ADVERTISEMENT

In a Worse Place Now than After Sampson

PanDatrick

Benchwarmer
Jan 2, 2015
Zero committed recruits next season.

All rumors point to a mass exodus from an already bad basketball team.

None of it the result of sanctions or cheating.

A head coach who thinks none of it is his fault.

This is worse. Way worse. With Crean’s beginning you had obvious excuses.

Next season will be the most embarassing season in my 40 years as an IU fan.

**** this program.

This max exodus is pure conjecture. Let’s wait to see if that actually happens. I’m guessing that it won’t be nearly as dramatic as you all are suggesting.

He just tweeted last night he was in the mood for a leal deal from mother bears.

You know what the crazy thing is about Liam. The kid just walked away from a million bucks next year because he thought it would be a bad decision to play in this offense for his pro career. That’s pretty wild.

Did he though? I'm assuming Kansas can deliver comparable $

For sure. But damn I think he would have made the most here. I think Hunter is coming back next year and he got a 2 year deal. We have comparable money to give out.

Just a complete dumpster fire unless they somehow pull a rabbit out of the hat.

I don't think that goes far enough Cav.

It is like pulling a rabbit out of a hat without the hat!
In other words, pulling it out of thin air!
I have a better chance of going to moon.

He just tweeted last night he was in the mood for a leal deal from mother bears.

You know what the crazy thing is about Liam. The kid just walked away from a million bucks next year because he thought it would be a bad decision to play in this offense for his pro career. That’s pretty wild.
Good reason why college kids shouldn't be making a million bucks.

**** this program.
IU should have kept Sampson 🤷‍♀️

are you privy to what these guys are getting? are Ware Reneau MM getting over a million? everyone says we can NIL with anyone but how can anyone know that.

Yeah sure. The ncaa(not toothless yet) gave a 5 year show cause. IU couldn’t keep him. Not back then.

think back to how we self reported, thinking it would save us. lol

now those phone calls aren't even illegal.

at the time, sampson was a repeat offender and flagrantly broke the same rule he was on probation for. IU was super conscientious of its image and cut bait, and nobody disagreed at the time.

Dude can coach. And he can attract talent. Doesn't care if they study, though.

think back to how we self reported, thinking it would save us. lol

now those phone calls aren't even illegal.

at the time, sampson was a repeat offender and flagrantly broke the same rule he was on probation for. IU was super conscientious of its image and cut bait, and nobody disagreed at the time.

Dude can coach. And he can attract talent. Doesn't care if they study, though.
We self reported after getting caught by an independent watchdog. We were getting it no matter what. Sampson was getting that show cause regardless. Do we really need to revisit this?

**** this program.
We won't be near that bad. Were you around for that team? It was basically an intramural squad. Leal and Sparks are far better than anyone that was on creans first team.

We won't be near that bad. Were you around for that team? It was basically an intramural squad. Leal and Sparks are far better than anyone that was on creans first team.
Not really, Malik Story ended up averaging about 17 a game at Nevada his senior year, Nick Williams started over 80 games in the SEC at Ole Miss, Verdell was a freshman on that team and better than those 2, and while Devin Dumas had a lot of character issues, he did average close to 13 a game that year after a really good career at Vincennes.

Yes, but if you recall. Sampson #1

1. Didn’t support the troops
2. Didn’t stand for christian values
3. Didn’t support the flag

He deserved to get fired. CMDW, is the man for the job. Not only on the basketball floor. But as a pillar of american values.

Yes, but if you recall. Sampson #1

1. Didn’t support the troops
2. Didn’t stand for christian values
3. Didn’t support the flag

He deserved to get fired. CMDW, is the man for the job. Not only on the basketball floor. But as a pillar of american values.

I reckon the line at the only working internet connection in Kentucky is getting busy...
th_coffee.gif

Screen-Shot-2017-09-26-at-10.13.49-PM.png

Not really, Malik Story ended up averaging about 17 a game at Nevada his senior year, Nick Williams started over 80 games in the SEC at Ole Miss, Verdell was a freshman on that team and better than those 2, and while Devin Dumas had a lot of character issues, he did average close to 13 a game that year after a really good career at Vincennes
And none of those guys were worth a damn that first season at IU. We got absolutely steamrolled that season.

And none of those guys were worth a damn that first season at IU. We got absolutely steamrolled that season.
That we did, but to say Sparks and Leal would be better may or may not be entirely true. Mainly because it was those 4 and Pritchard and then walk ons, baseball kids, and kids who could not have played on a really good intramural team at the HYPER!!

Reactions: Seyton
For sure. But damn I think he would have made the most here. I think Hunter is coming back next year and he got a 2 year deal. We have comparable money to give out.

Just a complete dumpster fire unless they somehow pull a rabbit out of the hat.
Problem is....they are looking for a rabbit in a hat shoppe.

• Haha
Reactions: CriticArisen
We self reported after getting caught by an independent watchdog. We were getting it no matter what. Sampson was getting that show cause regardless. Do we really need to revisit this?

yes, apparently, since half the people here were kids then.

**** this program.
As far as optimism yes we are certainly in a worse spot. Crean had recruits lined up and was starting to build a foundation. Woodson has zero recruits and no culture.

Reactions: PanDatrick
You are completely missing the point. I am not talking about one season. We knew we were going to be bad because of sanctions.

What the hell do we blame this on? How is next year or the year after that looking any better than what we had to look forward to under Crean? Its not.

There was a reason then. There is no reason now. Look at the big picture. We have imploded for absolutely no reason other than ineptitude.

You are completely missing the point. I am not talking about one season. We knew we were going to be bad because of sanctions.

What the hell do we blame this on? How is next year or the year after that looking any better than what we had to look forward to under Crean? Its not.

There was a reason then. There is no reason now. Look at the big picture. We have imploded for absolutely no reason other than ineptitude.
There was hope with crean he had other recruits like watford lined up. There is no hope with woodson

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT