ADVERTISEMENT

Kavanaugh

We are up to 5. What’s wrong with YOU people who still haven’t figured it out?

No one would ever mistake you for a journalist Zekes so I'm not expecting you to understand, but NBC releasing this information is some of the most blatant, partisan, bastardization of journalism I have ever seen.

He's referencing an old theory about how gender roles arose in prehistoric times, especially how apparently all of human society developed with men "in charge," so to speak. I'm not sure it's as widely accepted as it used to be, since so many anthropologists are working to subvert old assumptions, but it has nothing to do with politics. It's really an evolutionary theory.
Yea, I know, but that wasn't as fun.

Hmmmm.....

Humans probably weren't meant to be monogamous and the sex drive is driven by chemical reactions to desirable traits not purely security or station. The above may be the norm for marriage (a human concept) or other similar partnership but not for acts of desire which are driven instinctively.

Yea, I know, but that wasn't as fun.

Hmmmm.....

Humans probably weren't meant to be monogamous and the sex drive is driven by chemical reactions to desirable traits not purely security or station. The above may be the norm for marriage (a human concept) or other similar partnership but not for acts of desire which are driven instinctively.
There are definite biological signs that monogamy is not inherent in our evolution. For example, the glans penis is thought to act as a sperm scoop, removing the seed of whomever was just in the same place recently.

Yeah, I get that . . . my sense is that you're looking at the issues from a meta level. I'm inquiring at a more granular level . . . a specific girl who attended these kinds of parties 10 or so times, apparently witnessed sexual assaults at each of them and continued to attend the parties ultimately becoming a sexual assault victim herself. I can see where getting raped on the first visit to such a party is more solely the perpetrator's fault/responsibility.

Where, if ever, along the path from debauched party #1 to debauched party #10 does some - not all, certainly, but some - of the fault/responsibility begin to move in the direction of the girl attending those 10 parties and witnessing the assaults? Does she ever have responsibility for what happens to herself when she's assaulted? Does she have any responsibility to any of the girls who are assaulted after debauched party #1? Does she have any responsibility to any of the boys who for the first time attend any of the debauched parties from #2 on, who because of drunkenness, peer pressure, immaturity or whatever reason get involved with one of the subsequent assaults?

I dunno . . . I've got notions, but no clear understanding of what obligations these kids owe to one another . . . so I'm asking y'all, and particularly zeke, what y'all think.
I'm wondering if she got raped before the tenth party... o_O

In terms of corroborative evidence, the number still sits at 0.
It's an interesting question, whether the similarity of the various accusers would be sufficient to bring them within a pattern and practice kind of argument for a trial court to consider as admissible evidence in a criminal trial.

That said, in a Senate hearing and in the court of public opinion, you're dead wrong.

Sweatnik (sp?) (Avenatti's client) says in her declaration that she attended 10 of these wild parties. Sounds certain that she saw what was happening and still went back.
Here is the transcript of her declaration. It does sound certain that she saw girls being given excessive drinks or drugs and lineups of boys waiting to rape them. It does say that her reaction to this was simply to avoid drinking the punch. But then she was raped herself later. Not that it is substantively important but she doesn't say that this happened at all ten parties. You mean that it is implausible that she would go back to these parties where the pattern of gang rapes of a woman would occur. This seems like profoundly bad judgement but not particularly implausible.

Sweatnik (sp?) (Avenatti's client) says in her declaration that she attended 10 of these wild parties. Sounds certain that she saw what was happening and still went back.

Actually that is NOT what she said. She said she attended 10 or so parties where Kavanaugh and Judge were there, but she did NOT say she saw those type of events at every one of those parties.

Most of the news reports have summarized her allegations and claimed she said there were 10 parties where specific events occurred. But her reference to "10 parties" only referred to the total number of parties she attended where she also saw Kavanaugh and Judge...

"7. Following that first introduction, I attended well over ten house parties in the
Washington, DC. area during the years 1981-1983 where Mark Judge and Brett
Kavanaugh were present. These parties were a common occurrence in the area and
occurred nearly every weekend during the school year. On numerous occasions at these
parties, I witnessed Mark Judge and Brett Kavanaugh drink excessively and engage in
highly inappropriate conduct, including being overly aggressive with girls and not taking
?No? for an answer. This conduct included the fondling and grabbing of girls without
their consent."

In another allegation, she mentions hearing of the parties also occurring thru out the summer. And in a remarkable coincidence, she also details personally attending a party at Ocean Beach during "Beach Week". The "coincidence" is that Kavanaugh's calendar (that he submitted) has a week marked off and highlighted as "Beach Week"...

Yeah, but that's from another woman, so it doesn't count.
Seems to me that if Trump deems Hillary's aides to be guilty because they exercised their Fifth Amendment rights, the court of public opinion ought to be entitled to conclude that Kavanaugh's accuser(s) is/are telling the truth because the Senate Judiciary Committee hasn't subpoenaed Mark Judge to testify on all this mess.

Yes, and there seems to be more “truth” coming out about this profoundly flawed candidate on a daily basis.

It isn't a trial, but if they are sworn and put under oath doesn't it act in such a way? Are we talking about getting the truth or are we not?

Last edited:
Actually that is NOT what she said. She said she attended 10 or so parties where Kavanaugh and Judge were there, but she did NOT say she saw those type of events at every one of those parties.

Most of the news reports have summarized her allegations and claimed she said there were 10 parties where specific events occurred. But her reference to "10 parties" only referred to the total number of parties she attended where she also saw Kavanaugh and Judge...

"7. Following that first introduction, I attended well over ten house parties in the
Washington, DC. area during the years 1981-1983 where Mark Judge and Brett
Kavanaugh were present. These parties were a common occurrence in the area and
occurred nearly every weekend during the school year. On numerous occasions at these
parties, I witnessed Mark Judge and Brett Kavanaugh drink excessively and engage in
highly inappropriate conduct, including being overly aggressive with girls and not taking
?No? for an answer. This conduct included the fondling and grabbing of girls without
their consent."

In another allegation, she mentions hearing of the parties also occurring thru out the summer. And in a remarkable coincidence, she also details personally attending a party at Ocean Beach during "Beach Week". The "coincidence" is that Kavanaugh's calendar (that he submitted) has a week marked off and highlighted as "Beach Week"...
I agree. She didn't say she saw this conduct at ten parties. She said, "On numerous occasions at these parties, I witnessed Mark Judge and Brett Kavanaugh drink excessively and engage in
highly inappropriate conduct, including being overly aggressive with girls and not taking No for an answer. This conduct included the fondling and grabbing of girls without their consent."

So, maybe only 7 of those parties instead of 10. Still not very helpful to Kavanaugh, is it?

I agree. She didn't say she saw this conduct at ten parties. She said, "On numerous occasions at these parties, I witnessed Mark Judge and Brett Kavanaugh drink excessively and engage in
highly inappropriate conduct, including being overly aggressive with girls and not taking No for an answer. This conduct included the fondling and grabbing of girls without their consent."

So, maybe only 7 of those parties instead of 10. Still not very helpful to Kavanaugh, is it?

Of course, now her ex claims she’s nuts and once had a restraining order against her. This is just far too entertaining.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I said that because of what his roommate said and also Judge’s wife and multiple others. And it’s obvious what the boys were trying to reply. Once again, beneath you to use a silly tag line and try to do a gotcha moment on a very serious subject.
Your post essentially ridiculed the idea that the Renate Alumni gang didn’t have sex with Renate although Renate claims that didn’t have it. Sorry if I took that to mean you didn’t believe Renate when she said she didn’t have sex with those guys. Not sure what else you could have meant, but sorry anyway.

Of course, now her ex claims she’s nuts and once had a restraining order against her. This is just far too entertaining.
You just can't look away . . . there's always something new . . .

. . . makes you wonder what the hell is going on with the real business of the country behind this circus . . . .

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
This entire thread is an embarrassment to the WC. And I’m talking about the posts on both sides of the matter. Heck, a few of you should be in DC tomorrow to testify, as you seem to know a lot more about what happened 30+ years ago than the people who claim to have actually been there.

This entire thread is an embarrassment to the WC. And I’m talking about the posts on both sides of the matter. Heck, a few of you should be in DC tomorrow to testify, as you seem to know a lot more about what happened 30+ years ago than the people who claim to have actually been there.
You're late . . . try to catch up.

Reactions: Jeb MT Mater
Did you expect anything different?

The thread has 2000 posts. You were expecting sanity?

You just got here . . . or at least you just posted.

Besides, who pissed in your Cheerios today?
I have previously posted in this thread. I have also read almost all of the posts in this thread. No one pissed in my Cheerios today.

I have previously posted in this thread. I have also read almost all of the posts in this thread. No one pissed in my Cheerios today.
OK . . . well, then straighten the rest of us out. I'm all ears to hear what you have to say.

ADVERTISEMENT