ADVERTISEMENT

Kanon Catchings

He looks slow. He’s the definition of tweener. Not physical/skilled enough to guard the 3 or 5. He looks like a classic 4 that can shoot. I’ve seen many say he’s a 5 but boy has he got a lot of work to do.
He didn't really shoot it from the perimeter all that much, and wasn't effective when he did. His best offensive contributions were on crafty, up and under, type post moves.

I have to admit, I didn't follow him as closely as some other Indiana kids in high school/AAU. But my perception was that he was more of a perimeter oriented big coming out of HS. Why he/they would flip that to him being predominately post oriented, when they have Edey and Furst, and they need better perimeter players...well its weird to me.

And obviously my perceptions of him coming out of HS could be way off.

He didn't really shoot it from the perimeter all that much, and wasn't effective when he did. His best offensive contributions were on crafty, up and under, type post moves.

I have to admit, I didn't follow him as closely as some other Indiana kids in high school/AAU. But my perception was that he was more of a perimeter oriented big coming out of HS. Why he/they would flip that to him being predominately post oriented, when they have Edey and Furst, and they need better perimeter players...well its weird to me.

And obviously my perceptions of him coming out of HS could be way off.
I meant to say,”shoot some”. I’d say it’s because he’s not good enough to guard the perimeter. Jury is still out.

So genetics, speed, size, athleticism have little to do with getting to the NBA?
Your argument however doesn’t make sense. A lot of guys are nba talent if they are 4 inches taller. How good would yogi Ferrell been? SMH dumb comment dude

Reactions: kkott
He looks slow. He’s the definition of tweener. Not physical/skilled enough to guard the 3 or 5. He looks like a classic 4 that can shoot. I’ve seen many say he’s a 5 but boy has he got a lot of work to do.
I think he's a stretch 4 personally. Thought he was out of place last year. I think furst is closer to a 5. My 2 cents

Your argument however doesn’t make sense. A lot of guys are nba talent if they are 4 inches taller. How good would yogi Ferrell been? SMH dumb comment dude
You just agree with my whole premise. Saying Carsen is to short. Height was his knock. That has nothing to do with Painter not being able to develop NBA talent. Painter developed Carsen, but his intangibles kept him out.

Furst and Kaufman have been busts so far. They will probably end up losing to a more atheltic mid-major.
Kaufman has played 1 year. Furst 2. At a position where the NPOY demanded the most minutes and touches. But ok. If what you told me all offseason was correct and edey didn't play 20 minutes a game, they'd have had more time to show up.

So genetics, speed, size, athleticism have little to do with getting to the NBA?
Edwards didn't stick in the NBA because he couldn't defend worth a crap and was too inefficient from the field to be a rotational piece. I don't think size was as big of a detriment as you make it out to be. He was the same size as Yogi Ferrell who played 5 seasons in the NBA.

I think he's a stretch 4 personally. Thought he was out of place last year. I think furst is closer to a 5. My 2 cents
Might be(he’s a 4 that can shoot some imho)but the problem is you have 2 similar posts playing together.

*true stretch 4s can handle like a guard* trey can’t just yet. If ever.

Last edited:
Might be(he’s a 4 that can shoot some imho)but the problem is you have 2 similar posts playing together.

*true stretch 4s can handle like a guard* trey can’t just yet.
They made him a "5" when Purdue redshirted him and put about 20 lbs on his frame. He doesn't move well enough to guard out to the perimeter.

Probably killed what any chance he had at playing at the next level.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
They made him a "5" when Purdue redshirted him and put about 20 lbs on his frame. He doesn't move well enough to guard out to the perimeter.

Painter redshirted an alleged top 50 kid to turn him into an antiquated, undersized big: brilliant! No wonder they are losing to #16 seeds. What a recruiting selling point!

Kaufman has played 1 year. Furst 2. At a position where the NPOY demanded the most minutes and touches. But ok. If what you told me all offseason was correct and edey didn't play 20 minutes a game, they'd have had more time to show up.
The alleged "NPOY" can't beat mid-majors and may not get drafted: sounds like there are at least 60 better players than Frankenball. If Kaufman and Furst can't get run against a mid-major and dominate them, then that isn't saying much about them. A lot of hype, no results.

Doesn't sound like you've been following along in this thread. It's an issue with his genetics, speed, size, athleticism that will keep him out of the league, not pork chop's player development.

The alleged "NPOY" can't beat mid-majors and may not get drafted: sounds like there are at least 60 better players than Frankenball. If Kaufman and Furst can't get run against a mid-major and dominate them, then that isn't saying much about them. A lot of hype, no results.
Edey had 21 and 15. Guards not hitting 3's was the issue that game. Wide open

• Love
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Doesn't sound like you've been following along in this thread. It's an issue with his genetics, speed, size, athleticism that will keep him out of the league, not pork chop's player development.
Not to many bad athletes in the NBA.

You just agree with my whole premise. Saying Carsen is to short. Height was his knock. That has nothing to do with Painter not being able to develop NBA talent. Painter developed Carsen, but his intangibles kept him out.
Oh good lord

Painter redshirted an alleged top 50 kid to turn him into an antiquated, undersized big: brilliant! No wonder they are losing to #16 seeds. What a recruiting selling point!
And promised he would develop into a more perimeter oriented player. Said it in his announcement video. That’s looking unlikely.

Reactions: kkott
Edey had 21 and 15. Guards not hitting 3's was the issue that game. Wide open
You lost to a #16 seed! Getting your ass beat and outcoached by basically a D-2 program is the issue. Moore from FDU looked like a better player than Edey. FDU made it impossible for Edey to get the ball in the last 9-10 minutes, which is saying something. All that hype for Furst and Kaufman, and they were riding the pine at the end.

You lost to a #16 seed! Getting your ass beat and outcoached by basically a D-2 program is the issue. Moore from FDU looked like a better player than Edey. FDU made it impossible for Edey to get the ball in the last 9-10 minutes, which is saying something. All that hype for Furst and Kaufman, and they were riding the pine at the end.
Yup. They put 5 guys on edey and forced guards to hit shots. They didn't.

• Wow
Yup. They put 5 guys on edey and forced guards to hit shots. They didn't.
No they didn’t. They brought pressure but not all 5. What hurt most was Purdue could only run 1 set. I saw more than once smith get bottled up and fletcher trying to set up with under 20. Once you stop Purdue on that slow set they couldn’t run anything else. No player could just go get one. Including Edey. That won’t change either.

• Love
And promised he would develop into a more perimeter oriented player. Said it in his announcement video. That’s looking unlikely.
I distinctly remember Woodson saying if TJD came back he would develop his outside shot. Did that not happen or did I just miss all those outside shots he made the last couple seasons? Be careful when pointing fingers because as they say you have three pointing back at you.

• Haha
I distinctly remember Woodson saying if TJD came back he would develop his outside shot. Did that not happen or did I just miss all those outside shots he made the last couple seasons? Be careful when pointing fingers because as they say you have three pointing back at you.
TJD just potentially played his way into the first round with the way his game expanded as a point forward last year. This isn't the gotcha you think it is.

Maybe he did help him with his outside shot, didn't he hit like 9 of his first 12 3-point shots in the NBA tryout? His biggest demand for IU was inside, not outside shooting 3-pointers.

You are distinct. Lots of laughs and pointed fingers towards the north bub.

That’s admirable. So your whole life, huh? Do you hand out cards to people you meet to explain to them or ?
No. It just says my name, my certification, my business's name, and my current jobs position. And some certification letters. Don't care what people think tbh. Doesn't affect me or my future. Banter is fun though

No. It just says my name, my certification, my business's name, and my current jobs position. And some certification letters. Don't care what people think tbh. Doesn't affect me or my future. Banter is fun though
I doubt you have a job. You spend way too much time on here.

It says.

“ Gilligan”.

First. Mate

Reactions: rocketo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT