ADVERTISEMENT

Kavanaugh

No one would ever mistake you for a journalist Zekes so I'm not expecting you to understand, but NBC releasing this information is some of the most blatant, partisan, bastardization of journalism I have ever seen.
That’s interesting, because my guess is I’ve taken more journalism classes than you have. I know your idea of journalism is state tv, Fox News.

Yeah, I get that . . . my sense is that you're looking at the issues from a meta level. I'm inquiring at a more granular level . . . a specific girl who attended these kinds of parties 10 or so times, apparently witnessed sexual assaults at each of them and continued to attend the parties ultimately becoming a sexual assault victim herself. I can see where getting raped on the first visit to such a party is more solely the perpetrator's fault/responsibility.

Where, if ever, along the path from debauched party #1 to debauched party #10 does some - not all, certainly, but some - of the fault/responsibility begin to move in the direction of the girl attending those 10 parties and witnessing the assaults? Does she ever have responsibility for what happens to herself when she's assaulted? Does she have any responsibility to any of the girls who are assaulted after debauched party #1? Does she have any responsibility to any of the boys who for the first time attend any of the debauched parties from #2 on, who because of drunkenness, peer pressure, immaturity or whatever reason get involved with one of the subsequent assaults?

I dunno . . . I've got notions, but no clear understanding of what obligations these kids owe to one another . . . so I'm asking y'all, and particularly zeke, what y'all think.
To further your point, or to ask you as a lawyer, is there further responsibility on her part being an adult, witnessing children engaged in drug induced gang rape, on multiple occasions?

vm6q4.jpg

You just can't look away . . . there's always something new . . .

. . . makes you wonder what the hell is going on with the real business of the country behind this circus . . . .
Every time I’m away from media for more than 15 minutes, I’m sure I’ve missed something big. And I usually have.

To further your point, or to ask you as a lawyer, is there further responsibility on her part being an adult, witnessing children engaged in drug induced gang rape, on multiple occasions?

Two things: You said she was an adult; the story she tells is that she was 15.

Otherwise, I dunno . . . I'm not admitted in Maryland, DC or Virginia. I can say only that I know of no law that would impose such a responsibility on her.

5? How'd we go from 3 to 5 just while I was having dinner?
I thought we'd gone from 3 to 5, and then dropped back down to 4 with the guy in Miami claiming Avenatti's client - the Miami guy's former girlfriend - is crazy . . . .

Otherwise, I dunno . . . I'm not admitted in Maryland, DC or Virginia. I can say only that I know of no law that would impose such a responsibility on her.
Swetnick graduated high school in 1980 and the alleged gang rapes were in the 1981-83 timeframe.
There, are you happy I contributed now?

Reactions: Sope Creek
Swetnick graduated high school in 1980 and the alleged gang rapes were in the 1981-83 timeframe.
There, are you happy I contributed now?
We can't do it without ya, Noods. You're an integral part of the team . . . even if you did go to PU.

No, especially from certain posters. But I really hoped for a little better.
Not sure why you're even hoping. This thread started with twenty saying Democrats had jumped the shark. Liberals said, "Hey, that's sounds like fun!" and conservatives said, "Perverts!" over and over and over.

Put differently, liberals are giddily practicing for November 6th and conservatives are pining, in advance, for those halcyon Trump days...

(this is where twenty chimes in, saying I'm fabricating shit)

I’ve read she graduated HS in 1980. Talking about Aventti’s client, and is 3 years older than BK. So he was 12? Yikes.

I did.

Whaaaaaat?

You seem to be a very good poster with very well reasoned post. It very well be that you are incapable of seeing the comedic content of what I said, taking things to slight extremes, but I find that extremely hard to believe. Don't pull my chain with "WHAAAAT", unless you really can't see the satire-ish thing I did. But if you can't, then I am sorry. I just don't know how to make it relate to your understanding.

I thought we'd gone from 3 to 5, and then dropped back down to 4 with the guy in Miami claiming Avenatti's client - the Miami guy's former girlfriend - is crazy . . . .

We have Ford, Yale girl drunk and got flashed, Avenattis client....and then what else?

An anonymous letter from Boulder, CO and some crackpot old guy from Rhode Island?

You're late; Noodle already needled me on that one. See post 2036 and my reply at 2038.
So a college student going back to hang with high school kids, watching drug induced gang rapes involving kids, and says nothing. Wow, what a swell person.

We have Ford, Yale girl drunk and got flashed, Avenattis client....and then what else?

An anonymous letter from Boulder, CO and some crackpot old guy from Rhode Island?
zeke's keeping track more so than I am . . . she got us to 5.

Who's the crackpot old guy from Rhode Island? That's a new one on me.

And . . .
Well my original question was from a legal standpoint. Does she as an adult have any legal responsibility or culpability after watching children gang raped on multiple occasions? My guess is no but I am not a lawyer.

Well my original question was from a legal standpoint. Does she as an adult have any legal responsibility or culpability after watching children gang raped on multiple occasions? My guess is no but I am not a lawyer.
I answered that in some detail.

You're focused only on those accusing Kavanaugh, and granting them full credibility for the admissions against interest, but not granting any credibility regarding the accusations against Kavanaugh.

You can't have it both ways, Jim, as I commented previously.

zeke's keeping track more so than I am . . . she got us to 5.

Who's the crackpot old guy from Rhode Island? That's a new one on me.
The yacht in Rhode Island and the physical abuse in Colorado. The Senate has been looking into both of those and both are anonymous, so again, taking with grain of salt. At this point, you have to put your name on it.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I answered that in some detail.

You're focused only on those accusing Kavanaugh, and granting them full credibility for the admissions against interest, but not granting any credibility regarding the accusations against Kavanaugh.

You can't have it both ways, Jim, as I commented previously.
No I am not trying to have it both ways. I am asking what the law may be because I don’t know.

The yacht in Rhode Island and the physical abuse in Colorado. The Senate has been looking into both of those and both are anonymous, so again, taking with grain of salt. At this point, you have to put your name on it.
Oh, OK . . . I thought he was referring to the ex-boyfriend in Miami and saying that he's old because he's 63. Well, Uncle Mark is 63 . . . .

What makes you think they were children? How do you know they weren’t college girls too? And didn’t you ever go to summer parties with high school and college kids? At vacation spots, lakes, summer places, etc that’s pretty normal.

Anonymous = useless, except it reinforces the GOP argument that this is a hoax.

Btw, did we the Water Cooler ever conclude whether or not Democrats had jumped the shark on this?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT