ADVERTISEMENT

Kanon Catchings

Yes, Purdue’s style of play works well in a conference of only 14 teams. But to win the NCAA tournament you have to play teams outside of the Big Ten.
Up to the tournament, Purdue was undefeated vs non conference teams. Purdues style of play just wom the NCAA tourney. Purdue just doesn't have the athletes to do what UCONN (whose coach studied Painter and his offense while developing his style) did. Style is fine, athleticism is not.

Purdue lost to the worst team in NCAA tournament history.

Still laughing.
You may be laughing but you are incorrect. The loss to FDU was very disappointing, no doubt about that. FDU was 21-16 this past season. However if you look it up, you will find that there have been 19 teams with losing records that made the tournament. So how a team that was +5 is worse than 19 teams with losing records is a bit beyond me. But hey, don't let math get in the way of your feelings.

You may be laughing but you are incorrect. The loss to FDU was very disappointing, no doubt about that. FDU was 21-16 this past season. However if you look it up, you will find that there have been 19 teams with losing records that made the tournament. So how a team that was +5 is worse than 19 teams with losing records is a bit beyond me. But hey, don't let math get in the way of your feelings.
Those other teams were rated higher by Helm's and actually earned their spot in the tourney while FDU was a replacement team. Also, there's this thing called SOS to consider ... which you've completely ignored. You're a math liar .. how typical.

Still laughing ....

Every time you type all I see .. is (16) 63 (1) 58 . < how's that for math, b*tch?

Last edited:

And don't let facts get in your way.

FDU should not have even been in, so PU lost to a non-tournament worthy team. As far as I know, that is the FIRST time that has happened.

Yeah lots of skill to plaster your 300lb body under the hoop and then hook the defender (that is a half a foot shorter or more) with your elbow for the almost guaranteed layup.
Painter smart enough to recruit him, ranked 400 some in his classs, so anyone else could have recruited him also.

Your coach can't beat mid-majors. FDU is the worst loss in NCAAT history and probably sports. The funny thing is PU won't change a thing! PU is a national joke.
but 10 of 13 against you with a couple of Big 10 championships. TJD won 1 NCAA game and no titles in his career.

Purdue focuses on the regular season because that is all they have ever had.
Purdue has never won a NCAA Tournament so they are completely irrelevant at the national level. And always will be. It must be depressing to be a Purdue fan knowing they will never win. Hate and jealousy drive Purdue fans or why else would they chant anti-IU chants while playing against other universities. That looks so pathetic and desperate.
Relevant enough to have the NPOY aND #1 RANKING for several weeks.

Uh you don’t understand that the rankings of teams is more than won loss records? Are you new to this?

• Love
Reactions: mike41703
We did hang 2 this year, IU how many?
I don't think these types of banners count
Q2PeoU4.jpg

Uh you don’t understand that the rankings of teams is more than won loss records? Are you new to this?
No, he's misrepresenting it to push his narrative.. which is why I called him a liar. He knows damn well that a majority of the teams with worse win loss records were better than FDU and from better conferences.

This is what Purdue fans do. It's called Helm's Logic.

Last edited:
Not saying this is or isn't happening, but will it be awkward for the person who said cannon didn't have an iu offer (because the inaccurate internet said so) and said cannon was overrated. With that being said, hope he sticks to the bright side.
Gibberish, with a capital G.

Reactions: BoilerN
Up to the tournament, Purdue was undefeated vs non conference teams. Purdues style of play just wom the NCAA tourney. Purdue just doesn't have the athletes to do what UCONN (whose coach studied Painter and his offense while developing his style) did. Style is fine, athleticism is not.
Congrats on beating non-conference teams back in November lol. Too bad for you the NCAA tournament is played in March. Purdue’s style of play was dumping the ball into lurch on every possession.

Those other teams were rated higher by Helm's and actually earned their spot in the tourney while FDU was a replacement team. Also, there's this thing called SOS to consider ... which you've completely ignored. You're a math liar .. how typical.

Still laughing ....

Every time you type all I see .. is (16) 63 (1) 58 . < how's that for math, b*tch?
Again, you are making things up. FDU earned their way into the tournament according to the rules established at the beginning of the season. Merrimack was always ineligible according to their conference rules. Once it was established what the Northeast Conference Finals were, FDU was in. Why would you not think at that point that FDU's play in the Final was affected by that knowledge? If you are already in, I would seek to minimize chance of injury, etc.

As for those 19 teams, how do you know what they were rated and what their SOS was? You are just throwing out a comment with no backup.

While Purdue lost by 5, VA lost by 20. Again, math to me suggests 20 is worse than 5. But don't let facts get in the way of a nonsensical opinion.

Again, you are making things up. FDU earned their way into the tournament according to the rules established at the beginning of the season. Merrimack was always ineligible according to their conference rules. Once it was established what the Northeast Conference Finals were, FDU was in. Why would you not think at that point that FDU's play in the Final was affected by that knowledge? If you are already in, I would seek to minimize chance of injury, etc.

As for those 19 teams, how do you know what they were rated and what their SOS was? You are just throwing out a comment with no backup.

While Purdue lost by 5, VA lost by 20. Again, math to me suggests 20 is worse than 5. But don't let facts get in the way of a nonsensical opinion.
You're right. FDU was really good, by Purdue standards. LOL!

You're right. FDU was really good, by Purdue standards. LOL!
That is a fabrication of the point of my post. If you care to look, you will see earlier that I referred to Purdue's loss as very disappointing. I never said that FDU was a good team. I did post that they earned their way into the tournament based on the rules established by their conference.

I also noted that 19 teams with losing records have made the tournament. 2023 FDU was not one of them. Three teams at 11-18 have gotten in; I suggest FDU was better than them. So FDU was likely not the "worst team ever to get into the tournament."

• Haha
That is a fabrication of the point of my post. If you care to look, you will see earlier that I referred to Purdue's loss as very disappointing. I never said that FDU was a good team. I did post that they earned their way into the tournament based on the rules established by their conference.

I also noted that 19 teams with losing records have made the tournament. 2023 FDU was not one of them. Three teams at 11-18 have gotten in; I suggest FDU was better than them. So FDU was likely not the "worst team ever to get into the tournament."
Perhaps not the absolute worst, but they were the lowest ranked team to ever beat a #1 seed.

They were the worst by every metric. The others he’s spouting about won their confidences. FDU was 2/3 in their conference.
Again, not true. I am not sure about their confidences but I do know that the teams mentioned only got in by winning their conference tournaments.

FDU was 2nd in their conference to ineligible Merrimack. That made them the highest-rated eligible team in their conference prior to the conference tournament. Again, far from good but far from the worst, which was the claim.

I don't really care that much. You lost as a 1 seed to a 16 seed.. Why are you even here trying to make it not seem so bad?

Again, not true. I am not sure about their confidences but I do know that the teams mentioned only got in by winning their conference tournaments.

FDU was 2nd in their conference to ineligible Merrimack. That made them the highest-rated eligible team in their conference prior to the conference tournament. Again, far from good but far from the worst, which was the claim.
You are so dumb. 2 won their conferences. The other did win the conference tournament. You troll. FDU was tied for second and didn’t win the conference tournament. So literally no other team has done that. Those other three won fair and square. FDU was a default team. 301st in net.

Painter smart enough to recruit him, ranked 400 some in his classs, so anyone else could have recruited him also.
Painter was smart to take advantage of a player of his size. He didn't take him due to his mad skills.

Relevant enough to have the NPOY aND #1 RANKING for several weeks.
Your coach constantly loses to mid-majors at a historic rate and experienced the worst loss in sports history. This is what your coach is doing in year 18. Painter literally should not have a job.

Only 2 #16 seeds have ever won in NCAAT history, and the only reason FDU made the NCAAT was Merrimack was recently a D-2 program! The team that beat Virginia was way better, and Virginia was missing their best player. PU's loss to FDU is the worst loss in sports history.

• Love
Congrats on beating non-conference teams back in November lol. Too bad for you the NCAA tournament is played in March. Purdue’s style of play was dumping the ball into lurch on every possession.
This year, yes. Didn't have the guards to do a ton else. Was a weakness. Was a weakness coming into the season. Freshman played well until late. Hit the wall

So basically he is arguing that FDU isnt better then the team who has only been a D1 team for 3 years (Merrimack). Got it

Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT