ADVERTISEMENT

Kamala Marx

No that shit is too awful. My partners and I started and invest in businesses. We have six right now all enjoying varying degrees of failure. With law comes an arrogance that you can do anything. We’ve been humbled
So my OnlyFans empire of foot fetish and dad-bods-in-flatbills-and-nothing-else vids might fail?

Damn it, back to the drawing board.

So my OnlyFans empire of foot fetish and dad-bods-in-flatbills-and-nothing-else vids might fail?

Damn it, back to the drawing board.
Plug the name you want for your business into godaddy and you’ll quickly learn everyone is already doing everything!! There’s a business whose business is owning the name of the business you want to use

Plug the name you want for your business into godaddy and you’ll quickly learn everyone is already doing everything!! There’s a business whose business is owning the name of the business you want to use
I own a few fire<name goes here>.com domains. All the good <business name>sucks.com domains were already gone.

*sigh*

A law firm is an “actual business.” And it is a business without the need for scare quotes.

Not to me it isn't. I could get into why, but it's not terribly important.

Are you able to discuss lawyers without letting your obvious disdain peek through?

Not these kinds of lawyers, no. I do have disdain for them (or, more accurately, what they do), and proudly so. And I don't see any reason to suppress that. I mean...this board is full of people expressing disdain. Why must this be the one that has to be softened? You wouldn't say that to people expressing their disdain for this or that politician, would you?

As I've told you before, I have no problem all with other kinds of lawyers. But, in my book, so much of what these kinds of lawyers do is detrimental to society, has nothing to do with meting out justice, and is just a racket....and I don't know why my language shouldn't reflect that belief.

Loser pay laws certainly would fix the problem you are concerned with. And as a result, a lot of poor and middle class people would never have access to justice.

Not if they're bringing meritorious actions. I would say that it would be preferable to me to accomplish this some other way. But I just generally believe that the cost to inject garbage claims into the system is too low.

Yes, plaintiffs firms go under. Yes lawyers declare bankruptcy.

I've been living in my community all of my life. And I can honestly say that I'm not familiar with a single one of these grifters who have gone bankrupt. But maybe it happens elsewhere.

But I can easily, off the top of my head, name dozens of actual businesses that have failed.

I used every last dime I had to go into being a partner/owner of my law firm. Delayed buying a house. For the first couple of years, racked up a ton of debt. And I didn’t get a dime from family. I’ve taken just as much risk as any normal “business.” Once again, you’re showing your ignorance of things related to the field of law.

Oh, I'm sure I'm plenty ignorant about it. I won't deny that.

But most of what you're hearing is just contempt, richly deserved.

Not these kinds of lawyers, no. I do have disdain for them (or, more accurately, what they do), and proudly so. And I don't see any reason to suppress that. I mean...this board is full of people expressing disdain. Why must this be the one that has to be softened? You wouldn't say that to people expressing their disdain for this or that politician, would you?

As I've told you before, I have no problem all with other kinds of lawyers. But, in my book, so much of what these kinds of lawyers do is detrimental to society, has nothing to do with meting out justice, and is just a racket....and I don't know why my language shouldn't reflect that belief.

Not if they're bringing meritorious actions. I would say that it would be preferable to me to accomplish this some other way. But I just generally believe that the cost to inject garbage claims into the system is too low.

I've been living in my community all of my life. And I can honestly say that I'm not familiar with a single one of these grifters who have gone bankrupt. But maybe it happens elsewhere.

But I can easily, off the top of my head, name dozens of actual businesses that have failed.

I didn't figure you for someone who would be proud of their own ignorance and experience-driven bias.

That's too bad. But at least you're honest. I'll try to stay away from these topics with you.

Future investments: buy up all the fire<current back-up PG on every D1 college team>.com and wait 10-15 years?
Too much overhead to do the research and admin work for the payoff, IMO.

I do think you're onto something though. What if it was every OC and DC that's getting buzz about NFL HC jobs?

FireJimBobCooter.com

Reactions: BradStevens
Loser pay laws are a terrible idea. Let’s say you are 50% disabled, and can’t do your normal job, because of a medical mistake. You go to your lawyer and he says the case is 50/50, depending on which expert the jury likes. If you lose, your retirement savings, your college fund, and your home equity will be wiped out. What do you do? The very wealthy, and the very poor will say sue. The middle class is screwed.

We already have loser pay rules for frivolous litigation.

I think any such law should be designed to prevent a deep-pocketed defendant, or potential defendant, from just running up the bill in order to rig the game. If it wasn't designed that way, that certainly would be a terrible idea.

I'm just saying that it seems to me that the risk of filing a BS lawsuit right now is too low. I'm certainly open to hearing better ideas on how to bring about the desired result -- which is NOT to prevent people with meritorious claims from having access to justice and reasonable compensation, etc....but is, instead, to prevent the kind of thing I went through recently (and which is, according to our attorney, ridiculously common in their world....I should say that our attorney shares my sentiments about the tort grifters as she has to deal with on a regular basis).

I didn't figure you for someone who would be proud of their own ignorance and experience-driven bias.

That's too bad. But at least you're honest. I'll try to stay away from these topics with you.

Fair enough.

And, yes, I am proud of the disdain I have for these people. Any sensible person would be. They're cancers on society.

I commend you for your disgust of lawyers crazed. @BradStevens I understand the passion. I feel the same way with Keynesians, FED, and fiat system.

Every time I see that little Paul Krugman I want to punt his ass off a tiny bridge. I know it’s not right, Brad, but I can’t help myself 🤷🏻‍♂️

Fair enough.

And, yes, I am proud of the disdain I have for these people. Any sensible person would be. They're cancers on society.
Most of the things that make your world safer, safer for you and your family, are a product of the efforts of trial lawyers. From aspirin to car seats to the water you drink.

And of course there are rackets strewn throughout. Most of the car crash empire from Ken nunn to Morgan and Morgan.

I understand you and Brad

Too much overhead to do the research and admin work for the payoff, IMO.

I do think you're onto something though. What if it was every OC and DC that's getting buzz about NFL HC jobs?

FireJimBobCooter.com
Yep too time consuming. You can buy a lot at $1.99. Years ago I thought of buying every young prospect I’d hear about coming up at Benfica and sporting all the rest. Hit on a Ronaldo. But it was too much effort

I commend you for your disgust of lawyers crazed.

It's certainly not all lawyers...just the ones whose faces we see festooned all over our nation's highways on billboards.

Hell, one of my best friends is a criminal defense attorney. And while I've told him that it would be hard for me to do what he does in some instances, I have nothing but respect for him and what he does....because even people who have actually committed crimes should be afforded a competent defense in a court of law. As such, I truly do see defending people charged with crimes to be a noble pursuit in a civilized society.

And I'd say the same thing about pretty much any other kind of legal occupation.

But too much of what the tort guys do is simply harmful to society. And it offends me when they try to defend it by saying that it's all about justice for the average guy. Too often, IMO, it's not that....it's just a shakedown racket wearing the cloak of justice.

Yep too time consuming. You can buy a lot at $1.99. Years ago I thought of buying every young prospect I’d hear about coming up at Benfica and sporting all the rest. Hit on a Ronaldo. But it was too much effort
Coaches come and go. Way more utility from a fire<coach>.com than a player. You can put up a crappy website and post fan rants for the advertising clicks with one of those over and over or just sell it outright one time.

I commend you for your disgust of lawyers crazed. @BradStevens I understand the passion. I feel the same way with Keynesians, FED, and fiat system.

Every time I see that little Paul Krugman I want to punt his ass off a tiny bridge. I know it’s not right, Brad, but I can’t help myself 🤷🏻‍♂️

Since you bring up Paul Krugman, I have to link my favorite Krugman video. It's short, but sweet. And, given that we're discussing lawyers again here, it's clear that PK never heard the old saw that a lawyer should never ask a question he doesn't already know the answer to:

Most of the things that make your world safer, safer for you and your family, are a product of the efforts of trial lawyers. From aspirin to car seats to the water you drink.

And of course there are rackets strewn throughout. Most of the car crash empire from Ken nunn to Morgan and Morgan.

I understand you and Brad
I guess, at the end of the day, I wish that the good ones would do more to flush out the system of the bad ones. And, yes, I do think there are a lot of bad ones...and they aren't all hugely prominent or famous, either. I'd never before heard of the lawyer who filed the absurd arm cutting off lawsuit.

But, in my experience, the good ones can't even see fit to be critical of the bad ones...let alone to work within the system to keep it clean and healthy.

I guess, at the end of the day, I wish that the good ones would do more to flush out the system of the bad ones. And, yes, I do think there are a lot of bad ones...and they aren't all hugely prominent or famous, either. I'd never before heard of the lawyer who filed the absurd arm cutting off lawsuit.

But, in my experience, the good ones can't even see fit to be critical of the bad ones...let alone to work within the system to keep it clean and healthy.
Advertising changed everything in the tort arena

I’ve always thought it was hard to imagine a scenario where the manufacturer of a gun would genuinely have any liability when one of their products is used in the commission of a crime….unless it involves some kind of malfunction, unlawful function, etc.

If some lunatic drives his Chevy into a crowd of people, who in their right mind would think GM liable for it?
Selling to a gun store with a history of ignoring background checks?

And people know. When you’re 28 and you swing by Kilroys and fire on the hot chick sitting with the car rental guys and answer lawyer you can see the guys slump into their chairs

Fast forward 20 years at 3 UP and that old coug growls: so what do you do grrrrrrrrr. Lawyer. They follow up with what kind? Personal injury. Ewwwwww

• Love
And people know. When you’re 28 and you swing by Kilroys and fire on the hot chick sitting with the car rental guys and answer lawyer you can see the guys slump into their chairs

Fast forward 20 years at 3 UP and that old coug growls: so what do you do grrrrrrrrr. Lawyer. They follow up with what kind? Personal injury. Ewwwwww
If you're driving a Porsche and wearing a bespoke suit and a flashy, new flatbill, they could not care less about that.

If you're driving a Porsche and wearing a bespoke suit and a flashy, new flatbill, they could not care less about that.
dating now is almost too absurd. No I’m looking forward to checking out this New Mexican joint too. I’ve heard great stuff. Hey can you do me a favor before you get in can you grab my Prilosec? No it’s on my minion’s car seat.

• Haha
That gun store should be out of business if they're not doing background checks. The ATF's responsible for enforcing that law, not the manufacturer.
Background checks are a get out of jail free card. They are unsatisfactory for many transactions.

Definitely sounds like a place with multiple opportunities. What the hell are you doing wasting your time, energy and talents on medical malpractice? Johnny Morris is loaded...and, from what I can tell, basically asking for somebody to take his dough.
Speaking of Bass Pro Shops and Johnny Morris, if anybody is ever looking for a great outdoorsy vacation spot, I can’t recommend Big Cedar Lodge enough. It’s outside Springfield, MO and it is easily one of the best resorts I’ve ever been to.

It’s great for fishing, hiking, golfing, boating…they have a shooting range, the accommodations are rustic luxury, the food options are terrific, the views from Top of the Rock are breathtaking.

It’s perfect for like a 4 day weekend or a guys trip (golf and/or fishing). I recommend the cabins - but the lodge accommodations are nice too.

But plan to book well in advance. It’s not cheap, but it’s also not second-mortgage expensive.

Big Cedar Lodge - Ridgedale, MO

iu

original.jpg

Last edited:
Speaking of Bass Pro Shops and Johnny Morris, if anybody is ever looking for a great outdoorsy vacation spot, I can’t recommend Big Cedar Lodge enough. It’s outside Springfield, MO and it is easily one of the best resorts I’ve ever been to.

It’s great for fishing, hiking, golfing, boating…they have a shooting range, the accommodations are rustic luxury, the food options are terrific, the views from Top of the Rock are breathtaking.

It’s perfect for like a 4 day weekend or a guys trip (golf and/or fishing). I recommend the cabins - but the lodge accommodations are nice too.

But plan to book well in advance. It’s not cheap, but it’s also not second-mortgage expensive.
Ha I go there a handful of times a year. Always over Xmas break too. My outlaws retired there

I view access to courts kinda like free expression. In both cases, one can find substantial frivolity. But the cure is worse. Trial Lawyers do substantial good, and that far out weighs the frivolous cases.

I view access to courts kinda like free expression. In both cases, one can find substantial frivolity. But the cure is worse. Trial Lawyers do substantial good, and that far out weighs the frivolous cases.

I'm sure most people who operate within the system have a similar view. But it's simply not one I share. The system has a terrible reputation -- and I think it deserves that bad reputation.

Because of the substantial good that comes from it, the people who do the good should really do more to clean things up from the within. But I lost hope a long time ago that this will ever happen -- which is why I'm a full-throated supporter of reforming it from without.

Last edited:
It's a pretty special place, isn't it? I've convinced a number of people to go to Big Cedar and they've all had the same reaction to it.
My daughter who is the single most unathletic person on the planet, has been to multiple big cities, every major beach in fla, despises bugs and the outdoors, is woke as shit, obsessed with fashion, and is trending towards a hailey Bieber influencer life calls it her favorite place in the world.

It really is

• Love
Reactions: crazed_hoosier2

Big Cedar Lodge - Ridgedale, MO

iu

original.jpg
Looks beautiful.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT