ADVERTISEMENT

Kavanaugh

What makes you think they were children? How do you know they weren’t college girls too? And didn’t you ever go to summer parties with high school and college kids? At vacation spots, lakes, summer places, etc that’s pretty normal.

Multiple gang rape, summer parties, in which Kavanaugh and his friends were going after exclusively older women.

Anonymous = useless, except it reinforces the GOP argument that this is a hoax.

Btw, did we the Water Cooler ever conclude whether or not Democrats had jumped the shark on this?
Nope . . . we got straight to jumping the shark ourselves.

Maybe that's what Noodle has been so grouchy about . . . .

Reactions: Jeb MT Mater
What makes you think they were children? How do you know they weren’t college girls too? And didn’t you ever go to summer parties with high school and college kids? At vacation spots, lakes, summer places, etc that’s pretty normal.
I never went to high school parties once I was in college, no. Ok, how about minors, is that better? She is 3 years older than Kavanaugh, and these parties supposedly were full of high school kids. She was in college.

2072...... Mods please lock this down. WE can not help ourselves! Damnit I want to go to sleep....

Anonymous = useless, except it reinforces the GOP argument that this is a hoax.

Btw, did we the Water Cooler ever conclude whether or not Democrats had jumped the shark on this?
And there are rumors that some of the Dems are afraid the GOP sent in anonymous tips that could be debunked , so that all claims would look false. I’m not sure if that makes the Dems or the Pubs look crazier.

See the 2nd half of my post at 2038. I've answered this question as best I can.
Last try and then I will quit. If me, as an adult, go over to my neighbors house and witness a drug induced gang rape involving minors, not once, but several times, is there an obligation on my part to report that to authorities? Can I get into trouble if I just go back to my house, and stay silent? This is not a gotcha question, but was asking you because as a lawyer I thought you might know. If you don’t, that is ok.

I never went to high school parties once I was in college, no. Ok, how about minors, is that better? She is 3 years older than Kavanaugh, and these parties supposedly were full of high school kids. She was in college.
Did you ever go to a summer place like they are talking about? Our lake has people from all over. We saw each other only in the summer, so the parties included everyone from about 16- 22 or even a little older. Every summer. Still happens. No rapes, as far as I know. But lots of drinking and may or may not have drugs.

And there are rumors that some of the Dems are afraid the GOP sent in anonymous tips that could be debunked , so that all claims would look false. I’m not sure if that makes the Dems or the Pubs look crazier.
Where did you see that? I’d be interested in reading that.

Did you ever go to a summer place like they are talking about? Our lake has people from all over. We saw each other only in the summer, so the parties included everyone from about 16- 22 or even a little older. Every summer. Still happens. No rapes, as far as I know. But lots of drinking and may or may not have drugs.
I didn’t but I am sure that it happens. Is this what we are talking about here, a summer house on the lake, or was this at a perminate residence?

I didn’t but I am sure that it happens. Is this what we are talking about here, a summer house on the lake, or was this at a perminate residence?
I’ve lost track but I think this was some of the Beach Week stuff. She’s two years older...he is 53 and she is 55.

Has anyone considered that Brett Kavanaugh may just have a wide stance?

I don't know if the accusations are true or not, lets assume much of it is. He gone.

What strikes me is the 24 karat hypocrisy from the left. Remember Bill Clinton's accusers? They were maligned by the left with impunity. Remember when he didn't have sex with that woman? The mantra from the left was "that is his personal life, what matters is what he does as POTUS".

Tough to be an independent moderate these days. I am the only one left.

Reactions: Quix0te and herrli
Is this a whole different accusation?

At some point, you have to wonder how this guy thinks he can weather this.

Of all the accusations the boat one seems the flimsiest, not that it matters. A recognition 30 years later based on a high school photograph of a guy who's already been in the news for a solid week for alleged sexual offenses?

Hard for me to take this individual one seriously. Though as I said, not that this one matters.

Of all the accusations the boat one seems the flimsiest, not that it matters. A recognition 30 years later based on a high school photograph of a guy who's already been in the news for a solid week for alleged sexual offenses?

Hard for me to take this individual one seriously. Though as I said, not that this one matters.

Yes, the only credible accusations at this point seem to be the 3 public ones. Senate GOP seems to be releasing some of the anonymous ones to try to muddy the waters (even including a couple people anonymously claiming that they were actually the ones who attacked Dr. Ford).

It's evidently not anonymous (names blacked out), so that's a lead. The guy said he went with another guy so that's another witness. Strikes me that this is primed for...investigation.

One of the problems with this thread, since Noodle is having trouble noodling it, is that some posts are skipping the investigative angle, which is taking whatever pops up as clues in an investigation. You follow the clues and find something truthful or untruthful. The partisans are arguing whether or not something is a clue. EVERYTHING is a clue. A false statement is a clue. A true statement is a clue. The only question is, where do the clues lead?

The description of the boat is somewhat specific. That's a clue. Kava's calendar is a clue. Tons of clues have been amassed in this. Now it's time to put together the puzzle, find out which pieces don't fit, which do, and what the picture looks like when the real pieces go together.

This ought to be a fun exercise for America. The public could watch while our public servants do their due diligence in investigating and solving this mystery. That's what's happened to America. We've lost our sense of fun, our spirit of play.

FBI investigation needed -acquire the facts, via criminal prosecution for lying. FAIR PROCESS

Only questions needed to be asked MK - Judge, since you support a fair process - do you support an FBI investigation into the accusations against you? If not, why not?

So a college student going back to hang with high school kids, watching drug induced gang rapes involving kids, and says nothing. Wow, what a swell person.
What does that make all the guys who were actually doing the raping and saying nothing? I guess "what happens at Georgetown Prep stays at Georgetown Prep" as Kavanaugh says.

What does that make all the guys who were actually doing the raping and saying nothing? I guess "what happens at Georgetown Prep stays at Georgetown Prep" as Kavanaugh says.
Didn't say that at all. If there were drug induced gang rapes going on, those who participated should all be in jail...for ever. Of course I do believe in the presumption of innocence through due process. Do you?

Didn't say that at all. If there were drug induced gang rapes going on, those who participated should all be in jail...for ever. Of course I do believe in the presumption of innocence through due process. Do you?
For criminal cases absolutely. I believe in giving people benefit of the doubt as well. Mark Judge's girlfriend says that Judge told him about such events taking place at these parties. But he didn't describe it to her as rape, he described them as consensual. Given Judge was Kavanaugh's BFF in HS seems like we should hear from him under oath.

Time to move on from Kavanaugh. Otherwise this thread will beat the Godspeed John McCain thread for most views. Civic priorities.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT