ADVERTISEMENT

I got to storm the court last night when Creighton beat UCONN

Jan 14, 2021
As much as I enjoyed getting to storm the court to celebrate Creighton's taking down of a #1 team, I couldn't help the feeling of jealousy that set in that I had for fans of both Creighton and UCONN. Creighton's coaching and game preparation was clearly evident and they went 7 deep and all their dudes were put in positions to be successful for the team. I was envious of the overabundance of skilled players at all positions - ball handling, shooting, size, athleticism, and hustle. Also I'm convinced Danny Hurley intentionally plays the crybaby villain card to take the pressure off of his players. He was whining when calls were blatantly obvious. One thing of note - as crazy and loud as the arena was last night, it did not come close to the atmosphere at Assembly Hall. We deserve a better product on the court. I hope it comes sooner rather than later.

As much as I enjoyed getting to storm the court to celebrate Creighton's taking down of a #1 team, I couldn't help the feeling of jealousy that set in that I had for fans of both Creighton and UCONN. Creighton's coaching and game preparation was clearly evident and they went 7 deep and all their dudes were put in positions to be successful for the team. I was envious of the overabundance of skilled players at all positions - ball handling, shooting, size, athleticism, and hustle. Also I'm convinced Danny Hurley intentionally plays the crybaby villain card to take the pressure off of his players. He was whining when calls were blatantly obvious. One thing of note - as crazy and loud as the arena was last night, it did not come close to the atmosphere at Assembly Hall. We deserve a better product on the court. I hope it comes sooner rather than later.
I've been saying for over a year now, but I would take McDermott in a heartbeat. He's got a good thing going at Creighton.

Reactions: Vern Pain
How old are you?

Really? And you actually stormed the court? I’ve always thought that was better left to half-baked college kids typically overcome with youthful emotions. Maybe I’m wrong. 😑
not sure on the protocol - i just know that i never had done it and me and my two sons all decided before the game that if we won, we'd storm. i will say there were people of all ages and it just seemed like an impromptu mash pit.

not sure on the protocol - i just know that i never had done it and me and my two sons all decided before the game that if we won, we'd storm. i will say there were people of all ages and it just seemed like an impromptu mash pit.
You would have if you would have went to the Nebraska v Purdue game a few weeks back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT