ADVERTISEMENT

Johnson

bailey777

Hall of Famer
Nov 18, 2011
What date does he have until to decide? I think he is probably gone given he has not said he is coming back yet. My guess is he thinks he can go the D league route.

If Johnson does leave hopefully there is a 5th year transfer out there that could come in and help next year.
I would hope so. I still think we might see a transfer as well and no I do not have any sources.

Man, it's a real bummer IU had four NBA hopefuls and couldn't make the tournament.
Anyone can hope for an NBA career. Hope comes cheap. Now, if our four NBA "hopefuls" become stars in the league, you may have a point there regarding that real bummer thing.

Robert Johnson would benefit greatly by staying at IU and playing for CAM next season.
We all know that but if he does not think so it simply does not matter. Crean had them all believing they were NBA players.

Crean had them all believing they were NBA players.

Yeah, should have told them they were all bums.

Bad enough the Season-long amateurish/uninformed CTC analysis/commentary that was occasionally insightful but mostly petulant nonsense, but now that transfers to departing Players? Now someone imagines to know what the Players think/thought and why? All doubtless without recourse to knowing or speaking with them...

Back in 2016, IU had this coach, yeah, he was like Voldemort, and he couldn't coach and he brainwashed his Players, and it was like total meltdown dude. Yeah, it was gnarly, real horrorshow.

Ahh, the clarity of hindsight.

De mortuis nil nisi bonum

rikki tikka tava
"Back in 2016, IU had this coach, yeah, he was like Voldemort, and he couldn't coach and he brainwashed his Players, and it was like total meltdown dude. Yeah, it was gnarly, real horrorshow.
Ahh, the clarity of hindsight." rikki tikka tava

Actually , many of us knew CtheC was in over his head after year 3. No hindsight needed, as it was clear 6 years ago that IU needed to change coaches.

Man, it's a real bummer IU had four NBA hopefuls and couldn't make the tournament.

So pathetic.....

I was reading some quotes last night from TB at the nba combine claiming Crean firing had nothing to do with leaving.

I tell you what, not a single one of them 4 better had thought Crean was anything more then a cheerleader.

Just because a player hasn't informed PEEGS that he plans to return gives no indication he's planning on playing in the D league, Europe or China. Additionally, such decisions are completely out of our hands anyway. We'll get what we get. NV's only concern is that we don't suck.

We all know that but if he does not think so it simply does not matter. Crean had them all believing they were NBA players.

Is Crean still advising these guys? I wonder if he told Bryant, JBJ, and RJ to stay in the draft.

Yeah, should have told them they were all bums.

Bad enough the Season-long amateurish/uninformed CTC analysis/commentary that was occasionally insightful but mostly petulant nonsense, but now that transfers to departing Players? Now someone imagines to know what the Players think/thought and why? All doubtless without recourse to knowing or speaking with them...

Back in 2016, IU had this coach, yeah, he was like Voldemort, and he couldn't coach and he brainwashed his Players, and it was like total meltdown dude. Yeah, it was gnarly, real horrorshow.

Ahh, the clarity of hindsight.

De mortuis nil nisi bonum

the perfect time for wild conjecture is after someone's gone. happens in every workplace. it's part of the human experience. lol

Reactions: reabhnt
And you think Archie Miller is not going to try to prepare his players for the NBA or tell them to explore all their options? Really?

rikki tikka tava
"Back in 2016, IU had this coach, yeah, he was like Voldemort, and he couldn't coach and he brainwashed his Players, and it was like total meltdown dude. Yeah, it was gnarly, real horrorshow.
Ahh, the clarity of hindsight." rikki tikka tava

Actually , many of us knew CtheC was in over his head after year 3. No hindsight needed, as it was clear 6 years ago that IU needed to change coaches.
What are you going to do now that you can't say clappy the clown or Surfboard Fred five times a day? You come up with a brilliant nickname for Archie yet? How are you not a millionaire yet with that hilarious creativity? Those things should be on T-shirts everywhere!

So pathetic.....

I was reading some quotes last night from TB at the nba combine claiming Crean firing had nothing to do with leaving.

I tell you what, not a single one of them 4 better had thought Crean was anything more then a cheerleader.
What the heck are you talking about?

Rojo is either coming back or going overseas. There is no spot for him in the NBA or DLeague. If there were, he'd have been scouted and evaluated already by NBA guys and its clear that no one has considered him. He'll probably be back because he isn't athletic enough or polished enough not to be.

Rojo is either coming back or going overseas. There is no spot for him in the NBA or DLeague. If there were, he'd have been scouted and evaluated already by NBA guys and its clear that no one has considered him. He'll probably be back because he isn't athletic enough or polished enough not to be.
I suspect he could make it in the D-League. Whether he can impress enough to land some of that money that NBA teams like to throw around is another thing. Troy got a 500k contract from Memphis then when they needed PG depth they cut him and he got all that money then went elsewhere.

Is Crean still advising these guys? I wonder if he told Bryant, JBJ, and RJ to stay in the draft.
Crean thinks everyone he coaches is an NBA player. I believe Johnson is seriously considering not coming back or he would have already announced it.

Crean thinks everyone he coaches is an NBA player. I believe Johnson is seriously considering not coming back or he would have already announced it.

If that's true then Tom is essentially admitting that he knows he's a bad coach given that he never once got past the Sweet 16 in 9 seasons despite having lots of NBA players.

Crean should become a TV announcer, he actually does very well in front of the microphone.

Crean should become a TV announcer, he actually does very well in front of the microphone.

He does?

34249_h.jpg

Reactions: Rakkasan29
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT