ADVERTISEMENT

Kamala Marx

Looks beautiful.

The golf course you see in the top photo is called Top of the Rock. It's a Par-3 course -- but if there's a more stunning Par-3 course anywhere in the world (maybe even including Augusta's) I'd like to see it. It was designed by Jack Nicklaus. Some years ago, a huge sinkhole gave way on the course. In true Johnny Morris fashion, rather than having it filled in and restored to its previous condition, he had the thing fully excavated and had the course altered to weave in and around it.

They have 5 courses there -- including the only publicly playable Tiger Woods design in the country, Payne's Valley (named after Payne Stewart, who was from around there). My favorite course there is a Tom Fazio design. But they're all very nice.

And Table Rock Lake (on which the resort is situated) has some of the best bass fishing anywhere in the country.

The entire resort is something like 44,000 acres. It's massive - and the attention to detail is almost hard to describe.

The golf course you see in the top photo is called Top of the Rock. It's a Par-3 course -- but if there's a more stunning Par-3 course anywhere in the world (maybe even including Augusta's) I'd like to see it. It was designed by Jack Nicklaus. Some years ago, a huge sinkhole gave way on the course. In true Johnny Morris fashion, rather than having it filled in and restored to its previous condition, he had the thing fully excavated and had the course altered to weave in and around it.

They have 5 courses there -- including the only publicly playable Tiger Woods design in the country, Payne's Valley (named after Payne Stewart, who was from around there). My favorite course there is a Tom Fazio design. But they're all very nice.

And Table Rock Lake (on which the resort is situated) has some of the best bass fishing anywhere in the country.

The entire resort is something like 44,000 acres. It's massive - and the attention to detail is almost hard to describe.
It has to be that great bc there are no words for the misery of driving down on a Fri during the summer months

Because semi-auto weapons with highly destructive anmmo are too dangerous to be in the consumer steam of commerce. Kinda like dynamite.
That's every modern firearm, then. The AR platform is the best selling rifle platform in the US. All ammo is highly destructive. It's the nature of ammunition and it's purpose.

How do you define it so that it doesn't limit all ammo sales?

It’s all about the hazards and danger of the product compared with its social utility. Three wheeled ATV’s bit the dust because they were dangerous and they had nearly 0 social utility.

I’m all for repealing the federal immunity law because I think that would be the end of semi-auto long guns shooting high- velocity and highly destructive ammo. How would you like to be a manufacturer defending the utility of such a weapon in the hands of the general public? Wanna have fun murdering a metal target? Shoot a semi auto .22. Otherwise use a lever or bolt action weapon.

Another benefit of repealing immunity is the pressure put on the retail seller to know your customer. A punk kid with jumpy demeanor will have a harder time buying a gun or ammo.

Finally, for all the constitutional fundamentalists, I think most immunity laws violate the 7th Amendment, but I know the courts have ruled otherwise.
Correction, I was using my 3 wheeler to meet my annual insurance deductible faster than usual, and it was working perfectly!

Speaking of Bass Pro Shops and Johnny Morris, if anybody is ever looking for a great outdoorsy vacation spot, I can’t recommend Big Cedar Lodge enough. It’s outside Springfield, MO and it is easily one of the best resorts I’ve ever been to.

It’s great for fishing, hiking, golfing, boating…they have a shooting range, the accommodations are rustic luxury, the food options are terrific, the views from Top of the Rock are breathtaking.

It’s perfect for like a 4 day weekend or a guys trip (golf and/or fishing). I recommend the cabins - but the lodge accommodations are nice too.

But plan to book well in advance. It’s not cheap, but it’s also not second-mortgage expensive.

It's been on the list, but the summer weather there is quite unattractive compared with N Michigan or Wisconsin.

Yeah, I get it. Last time I was there….whew. The heat was oppressive. That was in August.

But it’s reallly nice in the fall months.

Usually have my golf trips during summer. Northern Michigan is maybe the best weather in the country that time of the year.

Fall is bad time for me to travel, typically. I think that would definitely be the time to go there.

If the customer passes a background check, the seller is home free regardless of other indications of problems.
The background check is the best tool available, but not perfect. What other indications are you concerned about? I've seen people get turned away when it was obvious that the person buying the gun wasn't the person picking it out. Reputable dealers don't want to lose their livelihood or go to jail.

Probably some combination of muzzle velocity and size of round.
That idea doesn't work at all. I just grabbed some ammo our of my stash. Tell me which ones are for a pistol, an AR, a bolt action or lever action?

image.png

L to R and what I shoot them from
30-06 - Bolt gun, Semi Auto rifle
.35 Rem - Lever action, pistol
.300 Blackout - Semi Auto/AR, bolt gun, pistol
.223 Remington - Semi Auto/AR, bolt gun, Pistol

All have similar velocities depending on the load
30-06 2700 fps
.35 Rem 2250 fps
.300 Blackout 2375 fps
.223 2775 fps

I should have thrown in a 12 gauge slug that can be shot out of a bolt gun or semi auto at over 2000 fps and more destructive than anything in that picture.

The background check is the best tool available, but not perfect. What other indications are you concerned about? I've seen people get turned away when it was obvious that the person buying the gun wasn't the person picking it out. Reputable dealers don't want to lose their livelihood or go to jail.

That idea doesn't work at all. I just grabbed some ammo our of my stash. Tell me which ones are for a pistol, an AR, a bolt action or lever action?

image.png

L to R and what I shoot them from
30-06 - Bolt gun, Semi Auto rifle
.35 Rem - Lever action, pistol
.300 Blackout - Semi Auto/AR, bolt gun, pistol
.223 Remington - Semi Auto/AR, bolt gun, Pistol

All have similar velocities depending on the load
30-06 2700 fps
.35 Rem 2250 fps
.300 Blackout 2375 fps
.223 2775 fps

I should have thrown in a 12 gauge slug that can be shot out of a bolt gun or semi auto at over 2000 fps and more destructive than anything in that picture.
🔥🔥🔥. @snarlcakes Dream Team flex

Hooky how much cash is in that stash

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT