ADVERTISEMENT

outside of Eddy

kurt cloverdales

All-American
Mar 3, 2020
name your All-American team. college basketball has changed so much I don't think I could name 10 players outside of the big 10. with the exception of UofL and Uk because of the local media. even Duke only heard of Filipkowski, UNC maybe Bacot and do they have a Davis that's pretty good. Dickerson at Kansas because he transferred from Mich also seem to remember an Adams and Mccullar and that's just because we played them. Marquette Texas Baylor Arizona Ucla Virgina couldn't come close to naming anyone on those teams. oh, and Bates from Missouri for obvious reasons.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Is it "Name the other four", or "If Edey didn't exist" five?

Offhand (assuming the former), I am guessing:

Dalton Knecht (Tenn)
RJ Davis (NC)
Kevin McCullar Jr. (Kansas - assuming he comes back, currently injured)
Tyler Kolek (Marquette - if he finishes strong)

Other strong contenders:
Tristen Newton (Uconn)
Kyle Filipowski (Duke)
DaRon Holmes (Dayton)
Mark Sears (Alabama)
Terrence Shannon Jr. (Illinois.....barf)

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Is it "Name the other four", or "If Edey didn't exist" five?

Offhand (assuming the former), I am guessing:

Dalton Knecht (Tenn)
RJ Davis (NC)
Kevin McCullar Jr. (Kansas - assuming he comes back, currently injured)
Tyler Kolek (Marquette - if he finishes strong)

Other strong contenders:
Tristen Newton (Uconn)
Kyle Filipowski (Duke)
DaRon Holmes (Dayton)
Mark Sears (Alabama)
Terrence Shannon Jr. (Illinois.....barf)
Terrance Shannon jr is a top 10 player, man what a weak year.

Just realized Keion Brooks is averaging 21ppg and 7 rebounds for Wash. Decent shooting numbers and averaging 35 min/game.

David Jones (Memphis) is 5th in scoring nationwide with 22ppg along with 7.5 rebounds. Respectable; team having solid season (18-6) .

If you had told me Xavier Johnson would average 23ppg this year, 2nd leading scorer in the nation, I would have told you we're going to the F4. Too bad it's the XJ who plays for Southern Illinois.

Just realized Keion Brooks is averaging 21ppg and 7 rebounds for Wash. Decent shooting numbers and averaging 35 min/game.

David Jones (Memphis) is 5th in scoring nationwide with 22ppg along with 7.5 rebounds. Respectable; team having solid season (18-6) .

If you had told me Xavier Johnson would average 23ppg this year, 2nd leading scorer in the nation, I would have told you we're going to the F4. Too bad it's the XJ who plays for Southern Illinois.
I seriously considered adding Brooks to my list, but the problem is that his team is 13-11, and I suspect that will sadly eliminate him from any serious consideration.

I seriously considered adding Brooks to my list, but the problem is that his team is 13-11, and I suspect that will sadly eliminate him from any serious consideration.
agreed. Same thing with the guy from Memphis, their Kenpom is mid 70s, they're likely a bubble team and might not make the tourney. Plays in a weak conference and may have to win conf tourney to get in.

Overall, seems like a pretty weak season across the country.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT