Loyer. He brings awareness defensively, rebounds and can make 3s. It shakes things up and puts Cupps in his more natural position coming off the bench. Start Anthony Leal Saturday!

Ryan on Assembly Call made a call I support entirely: start him at PU on Saturday. Not like Cupps is tearing it up and reward a guy who's given his all to IU for 4 years and remained engaged. Senior backcourt and not like he can't guard Loyer. He brings awareness defensively, rebounds and can make 3s. It shakes things up and puts Cupps in his more natural position coming off the bench. Start Anthony Leal Saturday!
Agree!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT