ADVERTISEMENT

Kanon Catchings

Rumors flying. Supposedly decommited from PUke. Wants IU.
Flip to IU may be premature, but his recruitment will be opening in the next 48 hours.

Word I’ve gotten is that Catchings wasn’t at all thrilled with Purdue but his parents were less than enthralled with the whole recruiting hoopla and pushed for an early commitment just to get it out of the way.

IU will be a major player in his recruitment going forward but they won’t be the only suitors. Don’t expect a flip overnight but I would love to be wrong.

Flip to IU may be premature, but his recruitment will be opening in the next 48 hours.

Word I’ve gotten is that Catchings wasn’t at all thrilled with Purdue but his parents were less than enthralled with the whole recruiting hoopla and pushed for an early commitment just to get it out of the way.

IU will be a major player in his recruitment going forward but they won’t be the only suitors. Don’t expect a flip overnight but I would love to be wrong.
Will be interesting. Programs worst nightmare too.

Reactions: 2 old 2 play

Would be a huge pickup. Kid has big time upside

This and pinning his IU visit on his social media.

Also, according to TOS, he removed Purdue commit from his IG bio, removed Purdue commitment post, and began following Adam Howard and other IU guys. Shortly after following Adam Howard (IU Grad Assistant who helps with recruiting), Howard posted this:

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1 and kkott
Not saying this is or isn't happening, but will it be awkward for the person who said cannon didn't have an iu offer (because the inaccurate internet said so) and said cannon was overrated. With that being said, hope he sticks to the bright side.

• Haha
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Hearing he might want to reclassify. (Purdue has no 2023 spots)That’s crazy if any or all of this is true.

Whats the story on catching . Size , position , and where is he from . I had heard he had committed to PU , but that was all I knew about him .

Whats the story on catching . Size , position , and where is he from . I had heard he had committed to PU , but that was all I knew about him .
6"8" 185 pound small forward from Brownsburg IN. 11.6 ppg 3.0 rpg 42% from 3 point range. According to The Daily Hoosier, attended an IU team camp, and briefly met CMW. Apparently had an unofficial visit to IU. Grandfather is NBA player Harvey Catchings, Aunt is WNBA star Tamika Catchings. Mother played for Illanoy. Got some bloodlines.

Initial interest from IU, PU, Illanoy, Xavier, Cincy, UM, ND and OSU.

Seems a little thin, but he can bulk up and hit the weights.

6"8" 185 pound small forward from Brownsburg IN. 11.6 ppg 3.0 rpg 42% from 3 point range. According to The Daily Hoosier, attended an IU team camp, and briefly met CMW. Apparently had an unofficial visit to IU. Grandfather is NBA player Harvey Catchings, Aunt is WNBA star Tamika Catchings. Mother played for Illanoy. Got some bloodlines.

Initial interest from IU, PU, Illanoy, Xavier, Cincy, UM, ND and OSU.

Seems a little thin, but he can bulk up and hit the weights.
Last years stats. He’s 17.5 and 7 a game. Point forward type. He blew up. He also lit up Kokomo. 39 points I think. Really quick athletic. Smooth. Shoots free throws well. He’s got everything the NBA wants.

Is there anything actually to this? Would be pretty funny if true but these things are usually just false rumors.

I don't remember a PU commit rescending and choosing IU. Someone else may think of one? Certainly rare if it happens. Seems like he would have more than just regional suitors if he reopens.

I don't remember a PU commit rescending and choosing IU. Someone else may think of one? Certainly rare if it happens. Seems like he would have more than just regional suitors if he reopens.
Robert Vaden. And I wish he had stayed his final two seasons in Bloomington. Him and EJ on the wings would have been potent.

Reactions: 76-1 and Crayfish57
If he doesn't deny these rumors soon on social media, there must be some truth to them. There's no way he doesn't know that these rumors exist with social media being what it is now.

Robert Vaden. And I wish he had stayed his final two seasons in Bloomington. Him and EJ on the wings would have been potent.
Vaden verbally committed to Purdue as a high school freshman before he ever played a varsity game. Last May he changed his mind and picked Indiana.Feb 26, 2004

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
Ok. Can someone tell me who this clown is? (Meaning Lucy01). All I have seen on all accounts is that he/she is wrong and needing attention. Unless I hear differently, he/she is blocked. I don’t have time for nonsense.
My my my aren’t we testy.

Reactions: Crayfish57
Ok. Can someone tell me who this clown is? (Meaning Lucy01). All I have seen on all accounts is that he/she is wrong and needing attention. Unless I hear differently, he/she is blocked. I don’t have time for nonsense.
I’ve only been here about a year and even I know Lucy is a legend.. unfortunately the Lucy-Kurt battles have dried up for the moment. Get the popcorn when the drunk returns

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT