ADVERTISEMENT

Kanon Catchings

No they didn’t. They brought pressure but not all 5. What hurt most was Purdue could only run 1 set. I saw more than once smith get bottled up and fletcher trying to set up with under 20. Once you stop Purdue on that slow set they couldn’t run anything else. No player could just go get one. Including Edey. That won’t change either.
Amazing how stupid the Big 10 is then, as Purdue won it by 3 games, if u remember.

Uh, your PU edumacation is failing you again. You musta' aced the livestock husbandry courses. Break out the Webster's my friend!
Iu degree actually. Business. It's that iu education I guess.

It's working just fine. Don't assume, you will just look like a... well, you know the answer to that. Assuming has already backfired on you once.
I don't know what you're referring to regarding the backfire, but I am pretty confident of where I stand on the tangible status of height vs speed. The thing I can't figure out is why you guys continue to come here voluntarily to be kicked around like an old soccer ball. Sadist? Boiler up!

• Haha
Reactions: BoilerN
Back to Catchings….you damn ADD/ADHD patients! Anyone hearing he’s leaving Brownsburg?
My son might play against him on Friday at a tournament at Purdue. I'll have him ask him...ha ha.

Seriously though, this month could be telling if he is, or isn't, playing with Brownsburg at their various team events.

My son might play against him on Friday at a tournament at Purdue. I'll have him ask him...ha ha.

Seriously though, this month could be telling if he is, or isn't, playing with Brownsburg at their various team events.
Heard he didn't play last night in the Junior KY/IN all-star game? Wonder if his eligibility is in question if he's jumping schools? Would guess he's going to a prep school if he transfers no?

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Heard he didn't play last night in the Junior KY/IN all-star game? Wonder if his eligibility is in question if he's jumping schools? Would guess he's going to a prep school if he transfers no?
I would assume. Maybe trying to get him away. Might need it.

Now seeing both Catchings and Bidunga are at some All-American camp out in California this week which would explain their absences yesterday.
Was gonna say, some of the high level kids miss school ball stuff this month for the higher level camps. So might not mean anything if they're not there.

Bidunga, I would think, should go to LaLu/Montverde type environment. He's basically "wasting" 6 months of development if he doesn't. And before anyone jumps down my throat with "they didn't even win state"...I'm talking about all his practices and 90+ percent of his games being against normal HS type kids.

Catchings is a little different. He isn't a big like Bidunga, and there's more than enough competition in the Indy area for a wing like him.

I don't think there's much of an argument against going to a Montverde type school though, for guys that are obviously high major D1 level kids. The practices alone would make it worth while. The obvious flip side is it takes the normal Indiana HS basketball experience away. Which is valuable in different ways.

I’ve gone to see Bidunga play quite a few times in the past couple years and I would say that head coach at Kokomo is his biggest liability.

Prep School would make the most sense. I'd like to see him in Kokomo his Senior yr but they did lose a lot of key players to graduation. Since Flory doesn't have family in Kokomo then going to a prep school where room and board are taken care of would be the way to go.

Catchings and Bidunga are both at the Pangos camp in Vegas. That's why neither played.

Edit-should have read the whole thing before replying.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Catchings headed to OTE. Over/Under he ends up at Purdue? My take is he may not play in college at all. Let the PUkies troll.
Does going to OTE now, start his NBA draft eligibility clock? Or would he have to play there for 2 years before being draft eligible.

If eligible for next years draft, I'd say the odds he steps foot in West Laughy at 10%. If 2 years, I'd actually say the percentage goes lower.

Best chance Purdue gets him is he plays for OTE, has a mediocre year that damages his draft stock...at which point college becomes the better path to the NBA...and he remains loyal to PU at that point.

Basically hes not going to Purdue now.

Does going to OTE now, start his NBA draft eligibility clock? Or would he have to play there for 2 years before being draft eligible.

If eligible for next years draft, I'd say the odds he steps foot in West Laughy at 10%. If 2 years, I'd actually say the percentage goes lower.

Best chance Purdue gets him is he plays for OTE, has a mediocre year that damages his draft stock...at which point college becomes the better path to the NBA...and he remains loyal to PU at that point.

Basically hes not going to Purdue now.
Yes it does I believe. I’d say he’s probably not going to end up in college. This will also start the re-recruiting of him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT